Am I the only one who can admit im a horrible fan

BlueLineVolFan

So this might be a long post. Don't hate me. So my wife told me today that its "awkward" to watch the game with me. She also said that i'm a horrible fan. Keep in mind I have been a die-hard Tennessee fan since I was like 8 years old. This was back when we was dominate and owned the SEC. Also i've done this while living in Alabama in a city that loves Alabama Football. Anyways thats enough back story. So around the 3rd qtr I started to realize I'm not fun to watch the game with. I just get so hyped for the games and then Tennessee's Defense just plays awful and I'm that guy that is very negative. "This is why Tennessee will always be Tennessee". "This soft defense is why we only win maybe 7-8 games a year". I love Tennessee with a passion but with the last few years I have just become so negative during the games. I write this novel to ask....How do I watch the game and just enjoy it even if Tennessee plays awful. I'm taking the first step and admitting I'm a awful fan and I wanna change lol!!!

My dog runs outside when he realizes I am watching the game. but to be clear, I am not necessarily negative. Just very loud and angry. Mostly angry at the other team, but also at some of the bad plays by our guys. Maybe getting mad at a muffed tackle is a form of negativity, but what I typically don't do is give up in the middle of the 2nd like a buddy of mine I was texting with today started to do

So this might be a long post. Don't hate me. So my wife told me today that its "awkward" to watch the game with me. She also said that i'm a horrible fan. Keep in mind I have been a die-hard Tennessee fan since I was like 8 years old. This was back when we was dominate and owned the SEC. Also i've done this while living in Alabama in a city that loves Alabama Football. Anyways thats enough back story. So around the 3rd qtr I started to realize I'm not fun to watch the game with. I just get so hyped for the games and then Tennessee's Defense just plays awful and I'm that guy that is very negative. "This is why Tennessee will always be Tennessee". "This soft defense is why we only win maybe 7-8 games a year". I love Tennessee with a passion but with the last few years I have just become so negative during the games. I write this novel to ask....How do I watch the game and just enjoy it even if Tennessee plays awful. I'm taking the first step and admitting I'm a awful fan and I wanna change lol!!!
It happens man. Just walk it off and breathe. I did 3 loads of laundry during this game to keep busy. When they recovered the onside kick I went and scrubbed the pool. The fam had to call me back to celebrate. Find whatever works for you.

So I actually had this issue in 2020. I hadn’t dated in a while and my girlfriend at the time came over to watch a Braves playoff game with me. She told me she did not enjoy my company lol. And I was sober.

Id say either watch the game alone, watch it in a big group (you usually behave better with more people around). Definitely don’t get drunk. OR find yourself a diehard fan like yourself to watch the game who watches like you (this helps with my roommate when the Braves play in the playoffs).

I'm a bad fan too. I'm extremely pessimistic. I was still convinced we were going to lose when we went up 38-21. Yes, I have BVS, but considering some of the losses we have had over the last 15-20 years, can you really blame me?
Exactly man. Like I'm still suffering from the LSU loss when we had 12 men on the field and everyone thought we stopped them for the win. Its sucks though because I could tell my wife was not having a good time. I'm okay with losing to a team with better players. I hate losing when we make mistakes. After today i'm going to deff work on it though.

It happens man. Just walk it off and breathe. I did 3 loads of laundry during this game to keep busy. When they recovered the onside kick I went and scrubbed the pool. The fam had to call me back to celebrate. Find whatever works for you.
This is why I posted on here. I know some are going to troll me but I needed to know I wasn't the only one. I use to be superstitious to the point I would turn the game off because I always thought they played better when I wasn't watching. I've learned that I miss out on big plays in games and I had to just overcome that stupid crap lol

Exactly man. Like I'm still suffering from the LSU loss when we had 12 men on the field and everyone thought we stopped them for the win. Its sucks though because I could tell my wife was not having a good time. I'm okay with losing to a team with better players. I hate losing when we make mistakes. After today i'm going to deff work on it though.

I've gotten better over the years at just keeping it to myself. I've gotten my hopes up way too many times only to be let down to have any kind of optimism when watching Tennessee play.

This is why I posted on here. I know some are going to troll me but I needed to know I wasn't the only one. I use to be superstitious to the point I would turn the game off because I always thought they played better when I wasn't watching. I've learned that I miss out on big plays in games and I had to just overcome that stupid crap lol
I have learned that watching pissed or stressed is useless for me. I now just walk off and take a breather. If it is bad enough I may truly turn the game off and do something productive. Life is too short to live angry.

Jesus, I live in Roanoke, Va. My girlfriend is a VT Alum. We went to game Thursday against WVU. Ugly....we had people over tonight and I was a mess...no body understood and I was a wallflower - even after the final... it just takes an emotional toll most dont understand....

Your wife was right

R (10).gif

Not a bad fan. Like a lot of us here, you just realize what's broken and needs fixed on our team. Not all good fans are homers and homers don't always make good fans

realize you have no control over what a bunch of 18-22 year-olds do on a football field
But fans need to be louder when it is blatantly obivious when the guy coaching is totally lost. It has only took two seasons for Heupel to get this team nearly back on the right track.

Reactions: vols2345

VN Store

Back