Amani Bartlett

Twitter

Nice Video. Remember she is a freshman this year and will have 4 years to get better. I'm loving her ability to put the ball on the floor at 6'3 already.

Reactions: 2 people
As a parent, I would not want my daughter committing to any program as a freshman in high school.

Why not ? I have known families that have long lineage at certain schools and universities and their kids have grown up always wanting to be a part of that tradition... this may not be the case with you but say if you, your spouse,siblings, parents, grandparents all went to a certain university and that school offered your kid who always dreamed of playing there*, while you would do your due dilegence you wouldn’t want your kid to commit? It’s not binding ... other coaches most assuredly would still be contacting your student-athlete because not everybody abides by that code, and if there was any type of change your kid wouldn’t have to go there.

Last edited:
Why not ? I have known families that have long lineage at certain schools and universities and their kids have grown up always wanting to be a part of that tradition... this may not be the case with you but say if you, your spouse,siblings, parents, grandparents all went to a certain university and that school offered your kid who always dreamed of playing their, while you would do your due dilegence you wouldn’t want your kid to commit? It’s not binding ... other coaches most assuredly would still be contacting your student-athlete because not everybody abides by that code, and if there was any type of change your kid wouldn’t have to go there.
Exactly, i wonder if the Hayes ladies all verballed would this ridiculous ridicule and doubt be going on, or would maybe, i don't know, some form of joy and happiness that we are a hot school on the recruiting trail just be appreciated

Why not ? I have known families that have long lineage at certain schools and universities and their kids have grown up always wanting to be a part of that tradition... this may not be the case with you but say if you, your spouse,siblings, parents, grandparents all went to a certain university and that school offered your kid who always dreamed of playing their, while you would do your due dilegence you wouldn’t want your kid to commit? It’s not binding ... other coaches most assuredly would still be contacting your student-athlete because not everybody abides by that code, and if there was any type of change your kid wouldn’t have to go there.
You nailed it! As a parent, you would, or should, be excited your child is excited, and driven, to not only go to college, but win a scholarship. I am sure the parents were not playing negitive nancy in her head when she came to visit. Bravo for parents who cheer for their children's dreams!

Amani already has a famous follower wishing her well...

Twitter

For those who don’t know Remy Ma is a famous female rapper. This is pretty awesome!

Amani already has a famous follower wishing her well...

Twitter

For those who dont know Remy Ma is a famous female rapper. This is pretty awesome!

Follow the Twitter and you will notice a couple of things. 1) she visited A&M and had a hashtag #uncommitted and 2) she retweeted a Mimi Collins tweet about being home related to Maryland.

Unless Tennessee has been her dream school since a young child, I dont think I would count on this. Could happen, but I dont know how reliable a decision by a 14 year old would be.

it makes other 14 year olds look at their futures
things happen earlier for these generations
;
I had pre-algebra in the ninth grade..my daughter had algebra in the sixth grade

Reactions: MAD
Follow the Twitter and you will notice a couple of things. 1) she visited A&M and had a hashtag #uncommitted and 2) she retweeted a Mimi Collins tweet about being home related to Maryland.

Not surprising with the coaching change. I wrote that when she committed as a freshman I think.

Kellie has seemingly gotten in on some really good 2021s/2022s so not surprising she would reopen her recruitment. I didn’t think the commitment would stick anyways.

What it does do is free up another scholarship that would have been taken which allows Kellie to further put her stamp on the program with her players.

Last edited:
Reactions: River67
Not surprising with the coaching change. I wrote that when she committed as a going kid.

Kellie has seemingly gotten in on some really good 2021s/2022s so not surprising she would reopen her recruitment. I didn’t think the commitment would stick anyways.

What it does do is free up another scholarship that would have been taken which allows Kellie to further put her stamp on the program with her players.

Sorry I meant to quote @LadyVol1908.

VN Store

Back