All this seems pre-planned

What better way to keep it quite than to have your AD lined up and have him contacting potential coaches before he is announced. At the very least you see if White is interested and he starts making calls to see who he can get and makes his decision to come based off of who he can get. Anything’s possible. I just have a hard time believing our people are that smart.

Considering that the investigation started in November, I'd hope that once they realized how bad things actually were, that they started makes plans for Fulmer's and Pruitt's replacements as soon as it became apparent that they would need to be relieved of their positions.
Yup might be the real reason we skipped the bowl game

They have known about the “allegations” for a while.

They knew what they were......and knew if they were true or not.

Therefore they knew what would “probably” go down after the internal investigation.

They have certainly had things in the works for a while now.

There have been folks....and even some on here hinting they probably had a plan.

Now let’s see who the coach will be, and how quickly that happens.

If that too happens fairly quickly....and it’s a good hire.......you know they been working on this.

Reactions: Remy
I agree. By passed the boosters, limited the committee to 3 and kept their mouths shut until they had their AD guy. No way Donde Plowman reads the investigation summary on Friday, fires 9.....uh 10 on Monday and has the new AD on Thursday after 2 Zoom meetings and a flight to Florida. No way. Danny White was vetted and ready to sign before Monday. Hope the head coach is about to sign on the dotted line as well.

I totally agree this was a done deal before anything happened. There are rumors that no one else was even contacted nor interviewed. There were 3 persons, all with previous UT and Tennessee connections that were not even contacted nor interviewed. Why waste the money on the search firm when the deal was already done? Blame Chancellor Plowman for all the wasted money in paying Fulmer over $37,000 per month through 2023. White will not be at UT long as he will get top consideration to become the next SEC Commissioner.

I totally agree this was a done deal before anything happened. There are rumors that no one else was even contacted nor interviewed. There were 3 persons, all with previous UT and Tennessee connections that were not even contacted nor interviewed. Why waste the money on the search firm when the deal was already done? Blame Chancellor Plowman for all the wasted money in paying Fulmer over $37,000 per month through 2023. White will not be at UT long as he will get top consideration to become the next SEC Commissioner.

The SEC won't be promoting any ADs to commissioner. It's a never ending string of lawyers from here on out.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
White will not be at UT long as he will get top consideration to become the next SEC Commissioner.

I don't see it. He just spent what, 6 years at UCF? And if he makes a great football hire here and moves on to be our buddy as SEC commish, I'm good with that...

Reactions: UTwild82
Monday everything goes down with Pruitt, etc... and 3 days later UT gets a top 5 AD?
My guess is this has been in the works for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if White already has his coach. Anyone feel the same way?
Wouldn’t surprise me

Monday everything goes down with Pruitt, etc... and 3 days later UT gets a top 5 AD?
My guess is this has been in the works for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if White already has his coach. Anyone feel the same way?
Yep paying $120,000 for a firm to start the search for a AD seems to make a lot of sense to me when they already had one . Love it when our Vol Fans can figure it out so quickly

I’ve been thinking the same and feel the remaining coaches along with Steele are staying for the new coach. Kiffin makes the most sense in this case.

Reactions: Vol_guy and Honky

With NSD right around the corner, he better have a home run hire in his back pocket.

Reactions: igotworms
I agree. No way this guy makes such a huge career decision in 3 days. I would say this has been in the works for a week or more. I don’t remember what day Steele was hired, but I am in agreement with another poster that suggested Fulmer planned on surviving this and replacing Pruitt with him. The brass apparently had other plans though. I doubt that any official contact has been made but probably some back channel stuff. But I’d say official talk did begin today.

Idk, apparently we offered F-you money.

Yea...this is making me think the administration may actually be competent...I figured they were starting from scratch and we would have Steele as interim coach in 2021...but hitting a great young AD this fast must mean they actually do have a plan...unlike when we fired Butch...

Reactions: N.ohio vol
They have known about the “allegations” for a while.

They knew what they were......and knew if they were true or not.

Therefore they knew what would “probably” go down after the internal investigation.

They have certainly had things in the works for a while now.

There have been folks....and even some on here hinting they probably had a plan.

Now let’s see who the coach will be, and how quickly that happens.

If that too happens fairly quickly....and it’s a good hire.......you know they been working on this.
I could be totally wrong but I think a new coach will be hired no later than 2 weeks from now. I do think this new AD will vet quite a few candidates, as he knows he HAS to get this hire right. This is the hire that's going to define his legacy here. No pressure or anything! LOL!

I agree. By passed the boosters, limited the committee to 3 and kept their mouths shut until they had their AD guy. No way Donde Plowman reads the investigation summary on Friday, fires 9.....uh 10 on Monday and has the new AD on Thursday after 2 Zoom meetings and a flight to Florida. No way. Danny White was vetted and ready to sign before Monday. Hope the head coach is about to sign on the dotted line as well.
Hope he is a Lady Vol fan!!!!

It absolutely had to be planned. I don’t know which one of the media guys it was that spoke up during the press conference but he basically called out the fact that the date they hired the AD search firm and the date Fulmer notified them of his retirement didn’t add up.

I don’t think it was Fulmer’s decision, I honestly feel he was forced into retirement given that he is getting a buyout out of all of this.

Very possible They indicated at the presser that the days events had been held off to allow the investigations to be completed. They may have had enough before the loose ends were cleaned up.to know the HC firing was unavoidable and the brass could have triggered the search company to start the HC work at that time. That may have been what triggered CPF to consider getting out for the reasons he described, the three kicked it around and started the AD search as well. CPF bringing it up could still be the sequence, just earlier than would have been indicated by the comments at the presser. I am once again speculating he may have begun the conversation with WOULD YOU PREFER, not I quit. They said they would and the rest is as we have seen it unfold payments and all. No basis to fire him and still want him around for a friendly transition and some good will down the road.

Reactions: PastorVolFan

It is possible all of this was being done, during that crazy period we all thought NOTHING was happening. Even the search firm had already been contracted.

Doesn’t seem far-fetched that they would share info at the presser, without sharing of true timelines.

That’s the way nothing is leaked. Very few know what’s going on, because everyone else is focused on the distraction. (Like the rumored hiring of Garner and Simon, while they’re actually scheduling the AD press release)

If any of this is true, we now have some legitimate players in charge on the Hill...and that makes me happy!

I don't see it. He just spent what, 6 years at UCF? And if he makes a great football hire here and moves on to be our buddy as SEC commish, I'm good with that...
Disagree. If he is a great AD, he stays. Keep the pens filled and checkbook handy to keep him forever.

I have no doubt you are correct. AD’s like DW don’t just fall out of the sky a few days after your head FB coach + others are fired for cause and you AD “retires”. Business (and we all know college athletics is BIG business) simply doesn’t work that easily.

VN Store

Back