Alontae Taylor got roasted for the BYU play...

The BYU breakdown was on the Defensive staff first and foremost. This probably also includes Pruitt, since he is the overseer.

One play away and seconds away from a victory. Maybe one of few times a team should be in prevent defense and way, way back as to not let anyone get behind them. They could have put 8 players at midfield or beyond and kept everything in front of them. Potentially the worst XOs decision I've see on the Hill and I've seen a many over the last 30 some odd years....

Completely inexcusable.....

Reactions: wmcovol
The other dumb play of this season would have been the center moving the ball there at the end last night - getting the penalty and stopping the running of the clock. We lost twenty to twenty five seconds with that dumb ass move aka "taylor vs byu" but we won vs Indiana.

The other dumb play of this season would have been the center moving the ball there at the end last night - getting the penalty and stopping the running of the clock. We lost twenty to twenty five seconds with that dumb ass move aka "taylor vs byu" but we won vs Indiana.

Lord, please tell me our coaches didn’t call for that. That was the stupidest thing I’ve seen in years. Thank goodness it didn’t beat them.

Center is practicing hoping to be a Patriot. Always get an edge.

I hate the prevent defense letting the QB stand back there and find the open WRs. I don’t know what Pruitt was thinking going to that on Indianas last drive

I hate the prevent defense letting the QB stand back there and find the open WRs. I don’t know what Pruitt was thinking going to that on Indianas last drive
It must have been a good call. They did not get the first down and we won the ball game. I will take it.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
That was a chicken 💩 call by that ref.

I think he is an NFL talent, him and Bryce are both becoming elite defenders as true sophmores, I expect them to continue to improve under this staff, Henry T is another one that just has incredible instincts. Basically Bituli 2.0 where he will rack up 20+ tackles a game in some teams.

I think he is an NFL talent, him and Bryce are both becoming elite defenders as true sophmores, I expect them to continue to improve under this staff, Henry T is another one that just has incredible instincts. Basically Bituli 2.0 where he will rack up 20+ tackles a game in some teams.
Alontae is one of our absolutely best players on this team, he'll be an NFL player and likely be an earlier round pick when he does go.

The BYU breakdown was on the Defensive staff first and foremost. This probably also includes Pruitt, since he is the overseer.

One play away and seconds away from a victory. Maybe one of few times a team should be in prevent defense and way, way back as to not let anyone get behind them. They could have put 8 players at midfield or beyond and kept everything in front of them. Potentially the worst XOs decision I've see on the Hill and I've seen a many over the last 30 some odd years....

Please tell me how you know it was an XO decision?

Every single person with a hint of football knowledge knew to not let a man get behind them. Sometimes players mess up.

We were never going to run a play there. 4th down On our own 40 up by 1 with a minute left? Not to mention JJ getting the snap with 10 seconds left on the play clock the previous play? That wasn’t the best possession and it was nearly disastrous. It makes zero sense to run a play there. The penalty just hastened the inevitable.

You guys never stop amazing me with some of this dumb ish. You really believe we were in the wrong play. Lulz

Lord, please tell me our coaches didn’t call for that. That was the stupidest thing I’ve seen in years. Thank goodness it didn’t beat them.
It looked as if he rushed up to the LOS too fast and grabbed the ball before he stopped and his momentum took him forward. I dont think there was ever a play going to be run, just trying to get IU to jump offsides and get a free 1st down. Terrible execution though.

It looked as if he rushed up to the LOS too fast and grabbed the ball before he stopped and his momentum took him forward. I dont think there was ever a play going to be run, just trying to get IU to jump offsides and get a free 1st down. Terrible execution though.
Every single time we ran the rush to the line straight from the huddle play this season we screwed it up. Time to remove that one from our playbook I feel.

earlier in the season. He made the play of the game tonight with his 4th quarter sack I thought. The 2 big hits on their TE were big as well. Obviously the onside kick will get all the love but I thought Taylor's sack was huge.
This is funny because I actually thought about this today. He essentially lost us the BYU game and won us the game to end it.

VN Store

Back