An Interesting thought

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Not that anyone is thinking about Atlanta after todays dismal effort, but you have to wonder if the AD's in the west would vote for the worst team (Tennessee) in an effort to give the SECC to the West. You have to think that Tennessee would have the be the "opponent of choice" for whoever wins the west.

It's not gonna come down to a vote, Freak. Tennessee is the team most likely to lose another conference game. Florida has South Carolina and Vandy. Georgia has Auburn and Kentucky. Looks like UF will come out on top of the SEC East this year.

As hard as it is to say, they are probably the most deserving right now. :angry:

Georgia could possibly lose to Auburn, although They DID play UF close. But there is no way UF will lose again. Chris Leak is HOT. We still have Mississippi St., A MUCH improved Vanderbilt AND Kentucky. I don't see us winning in Lexington this year. I HOPE the Vols prove me wrong and force me to eat a ton of crow, which I will gladly do, but today's game was a real eye-opener for me.

There is no question in my mind that if we play the way we did today that we could lose any or all of our last 4 games.

...and in walks the SOS to assume command of the mighty Vols.

Slightly off topic, but did you catch Fulmer's plug for the fans last Sunday? He has to feel the heat!

Originally posted by KnoxKDX@Nov 1 2003, 09:28 PM
Slightly off topic, but did you catch Fulmer's plug for the fans last Sunday? He has to feel the heat!

what?

Out of abolutely nowhere he said something like, "Bob, we're really proud of our fans, they stick by us no matter what."

Is Fulmer on drugs?

Mores quotes from today;

1. If we play our best we have as good of a chance as anyone to beat Miami.

2. I am proud of our guys. Duke was a good win in front of a homecoming crowd that enjoyed the evening.

Not exact quotes, but you get the idea. :bs:

I have to agree with the Freak. Yes, UT sucks right now, and they will get :bash: by Miami next Saturday. But after that, I think UT will FINALLY do some things right and defeat Miss St, Vandy, and Kentucky (not necessarily stomp them, but they should win those three games). Let's cross our fingers and hope Auburn beats Georgia!!!

When is that Auburn game? Is it 2 weeks?

<<edit>> I found it. The game on November 15th.

VN Store

Back