All-time best Vols

Not sure anymore how "best" is measured, but the most talented ever was Charlie Garner

Whew. That boy had some serious shake, bake, and then just hit ya. Definitely up there. JUCO.

The hardest all out running player ever. Well, I've got to at least share if not defer that title to John Kelly. That guy despised going down.

Had a fun debate with some guys at work a while back....

Name a better Offense/Defense combo in NFL history to come from the same school.

Peyton/Reggie.

Brady/Woodson?
Grange/Butkus?
OJ/Lott?

Reactions: MAD
Hubert Simpson ahead of Johnnie Jones? No Travis Henry? Ok, to each his own.

Hubert got booted from the team early, but from a sheer talent standpoint he was a beast and more than deserving of top six ! Kinda hard to leave Johnnie Jones out just like it's hard to leave out Stanley Morgan, Tony Thompson, Travis Stephens, Travis Henry or James Stewart, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. A lot of good backs have rolled thru here and a lot could be interchangeable to the list or not, pretty much splitting hairs.

Beattie Feathers was the greatest athlete ever to lace them up for the Vols. Would have been great in any era he was born in.
I agree. He would show a hip and take it away leaving the defensive player tackling nothing but air.
Holds an NFL record for YPC that will never be broken.

Reactions: tbones0711
Chuck Webb is unquestionably my top choice. After him there are several deserving backs that could find themselves in a top 5 argument, but for me, Webb was the absolute total package. He had it all....vision, balance, lateral quickness, burst, speed and power.
I agree.. other than Lewis, Webb had it all!! Damn knee injuries!

Reactions: Pacer92
Sure, but you could find example from plenty of other QBs who had better games.. a game from a year you have fond memories of doesn't make Tony a better QB than a guy who has exponentially more yards, touchdowns, rushing yards, rushing touchdowns, or any other measurement of how good a QB is.

Wasn't he also using and selling cocaine as well? lol
Just trust some of us older vol fans!!! Robinson had it all!!!! The cocaine jab was not necessary, only used to try and prove a point that you are incorrect about..

Johnny Majors, Reggie White, and Al Wilson (all positions)

Dobbs, Clausen, and the artful dodger at QB.

Reactions: MAD
Agree. Love Dobbs, but there’s no comparison between him and TRob, not even close.

You're right, there is no comparison. One is statistically among the best QB's in Tennessee history and the other was the starter for some teams you have fond memories of lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tony Robinson never even won a bowl game.

VN Store

Back