Amazing stats for defense

Never this good under Pruitt View attachment 402149

Very impressive.

I actually saw this stat looking at the ncaa stats site. I wanted to compare to the same stat last year.

Do you happen to know cumulative TTFL through game 6 in 2020 and for the entire season?

If anyone knows I’d appreciate you sharing it here.

Very impressive.

I actually saw this stat looking at the ncaa stats site. I wanted to compare to the same stat last year.

Do you happen to know cumulative TTFL through game 6 in 2020 and for the entire season?

If anyone knows I’d appreciate you sharing it here.
55 for the season

Reactions: DC_Vol
Reactions: krichunaka
I suspect that the defense is easier this year as the players are not having to "think" as much and just go make plays and be aggressive.

Definitely looks like he simplified some things. I’m not sure but maybe Pruitt’s scheme was overly complicated. We had guys missing assignments all over the D. Haven’t seen much of that this year.

Definitely looks like he simplified some things. I’m not sure but maybe Pruitt’s scheme was overly complicated. We had guys missing assignments all over the D. Haven’t seen much of that this year.
What I saw was poor tackling, lack of basics, etc. You can’t do complicated things without understanding the basics

Reactions: wmcovol and Hbg
Pruitt didn't teach basic fundamentals. His teams lacked discipline. Proving what most already know. They pay so well at Bama that even a guy like Pruitt can look good. Bama is the most crooked college football team in existence. Doesn't matter who the assistants are when you buy the best players available.

I suspect that the defense is easier this year as the players are not having to "think" as much and just go make plays and be aggressive.
I heard a defensive player [do not remember who it was], said something to the effect that the overall scheme from last year to Banks is basically the same ... but Banks has made it simpler. That would contribute to why the defense is performing at a higher level than most expected.

Pruitt didn't teach basic fundamentals. His teams lacked discipline. Proving what most already know. They pay so well at Bama that even a guy like Pruitt can look good. Bama is the most crooked college football team in existence. Doesn't matter who the assistants are when you buy the best players available.
Bama cheats no more, and maybe less, then we do. Stop justifying our being ******.

I heard a defensive player [do not remember who it was], said something to the effect that the overall scheme from last year to Banks is basically the same ... but Banks has made it simpler. That would contribute to why the defense is performing at a higher level than most expected.
I am so pleased to see what this coaching staff has done. I am equally pleased with the way they are doing it. Player development from season to season has been nonexistent for over a decade. This team is showing great developmental gains week to week.

Impressive and shocking how our defense has turned out this year. Wish we had a little more pass rush. But, compared to what most expected and with out lack of depth, I am elated.

That being said, this stat of TFL is in part due to the scheme and philosophy that CJH is using. Total attack, all of the time, with the goal of a TFL or turnover that gets the D off the field quickly. Of course, that type of aggression leads to big plays from the other team too. But, that's not the end of the world either b/c that also gets our D off the field and puts our O back for a shootout. We're built (building) for that, so the philosophy theoretically leads to our advantage. (Note: that every team we've played has used the HB pass bc they know we'll attack it)

Interestingly, our defense has forced more punts than I expected and played pretty solid. Definitely the top (pleasant) surprise of the season so far.

VN Store

Back