Alvin Kamara arrested in Las Vegas for Assault

Well he was hanging around the Gumps at the NC game. Clearly their poor decision making is contagious.

Correct. You can be guilty of assault simply by delivering a credible verbal threat to physically harm someone.

Further, in Nevada, you can be guilty of assault with a deadly weapon even though you did not use the weapon. If you merely had access to it you’re in felony country.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
My sense of Kamara has been that he's been close to a model citizen since he joined the NFL--or, if not a model citizen, at least he's never gotten
into any trouble that I've heard about. So I hate seeing him get into trouble like this. Maybe he's frustrated because, first, Brees and now Payton have retired. I'm sure he felt fortunate to play with Brees for two/three years and to play for Payton, a very highly-regarded offensive coach. And, now, with both gone, the Saints might find winning a lot more difficult. Not long ago Kamara was interested in investing in a Nascar team. I wonder if he followed through on that idea. I hope he reconsidered as that sounds like a very good way to lose your hard-earned NFL money. Don't do it, Alvin!

I found this. Whoops.

Alvin Kamara partners with NASCAR in advisory role | NASCAR

I read this as Zach speaking from “Between Two Ferns”. If you’ve never heard of it, YouTube it. It’s Zach’s best work since The Hangover. It’s basically a series of short interviews with celebrities. He grills them and insults them at the same. It’s hilarious.
I love those!

I'm going to hold judgement until more details come out. There are people in life looking for a payday. Did that happen here? No idea. But I will say, at this point, it doesn't sound good that once dude hit the ground, Kamara and "three friends" started kicking him. Is this an accurate depiction of what happened, again, I don't know. This is the article I read.
Alvin Kamara arrest: Everything we know so far
Interesting to me that only Kamara appears to have been arrested but apparently the video reported seems to show there were multiple "friends" also kicking, etc.

Kamara is apparently being singled out by police instead of others in his group? I'm wondering why multiple people are kicking someone who is down, there's not more arrests?

Interesting to me that only Kamara appears to have been arrested but apparently the video reported seems to show there were multiple "friends" also kicking, etc.

Kamara is apparently being singled out by police instead of others in his group? I'm wondering why multiple people are kicking someone who is down, there's not more arrests?
Yeah, I wondered why no mention of the other three. Maybe they were regular people, the article didn't feel the need to mention much more about them. Maybe Kamara was singled out, I don't know...still, if true, I don't like 4 kicking someone down on the ground.

I’ll be shocked if this goes anywhere, AK has always been a high character guy.

Agreed. I know a family in ATL that knew AK quite well through high school. Couldn’t say enough good things about him and exactly as you said, high character guy. I’m betting there’s more to this than AK just teeing off on someone.

Yeah, I wondered why no mention of the other three. Maybe they were regular people, the article didn't feel the need to mention much more about them. Maybe Kamara was singled out, I don't know...still, if true, I don't like 4 kicking someone down on the ground.
A friend suggests, as the reports suggest, AK was identifiable because he's seen elsewhere on video in those clothes using his ID and CC. The others are anonymous because AK isn't giving them up to the police.

That doesn't mean the police wouldn't arrest them but AK likely isn't going to help them identify his friends.

And yeah, if your object is to keep the guy off the elevator that apparently could've been accomplished when AK shoved him back. You get on the elevator and shove him again if he tries to get on and you're done with him.

Lots of unknowns still but sad if it turns out AK and his friends went ham on a random annoying guy.

I read this as Zach speaking from “Between Two Ferns”. If you’ve never heard of it, YouTube it. It’s Zach’s best work since The Hangover. It’s basically a series of short interviews with celebrities. He grills them and insults them at the same. It’s hilarious.

That is some of the funniest stuff around, and the out takes are even more hilarious.

VN Store

Back