An air of skepticism

LibertyVolance

That's what I'm sensing and probably just what we need as the Pruitt reign begins. After 3 disappointing hires back to back, who wouldn't be? No bandwagons should be expected.

Like every coach, Pruitt deserves a chance. None of us has any reason to automatically think every little thing will be fine now that Fulmer is AD and a successful ex-asst with a lot of energy is HC. We've been around the horn, been pumped up with butchisms enough to know better than to fall for the next rainmaker.

There are things to keep our interests alive with a new change in offensive and defensive formations, schemes, and coaches. I'll be looking at those particular changes and effects in the early going this fall along with new personnel and hopefully more physicality and size as things progress. Keep an eye on the subtle changes too, in confidence and body language and whether these players are buying in and adapting. See if we really are showing signs of a downfield passing game and stretching the field or was that just hopeful offseason coachspeak.

We're getting set to kickoff another fall. Keep an open, healthy mind but don't expect miracles given that most of our players were outmatched by Vandy in the final closing game to see which team would go winless in conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Not this fan. I ain't sceert. Full speed on the big orange train!!!!! I'll jump off when it's inevitable that it's going to crash and burn!!

Attachments

• big-orange-train.jpg
    big-orange-train.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 27 people
Last 3 Hires:

1. Offensive Coach and SNAKE Person!

2. Jerk!

3. Used Car Salesman!

Now 4. Hopefully an ACTUAL Football Coach!! :crossfingers::crossfingers:

For obvious reasons most of us are now in a "Show Me" state.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Last 3 Hires:

2. Jerk!

3. Used Car Salesman!

giphy.gif

Cool, I've never been to missouri!

Reactions: 3 people
Not this fan. I ain't sceert. Full speed on the big orange train!!!!! I'll jump off when it's inevitable that it's going to crash and burn!!

I'm not quite there at the moment, but I know that I will be by the time the season starts. It just takes longer with each successive hire. There was no hesitation when Kiffin was hired. I was somewhat skeptical when Dooley was hired, but he won me over. As an aside, I don't care how bad of a coach he was. I loved the orange pants. I digress. I was highly skeptical when Jones was hired. I couldn't believe that we hired one of the few coaches to actually lose to Dooley, but I bought in shortly after signing day because it appeared that we were being considered by some players who previously hadn't. Since that last point seemed to be repeated on this past signing day, I'm obviously a bit more skeptical now. All that being said, my blood is orange. In fact, just typing this has me fully buying what Pruitt is selling, and I'm now playing "Rocky Top" at work.

Last 3 Hires:

2. Jerk!

3. Used Car Salesman!

giphy.gif

Was Dools a jerk? Or just incompetent?

I have been a ut fan since 1965 I have seen all the ups and downs that ut has had last year was a team that gave up on their coach . you could tell that in the Georgia game. the 4- 8 season wasn't a good indication of what this team is capable of. this team has talent on both sides of the ball and also has a coach that understands football for what it is.first thing I have seen the way the players are talking good about their coach.all the professional prognosticators have given ut no chance at winning over 4 to 5 games picked them 6th in the east.wasnt this the same people who picked ut to finish 13th last year in b-ball.well im gonna say ut wins 9 or 10 games this year.

Reactions: 4 people
That's what I'm sensing and probably just what we need as the Pruitt reign begins. After 3 disappointing hires back to back, who wouldn't be? No bandwagons should be expected.

Like every coach, Pruitt deserves a chance. None of us has any reason to automatically think every little thing will be fine now that Fulmer is AD and a successful ex-asst with a lot of energy is HC. We've been around the horn, been pumped up with butchisms enough to know better than to fall for the next rainmaker.

There are things to keep our interests alive with a new change in offensive and defensive formations, schemes, and coaches. I'll be looking at those particular changes and effects in the early going this fall along with new personnel and hopefully more physicality and size as things progress. Keep an eye on the subtle changes too, in confidence and body language and whether these players are buying in and adapting. See if we really are showing signs of a downfield passing game and stretching the field or was that just hopeful offseason coachspeak.

We're getting set to kickoff another fall. Keep an open, healthy mind but don't expect miracles given that most of our players were outmatched by Vandy in the final closing game to see which team would go winless in conference.

I get what you're saying, but Kiffin wasn't a disappointing hire. He would have won big here. Dooley and Butch on the other hand...

Reactions: 2 people
I think Lame Kiffin would have gotten Tennessee on NCAA Probation with questionable recruiting:shades:

Without a doubt in my mind he and that staff would have given us one hell of an exciting ride for about three years until they beat us over the head with sanctions then he would have left us holding the whole bag of poop . Other than him leaving right before NSD and that fat headed Ed O calling recruits telling them not to go to class because they would be enrolled then , we got off pretty lucky not having him ruin football for UT .

Reactions: 7 people
I get what you're saying, but Kiffin wasn't a disappointing hire. He would have won big here. Dooley and Butch on the other hand...

What a joke. Kiffin was a horrible hire by a horrible AD. He would have lead Tennessee down the NCAA drain but they let us off the hook because he was gone. He had a ton of talent left him and was embarrassed on several occasions. All he would have done was to kill the program. He killed it for almost 10 years as it was by losing a ton of players (committed and already on the team) by his own choosing. Then he recruited the worst class in SEC history as virtually none of them contributed. He ran off a total of 45 kids. It took 10 years to recover. Maybe more. Tennessee was a laughingstock while Big Hat no Cattle was here.

Reactions: 8 people
I have been a ut fan since 1965 I have seen all the ups and downs that ut has had last year was a team that gave up on their coach . you could tell that in the Georgia game. the 4- 8 season wasn't a good indication of what this team is capable of. this team has talent on both sides of the ball and also has a coach that understands football for what it is.first thing I have seen the way the players are talking good about their coach.all the professional prognosticators have given ut no chance at winning over 4 to 5 games picked them 6th in the east.wasnt this the same people who picked ut to finish 13th last year in b-ball.well im gonna say ut wins 9 or 10 games this year.

You sound like the other idiots that predicted the same thing last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Still in a wait and see mode. I'm not going to bash him nor am I going to crown him. If you want to crown him, CROWN HIM! He is who we thought he was!

tenor.gif

What a joke. Kiffin was a horrible hire by a horrible AD. He would have lead Tennessee down the NCAA drain but they let us off the hook because he was gone. He had a ton of talent left him and was embarrassed on several occasions. All he would have done was to kill the program. He killed it for almost 10 years as it was by losing a ton of players (committed and already on the team) by his own choosing. Then he recruited the worst class in SEC history as virtually none of them contributed. He ran off a total of 45 kids. It took 10 years to recover. Maybe more. Tennessee was a laughingstock while Big Hat no Cattle was here.

These last 10 years of failure are entirely due to incompetence in the UTAD. A proper buyout would have kept Kiffin here. Even if there were sanctions under him we wouldn’t be as low as we are now. We’d have a trophy in the case and it wouldn’t be for a Life Championship.

These last 10 years of failure are entirely due to incompetence in the UTAD. A proper buyout would have kept Kiffin here. Even if there were sanctions under him we wouldn’t be as low as we are now. We’d have a trophy in the case and it wouldn’t be for a Life Championship.

If anyone thought he could bring trophies he wouldn’t be coaching where he is. Jesus Bobby Petrino has more baggage then LK. Yet LK is the one stuck coaching where he is.

Reactions: 2 people
If anyone thought he could bring trophies he wouldn’t be coaching where he is. Jesus Bobby Petrino has more baggage then LK. Yet LK is the one stuck coaching where he is.

Coordinated under Saban just like Pruitt and Saban doesn’t tolerate baggage. Kiffin is a HC now and will have a Power 5 offer by the end of 2020.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back