An Outsider's view of the Geno-UT feud

You dont think Pat didnt have this privilege her whole career! She deserved to have it just like Geno! Evina is not the only player to say that about the LV program since Holly became head coach either! Diamond Deshield and Tea Cooper come to mind! The head WBB Coach at Quinniapac thinks the world of the Huskies program and Their HC! I Wonder what the che thinks about your statements? Also Chris Daily is not Holly Warlick! Pat ran her team and Holly didnt do much on the sideline during games since 1991! If CD took over the team there wouldnt be a much of a difference! Why dont you asl Theresa to read and comment on this crap!
1574010399252.gif

Becca Carlson s problem with Geno is he is a man who coaches a womens sport and has been extremely successful at it. Also he coaches in the only womens sport that receives attention from the media, fans and is on TV all the time. I am from Connecticut and this is the first time I heard of Quinnipiac Rugby! She probably doesn't like the fact that Geno makes over 2 million dollars a year and she probably makes less than CD makes a year. She is the head of a sports equality organization and this is why she made these comments IMO.
This is the only one of your posts I agree with. She loses credibility because she's making this into a gender argument instead of a performance one.

But Geno's still an a$$, so carry on.

That’s a huge assumption to make about someone that you don’t know. I interacted with her on Twitter...if you have questions or seek clarification just ask her. That is unless this false narrative your pushing makes you feel better.
Interacting with her on Twitter doesn't make you know her any better than the other poster does.

The writer of the article appears to be as big of an idiot as Geno is.

Pat built from nothing, and her entire career, she went out of her way to help other coaches and other programs build and succeed, for themselves and for the good of WBB.

Geno stepped on other people's backs all the way up and goes out of his way to trash other programs. He wins, but he'll never do it with class. He doesn't know the meaning of the word.

for us who haven't paid attention, could someone please ID the UC trolls. I get them confused with the other trolls.... :)

for us who haven't paid attention, could someone please ID the UC trolls. I get them confused with the other trolls.... :)
Yes, that would be a very interesting exercise. All we need is someone to play the role of Joseph McCarthy. Any volunteers ?
(No pun intended)

Interacting with her on Twitter doesn't make you know her any better than the other poster does.

The writer of the article appears to be as big of an idiot as Geno is.
At no point in time did I say I knew her. I had questions, sought clarification and suggested the other poster do the same instead of making assumptions. Reading is fundamental.

Trolls to the left of us, trolls to the right, trolls everywhere, probably trolls under Henley Street Bridge. Trolls do not bother me. Idiots who become overwrought and give trolls relevancy by responding and interacting with them bother me.

I think Amber nailed it but I would go a step further. It also seemed that there was a veiled anti lesbian slam against Geno. That to me is a non starter since his all women staff mostly consisted of Chris Dailey,and two others all past 40 and none of them married. Is it unreasonable to think that one or more of them are lesbians? I doubt therefore he has an anti lesbian bias. Is there a man in the world , other than her father who had a better relationship with Diana Taurasi or Sue Bird?. I’m having a tough time figuring out the true purpose of this article

Is she thinking that Geno’s unstated UT abuse of Evina is somehow lesbian related? I would hope not

Last edited:
Reactions: NeedOrange
I found and stole this from a Facebook page. I didn't want it to get lost in one of the number of discussions already occurring on this board. Just for context, the author is the Head Rugby coach of Quinnipiac University.

Perhaps the most cogent response to Geno's rant that I have seen! And coming from a non-combatant it carries more weight, in my opinion.

How Geno's Privilege Blinds Him to the Rest of the Coaching World

Jim

Her male hating article would have a bit more credibility if she didn't have such an obvious bias against men coaching women? Also; ironically, she claims to have a journalism undergraduate degree, but doesn't understand the difference between the use of the words "elude" and "allude"? Reminds me a bit of Coach Muffet McGraw on one of her rants against men!

I am talking about from 1995 and on when she was established with her first 3 NCs. Pat actually had the privilege the author talks about in her post. Pat also earned and deserved it! Remember Geno took over a program that had 1 winning season before he took over! Geno and CD started out having to do all that for their program as well.
I doubt that Geno ever washed uniforms or drove a bus to the games. Pat made women’s basketball what it is today and Geno is reaping what she sowed.

That to me is a non starter since his all women staff mostly consisted of Chris Dailey,and two others all past 40 and none of them married. Is it unreasonable to think that one or more of them are lesbians?
Shea Ralph is married with one child. Sarah Darras is married with 2 children. Jasmine lister graduated from Vanderbilt in 2014 as an all sec guard.

Reactions: Dube
Speaking of Shea Ralph, every time I’ve seen her on the Connecticut bench she looks like the most unhappy woman in the world. She may very well be one of the most fun, sweet, happy people in the sport, but she always LOOKS like this when I’ve seen her. It’s bizarre:

Attachments

• 9C43AD91-6AC6-4AA9-8D47-5C95197D419A.jpeg
    9C43AD91-6AC6-4AA9-8D47-5C95197D419A.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 21
Her male hating article would have a bit more credibility if she didn't have such an obvious bias against men coaching women? Also; ironically, she claims to have a journalism undergraduate degree, but doesn't understand the difference between the use of the words "elude" and "allude"? Reminds me a bit of Coach Muffet McGraw on one of her rants against men!

Did you actually, uh read this commentary. It is not about man-hating but that Geno, owing to his past success, has earned a degree of impunity that other coaches (male or female) of women's programs do not have:

You hear Geno talk about recruiting and what he is looking for specifically. He touts his hard line about not needing to coach effort because it's expected. When in reality, the reason Geno can take those hard lines and treat his players the way he does is because he's issued complete autonomy to do so.
In UCONN's eyes, Geno has earned the right to coach his women like male basketball coaches coach their males...as long as he is successful. This power will never be eliminated and Geno knows it which is why he can sit in press conferences without fear of overstepping or misspeaking.

When UCONN basketball begins, the gym doors close and the underground world of what those athletes go through will cease to ever make it to the ears of the athletic director because if they did, they wouldn't be listened to anyway. Why? Because it's Geno.

Geno's ability to coach how he needs in order to win is hardly something afforded to both female coaches and males who coach female sports and it's clearly taken for granted. Even with this recognition he is still unsatisfied and in the process, stepped on the throat of a former female coach who never in a million years do the same to him. This generation will guarantee that Geno's clock is ticking and karma is coming.

Last edited:
Speaking of Shea Ralph, every time I’ve seen her on the Connecticut bench she looks like the most unhappy woman in the world. She may very well be one of the most fun, sweet, happy people in the sport, but she always LOOKS like this when I’ve seen her. It’s bizarre:

I’ve seen that pic before I am pretty sure that’s her daughter... is that her dad ? Husband? Anybody know ?

Last edited:
She looked that way on the court too. She's got a scorching, incurable case of Resting B!tch Face if I've ever seen one!

Reactions: Orange Maniac

She hemmed that skirt up 3 times and it’s still too short! 🤪🤨

The only time I've ever seen Shea smile is when she's in a picture with her baby? She does scowl a lot!!

I think Amber nailed it but I would go a step further. It also seemed that there was a veiled anti lesbian slam against Geno. That to me is a non starter since his all women staff mostly consisted of Chris Dailey,and two others all past 40 and none of them married. Is it unreasonable to think that one or more of them are lesbians? I doubt therefore he has an anti lesbian bias. Is there a man in the world , other than her father who had a better relationship with Diana Taurasi or Sue Bird?. I’m having a tough time figuring out the true purpose of this article

Is she thinking that Geno’s unstated UT abuse of Evina is somehow lesbian related? I would hope not

Re-presented for need orange?

Reactions: NeedOrange

VN Store

Back