Alternative ways to help Joe Milton take a little off his long ball.

Tape two of his fingers together (less grip) and put helium in our game balls for better hang time!

Actually it is real simple, just throw them on a line at head height. Don't need no stinkin' arc.

The threat of the long ball completed or not opens up a lot of offence. Safeties and corners will have that embedded in their brain.

Its all mental. Don't give him time to over think it and give him intermediate to short throws where he can gain a rythm. He started chucking it and airmailing it against Vandy. And in response we just kept going back to the long ball. Instead make things easy for him and let him know its ok if he underthrows.

Even with alot of the short and intermediate throws looks like they've been propelled from a rocket launcher.

Joe don't have great touch but he has his moments. Will be a fun (& frustrating) QB to watch. Hope he find an edge in his game as he's easily the most talented QB on the roster. Will be an instant draft pick if he has a decent year.

Go Joe!

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Maybe try a few of these things:
Hypnosis: “ you’re getting very sleepy Joe and that football 🏈 you’re holding needs to be GENTLY thrown”
Meditation: Joe chanting “I will softly throw the ball, I will softly throw the ball”
Prayer: “oh please heavenly big orange Father, help me to slowly and deliberately throw the ball to the receiver, not to the fans in the stands”.
Down a pre game bottle of Jack Daniels: “ man, I am feelin so loosey goosey, time to just loft a few touchdowns, nice and easy”.
Wrist weights: “yeah, Coach Heup made this 10 pound wrist weight for me to wear on my throwing arm, he says I’ll only be able to throw the ball 60 yards now instead of 70”.

DeflateGate part II ?

He needs about 250 warm up throws to fatigue his arm just enough to take about ten yards and ten feet off his deep ball.😀

Don't change him just adjust, run the Hail Mary offense, throw it to the endzone every play after downing the kickoff, the receivers won't like It but they won't be getting overthrown anymore.

VN Store

Back