And the decommitments start

I am so happy for the miserable ones on this site. 2020 has been a banner year for you. Pleases continue to gloat over the misfortunes of our team. We have a situation that is right up your alley. Keep voicing the extreme negativity as it will bolster our recruiting efforts. The potential recruits will see the absolute disdain the "loyal" fanbase has for the current staff and players and will decide that they really want to help the poor pitiful fanbase out by staying committed to them. ANY potential replacement coach will laugh hysterically, or simply fire their agent, if this job is even mentioned. The stadium will stay full and all the improvements on the drawing board will make venerable Neyland the envy of all. Gotta love it.

Sometimes WE fans(I most definitely include myself) just make things worse for ourselves. Now I guess we will lose this excellent recruiting class because all of our complaining. Coach Pruitt I still support you , but not Chaney !
I'd like to understand this magic that happens when fans are negative. Apparently, if we're negative, coaches can't coach, players can't execute, and now recruits leave. Even funnier, apparently we're the only team that has this magic. I've seen bama fans wabt to fire saban, dawg fans want to fire smart, Clemson fans even, yet those schools are staying on top. When you have time, please explain our magic negative impact.

Sometimes WE fans(I most definitely include myself) just make things worse for ourselves. Now I guess we will lose this excellent recruiting class because all of our complaining. Coach Pruitt I still support you , but not Chaney !
I'd rather Chaney be the HC and get rid of Cornbread

I am so happy for the miserable ones on this site. 2020 has been a banner year for you. Pleases continue to gloat over the misfortunes of our team. We have a situation that is right up your alley. Keep voicing the extreme negativity as it will bolster our recruiting efforts. The potential recruits will see the absolute disdain the "loyal" fanbase has for the current staff and players and will decide that they really want to help the poor pitiful fanbase out by staying committed to them. ANY potential replacement coach will laugh hysterically, or simply fire their agent, if this job is even mentioned. The stadium will stay full and all the improvements on the drawing board will make venerable Neyland the envy of all. Gotta love it.
giphy-5.gif

TLDR: <farting sound>

It's really unfortunate we can't be like you and just accept everything sh*tty.

The article says LSU might be his choice...so maybe it’s not the current season that’s shaping his thoughts...

Perhaps he was looking at the football results from each coach while at their current schools:

LSU
Coach: Orgeron
Seasons: 4 plus part of 2016
Overall record: 43-12 (6-2, 9-4, 10-3, 15-0, 3-3)
SEC record: 27-10 (4-2, 6-2, 5-3, 9-0, 3-3)
SEC West final rankings: 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, tbd
Final AP rankings: 13th, 18th, 6th, 1st, tbd
Bowl record: 4-1
Championships: 2019 (SEC West, SEC, National)
Heisman winners: 1
Draft picks: 32 (8, 7, 3, 14)

TN
Coach: Pruitt
Seasons: 3
Overall record: 15-17 (5-7, 8-5, 2-5)
SEC record: 9-14 (2-6, 5-3, 2-5)
SEC East final rankings: 7th, 3rd, tbd
Final AP ranking: NR, NR, tbd
Bowl record: 1-0
Championships: 0
Heisman winners: 0
Draft picks: 2 (0, 2)

I'd like to understand this magic that happens when fans are negative. Apparently, if we're negative, coaches can't coach, players can't execute, and now recruits leave. Even funnier, apparently we're the only team that has this magic. I've seen bama fans wabt to fire saban, dawg fans want to fire smart, Clemson fans even, yet those schools are staying on top. When you have time, please explain our magic negative impact.
Good points. For FL week, we should test ReelfootVol’s theory and only say positive things. We will then observe the results.

So our athletic department, university administration and boosters appear to be taking the route of doing nothing. The sheep will keep buying tickets, T-shirt’s and making donations.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
Wish Pruitt would decommit....
The bad part is Stoops at Kentucky is doing a better job coaching. JG is not a good starting QB. And if Pruitt thinks he is the best chance at winning. Then Pruitt is either too hard headed, or he is not a head coach of a major program. Or the coaches is not doing a good job. ( Wenkie)

Maybe Pruitt knows he is going to get fired after early signing day and told him to decommit so he can go were he is going to be DC we can only hope

9a60960d19c310ab51a2acfb47923d3a_w200.gif

What do you think opposing coaches are telling our recruits right now, everything is going great at Tennessee? There’s nothing being said on this board, or any other, that our recruits aren’t hearing from our opposition or seeing for themselves on Saturdays.

Recruits care about winning.

We’re losing.

What am I missing?

Folks decommit every year from every team for different reasons.
And it seems to happen more often to terrible and underperforming teams, while good teams with a easily sold narrative seem to reap the benefits. It's nearly inconceivable.

Those strange mysteries of the universe. Wish I (and you) could decipher them..

Yep.

Recruiting is about the only thing Pruitt has to hang his babushka on at present.
And really Pruitt is very similar in recruiting to Butch, not much difference at all. Pruitt's been middle of the pack in the SEC every year when it's all finalized on signing day. He is mainly notable for having gotten us in final 2 or 3 for a lot of big fish but with a few exceptions like Henry T and Crouch, has otherwise missed on those players. Like Viper said in Top Gun, in recruiting there are no points for second place.

VN Store

Back