Anarchy In Portland

Portland Riots Continue Without Feds as Local Police Stand Down

AP_20211423586099-640x480.jpg

Riots continued in Portland on Sunday, where a police facility was attacked, officers were injured, and 16 people were arrested for “interfering with a peace officer”–despite claims by Democrats in Oregon and Congress that the protests are mostly peaceful and turned violent only because of the presence of federal police.

AP_20211423586099-640x480.jpg

Riots continued in Portland on Sunday, where a police facility was attacked, officers were injured, and 16 people were arrested for “interfering with a peace officer”–despite claims by Democrats in Oregon and Congress that the protests are mostly peaceful and turned violent only because of the presence of federal police.

Wait! I thought, and was told by some well informed posters on this board, that the riots were because the Feds were there and that the presence of Feds actually instigated said riots....that were once peaceful protests. How can this be?

Answer: Complete lack of understanding their own Leftist mindset and failure of the critical thought process.

I thought in public you can be filmed. No expectation of privacy. I'm sure this is wrong somehow. Cue someone correcting me.
It's a constitutionally protected first amendment activity. In public, there is no expectation of privacy. You can film or photograph whatever your eyes can see from public property. You can film government employees in the performance of their duties.

It's a constitutionally protected first amendment activity. In public, there is no expectation of privacy. You can film or photograph whatever your eyes can see from public property. You can film government employees in the performance of their duties.

It all depends on what you are doing with the photo or video. I can't build a website and use your picture in it even if I took it in public without your consent. Similar to taking a picture or video of the Eiffel tower at night.

It all depends on what you are doing with the photo or video. I can't build a website and use your picture in it even if I took it in public without your consent. Similar to taking a picture or video of the Eiffel tower at night.
I'm not sure if you step in front of a camera or video in public that there's much you can do about your likeness being used unless you've been libeled. A private individual can sue but unless the claim is has hurt your brand and you can prove it there's not much to be done.
" matters of public interest " That includes government officials in the performance of their duties. More specifically the Glik case which specifically went to police and their qualified immunity and violating Gliks 1st and 4th amendment rights. A 3rd uninvolved party may videotape or take pictures of police performing in their official capacity. There are some stipulations to that. It does cover other government employees also.

Portland is a beautiful place to live! I live there for many years, I have many friends and family that live there. It's just a wonderful place to live work and raise a family. To call Portland a "hellhole" is foolish and certainly ignorant.

First, the Portland metro area is about 2 million in population. Pretty much all of the media hype has taken place in about a 4 block area near the Federal Court house. Judging an entire city by what's going on in the evenings near the Federal Court house is ridiculous.

The situation would have been long over by now if the Feds hadn't come in and created this political media event. This is a very very manufactured political event.

I use to live and work a short walk from where the Federal Court building is located. Portland is one of the best small cities in the USA.

That 3rd paragraph is about as stupid a statement as you'll ever see.

I will be absolutely floored if she is recalled. Because I suspect a majority of people in Seattle sees things they way she does.
My nephews just outside Portland. He would never involve himself in a protest but his girlfriend would in a heartbeat. She is what I would suppose would be the voting base there.

OSP pulling out because city not prosecuting the criminals. Governor tries to spin it saying it was mutual. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Remember-- Burn baby burn ?

I will be absolutely floored if she is recalled. Because I suspect a majority of people in Seattle sees things they way she does.
I could kind of see this backfiring. The people that think she did a piss poor job handling the riots may want her out, but so will the people who’d like to replace her with an even more leftist candidate.

VN Store

Back