All Time Vol Offensive Team

CC gets a bad wrap with some, and it's understandable. i for one thought he was tough as nails and did more with less, than could be expected. i know the FL game in the rain is what a lot of people remember, i know i do.

but i will also never forget the big time OT games against BAma and Ark.....what the kid lacked in pure physical ability, he made up for in grit.

What I remember most about Clausen was that he seemed to be a smart, accurate passer when he was given plenty of time, but he had a tendancy not to handle the pressure well and then would bring in what in my opinion was he worst quality, the fact that he was SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. Most every QB in my memory has had at least some mobilty, even Manning, who scored on many a naked bootleg, the same could not be said for Clausen. To me that was his big drawback.

What I remember most about Clausen was that he seemed to be a smart, accurate passer when he was given plenty of time, but he had a tendancy not to handle the pressure well and then would bring in what in my opinion was he worst quality, the fact that he was SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. Most every QB in my memory has had at least some mobilty, even Manning, who scored on many a naked bootleg, the same could not be said for Clausen. To me that was his big drawback.
no disagreement from me on the slowness issue.

it's a good thing though they didn't bring him here to be a running qb isn't it?:thumbsup:

Clausen wasnt the best, but you have to remember he's the only QB to win @ FLA and he did it back to back.

Clausen only had 1 reg season road loss, and that was to Auburn in the final seconds.

Starter Back-up
QB Manning Robinson
TB Webb Lewis
FB Howard Watson
WR McGee Morgan
WR Seivers Pickens
TE R Harper West
T Wilkerson McRae
T Clifton Davis
G Galbreath Bruihn
G Coleman Douglas
C Shaw Smith
KR Gault Hancock
Util Cobb McClain
PK F Reviez Becksvoort

Im sorry guys, but Casey Clausen would be my backup QB. The guy won with hardly any talent at WR and is the only QB in a while with wins at Gainesville.

My utility player would be JJ Mckleski (sp). Someone with more time can get my spelling correct on his name. I am on my Q and dont feel like looking it up :)

Im sorry guys, but Casey Clausen would be my backup QB. The guy won with hardly any talent at WR and is the only QB in a while with wins at Gainesville.
i say this knowing he didn't have it the entire time he was at TN, but he did play with Jason Witten, Kelly Washington, and Dante Stallworth, all three still on NFL rosters.

if you say he didn't have consistent talent at WR, i'd agree with you.

Starter Back-up
QB Manning Robinson
TB Webb Lewis
FB Howard Watson
WR McGee Morgan
WR Seivers Pickens
TE R Harper West
T Wilkerson McRae
T Clifton Davis
G Galbreath Bruihn
G Coleman Douglas
C Shaw Smith
KR Gault Hancock
Util Cobb McClain
PK F Reviez Becksvoort

Last 20 years. Guys in bold (and some others perhaps) were gone before 1987. And I'd have to put Jeff Hall over Becksvoort or any other kicker during that time.

Im sorry guys, but Casey Clausen would be my backup QB. The guy won with hardly any talent at WR after the 2001 season and is the only QB in a while with wins at Gainesville.

fyp

Stallworth and Washington = talent at WR

(and not counting KW in 2002 - he was hurt too much)

The thing about it is is that our last bowl games we won, were by a Clausen. So cut Casey some slack. Remember he also had Randy Sanders coaching him. And Rick turned out to be better than thought. Never really got a chance.

No talent at WR????????????Stallworth, Washington, Parker

Last 20 years. Guys in bold (and some others perhaps) were gone before 1987. And I'd have to put Jeff Hall over Becksvoort or any other kicker during that time.

I didn't see the 20 years thing...so this is for the younsters on the board with no reference to some of the greatest players in the history of the Big Orange

don't hate on Shuler...didn't make it in the NFL, but was a Heisman finalist and rightly so....is actually my favorite UT QB of all time.....nothing against Peyton, but I liked Shuler's heart and determination

VN Store

Back