Always the same with LSU fans

VolFanatic27

Bleedin’ orange since the day I’s born
In the last couple weeks I’ve spent some time on Tiger Droppings (incredibly uninspired name for a forum) and I’ve noticed a common trend. They constantly bring up two things:
Our baseball team and Tony V in particular
Our lack of relevance over the last 20 years (specifically 20 years, every time) compared to theirs.
What did tony do to get their panties in such a bunch? What is their obsession with “the last 20 years” of our respective football teams? The whole thing is strange, I’ve never seen two topics brought up so many times by an opposing team who’s not even a rival of ours. Anyone have any thought or insights?

Still pissed about Rick Clausen: The Battle for New Orleans: That Other Man done Gone? Good questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFanatic27
In the last couple weeks I’ve spent some time on Tiger Droppings (incredibly uninspired name for a forum) and I’ve noticed a common trend. They constantly bring up two things:
Our lack of relevance over the last 20 years (specifically 20 years, every time) compared to theirs.
What did tony do to get their panties in such a bunch? What is their obsession with “the last 20 years” of our respective football teams? The whole thing is strange, I’ve never seen two topics brought up so many times by an opposing team who’s not even a rival of ours. Anyone have any thought or insights?
They thought TV would be their next coach, then he wasn't. Also, I think we swept them this year.

They can’t stand that there’s a new flashy elite baseball program on the block. Tony is the man behind it so of course they hate him. It’s the same for our football program. They and other opposing fanbases are used to us being the SEC punching bag for so long, but they see the turnaround and can’t stomach it. Add to the fact that people just generally hate TN more than they do other programs. I’ll probably never really understand why, after all I’m a Vol fan, but it’s just what it is. Arkansas fans are rather obsessed with TN too if you haven’t noticed lol.

They thought TV would be their next coach, then he wasn't. Also, I think we swept them this year.
So they tried and failed to steal TV and then we swept them, that would definitely explain the bug up their @ss about our baseball team. Although actually I can’t imagine caring so much about baseball I’d repeatedly bring that up.

So they tried and failed to steal TV and then we swept them, that would definitely explain the bug up their @ss about our baseball team. Although actually I can’t imagine caring so much about baseball I’d repeatedly bring that up.
We swept them twice in a row 🤭 Once in the regular season, and again in the super regionals.

They were terrible at football before Saban, and he took the LSU job in 2000, so their history is only 22 yrs old. They wanted to hire Vitello in 2021 when their coach retired, and he had no interest in leaving the vols.
They weren’t terrible before Saban they had highs and lows like any other program. They were pretty bad in the 90’s though except for a couple of 9 and 10 win seasons with Dinardo. Mike Archer won a SEC title in 1988 and Bill Arnsburger won another one in 1986. But yea def once Saban arrived in 2000 that’s been their glory and most prominent years of success winning 5 SEC titles and three national titles including stealing two SEC titles from us in 2001 and 2007. We owe them for that this Saturday

They can’t stand that there’s a new flashy elite baseball program on the block. Tony is the man behind it so of course they hate him. It’s the same for our football program. They and other opposing fanbases are used to us being the SEC punching bag for so long, but they see the turnaround and can’t stomach it. Add to the fact that people just generally hate TN more than they do other programs. I’ll probably never really understand why, after all I’m a Vol fan, but it’s just what it is. Arkansas fans are rather obsessed with TN too if you haven’t noticed lol.
I do get why our baseball team ruffled some feathers, they ain’t the most humble (and I love it). I just find it odd they have thoughts and opinions about us that are so consistent across their board, when I don’t think about them at all unless we’re facing them.

I do get why our baseball team ruffled some feathers, they ain’t the most humble (and I love it). I just find it odd they have thoughts and opinions about us that are so consistent across their board, when I don’t think about them at all unless we’re facing them.
I understand. I don’t get it either. Other fans hate us with a passion. I don’t know why really. They just do.

would they consider a trade? 2001 NC for Jimmy Hymens??! Ill give a $100 Pilot GC for corndogs to incentivize.

I can opine on one of these. Historically LSU has had superior facilities and coaches/ teams to most of the other schools in the SEC in baseball. They had great attendance, and it was something that they took a lot of pride in - probably more so than their basketball program. They used to sweep us whenever we had the misfortune to play them. Now not so much. Tony has stolen their soul a little in baseball and they recognize there is a new sheriff, and he resides in Knoxvegas. If they are that butt hurt all the better. Watching our baseball team is a beautiful thing and Coach TV does a great job. He is a rockstar - we are blessed to have him.

Football was played prior to 1980. May want to research a bit more. Had some great teams in the 50’s and 60’s including a national championship in 1958. They had some terrible years mixed in with some good/great years in the 80’s.They have a fairly rich history overall.

I'm just resigned to the fact we're going to be hated win, lose, or draw.

We always get it thrown in our faces "ermahgerd, it's Tennessee and I'm sick of hearing they're back." We haven't been picked to win ANYTHING since Fulmer left, outside of the East in 2016.

I just find it odd how every other fanbase in the conference absolutely hates us. So it makes it easy to not be Team SEC guy, because frick those other schools we're competing with and recruiting against.

Football was played prior to 1980. May want to research a bit more. Had some great teams in the 50’s and 60’s including a national championship in 1958. They had some terrible years mixed in with some good/great years in the 80’s.They have a fairly rich history overall.
I am simply saying that they had 20 ruff years, prior to the 20 years they reference. So I doubt they want to brag much about it. If they only reference the period of 2000- present, then they are a much better program than ut.

I think one of the reasons for the hate is UT fans are relentless. No matter what our team does we still come out and support. Not many other programs would have the support that Tennessee does after a 15 year drought like we’ve had. We also expect championships, and other fanbases think we are delusional despite us having all the resources needed to go get them. It is what it is, and I don’t give a rats ass what anybody else thinks

They are so easy to mess with lol. It don’t take much to get them fired up. On that tigershit website

Reactions: igotworms
The baseball obsession is because they have traditionally been the baseball power in the SEC. Not quite as dominating as UK in basketball or (gag) bammer in football, but way more successful than any other SEC baseball team. Thus they see us as upstarts, and are no doubt jealous. IIRC, they tried to hire Vitello last year, or at any rate there were rumors.

As for the lack of relevance, they just like to beat their chest. 20 years is a stretch, we were relevant right up to the end of the Fulmer regime, if "relevant" means getting to the SECCG (hint: it does!)

I think they are just proud to have stolen two from us. 2001 was definitely grand larceny, and although they were favored in 2007 we easily could have won, it was very close. I was disappointed to not get some payback for 2001.

We owe those *****. I hope we beat them to a purple and puke yellow pulp on Saturday. ;):D

VN Store

Back