Am i the only one sick of

voluntildeath

The we can't beat nick saban mentality? I get it may not be this year due to depth, but all I see are messages about "when he retires" and "we shouldn't play them each year". We need stability and a couple of good classes and we can more than compete/beat them. I want him to not retire just so we can beat him. Can we not spread this idea instead of the opposite?
Surprise the world tonight !! GBO ! its the 3rd Saturday!!!!

I'm just sick of Saban in general.

He's a heckuva coach, one of the best of all time. But he's always got the lion's share of the best players to work with. So I think of him as a recruiter first -- the best all-time recruiter, hands down.

Last edited:
It's not as if the rest of the SEC beats up on Bama and it's just us that can't win.

It's also not as if there is anything we as fans can do to change it. Their program is as good as it has ever been. Ours is as bad as it has ever been. Not a great recipe for success.

I'm just sick of Saban in general.

He's a heckuva coach, one of the best of all time. But he's always got the lion's share of the best players to work with. So I think of him as a recruiter first -- the best all-time recruiter, hands down.
Recruiting is a huge part of coaching. There's a handful of schools right there with them on talent but few can beat him. That's coaching. Easy to hate him but also have to tip your hat

The we can't beat nick saban mentality? I get it may not be this year due to depth, but all I see are messages about "when he retires" and "we shouldn't play them each year". We need stability and a couple of good classes and we can more than compete/beat them. I want him to not retire just so we can beat him. Can we not spread this idea instead of the opposite?

I agree. The game is played on the field not on the message boards or in the media. The team that plays the best (not necessarily the best team) is the team that wins. If UT plays their absolute best they could keep it close. That’s not my expectation because of all the outside BS but that IS reality. The question is are these kids mature enough to realize that?

As for Saban, he has a lot of deserved clout with the media. That’s all they’ll talk about today along with UT’s struggles. I just laugh it off. I know what to expect with today’s game. I’ll be thrilled to see anything that deviates from the last 15 or so years...

He’s the best coach in the history of college football. He has earned the right for fans to believer their best shot of beating Bama is him retiring. Dabo is the only one that can really go toe to toe with that dynasty right now.
I think its BS. Obviously Saban is one of if not the best, but just the mentality of "we can't beat them until he retires" is sickening.

I know, almost doesn't count, but Butch almost beat him FFS. Dabo, Sumlin, Meyer, Freeze, Miles, Stoops, Malzhan, Spurrier, Whittingham etc didn't wait for him to retire.

I agree OP.

Why stop with bama? We don't beat UF anymore. We never seem to beat Muschamp either. Bama and UGA are light years ahead of us right now. It's going to take several very good to excellent classes to even begin to close the gap on programs that regularly bring in top ranked/top 5 classes.

Why stop with bama? We don't beat UF anymore. We never seem to beat Muschamp either. Bama and UGA are light years ahead of us right now. It's going to take several very good to excellent classes to even begin to close the gap on programs that regularly bring in top ranked/top 5 classes.

If the mentality doesn’t change, the “world’s best” coaching staff and the recruiting won’t matter. But the key is, and we’ve all seen this with our own eyes, it’s not gonna happen overnight

Recruiting is a huge part of coaching. There's a handful of schools right there with them on talent but few can beat him. That's coaching. Easy to hate him but also have to tip your hat
No disrespect...but Saban is trash! Liar! Cheater! Tip your hat if you want but I will never. If he’s so great, why didn’t he change the world at Michigan State or Miami in the NFL. Here’s why, he was on an even playing field then. Now the NCAA has a blind eye on Bama. You can see it the way the games are called by the refs. You can tell cause you never hear of any trouble at Alabama. Really? No one is that good!

No disrespect...but Saban is trash! Liar! Cheater! Tip your hat if you want but I will never. If he’s so great, why didn’t he change the world at Michigan State or Miami in the NFL. Here’s why, he was on an even playing field then. Now the NCAA has a blind eye on Bama. You can see it the way the games are called by the refs. You can tell cause you never hear of any trouble at Alabama. Really? No one is that good!
Oh yeah! I Hate Alabama!

Reactions: Vol524

I agree -- it's a HUGE part of coaching. No doubt job one. When I think of actual coaching, though, I tend to compartmentalize, thinking more of somebody who is fantastic at Xs and Os, motivation, strategy, pulling out wins with lesser talent. I don't hate Saban -- try hard not to hate anybody -- just wish he wasn't matched up with Bama. Talk about a perfect storm of total yuck...

Preach it. Total truth!!!

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
He’s the best coach in the history of college football. He has earned the right for fans to believer their best shot of beating Bama is him retiring. Dabo is the only one that can really go toe to toe with that dynasty right now.

Man you can GTFO here with that BS!!!

I think its BS. Obviously Saban is one of if not the best, but just the mentality of "we can't beat them until he retires" is sickening.

I know, almost doesn't count, but Butch almost beat him FFS. Dabo, Sumlin, Meyer, Freeze, Miles, Stoops, Malzhan, Spurrier, Whittingham etc didn't wait for him to retire.

I agree OP.

I agree with OP and this^

Good thing all those coaches didn’t have the “we’re beat before we play them attitude”.

Reactions: igotworms and Behr
Lol. Emotion based rants never work. Bama is the most penalized in the sec right now. Whose the least? Tenn. Excuses are just a scapegoat. What's your excuse for Dabo

Reactions: NCFisher and 08Vol
No big Spurrier fan but he called out this very thing. Said he'd have to see him do it somewhere besides Bama.. Saban landed at a place hungry to get back to the top. He's had a lot of help to get that thing where it is. Yes that program is a dirty as it gets, with help from the entire state just about.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back