All things STOCKS

Kinda funny, makes youlose weight which helps with the sleep apnea. So now they sell it as a sleep apnea drug.

Good point. I’m sure the FDA will ask Lilly to also analyze adjusting out the weight loss. If all the drug effect is gone after adjusting for weight loss, I’m not sure they’ll be able to market it as a sleep apnea drug.

Reactions: tbh and Go aeiou
...and introduce it into our precious bodily fluids, you say?

View attachment 635392
Yes. It also doubles the size of your wiener. Another side effect.

Not one for day trading; but should make 25-30% this year. NVO is in the same family and probably has even more upside.. Both are going to do well because the world is full of McDonald’s.

Reactions: Go aeiou and tbh
BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE

BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE BITCOIN HALVING IS COMPLETE

Bitcoin isn’t a stock.

Reactions: Vol737
BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK. BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK. BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK. BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK. BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK. BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK. BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.BITCOIN IS NOT A STOCK.

Is it even a real asset?

I won’t argue that it isn’t. But Bitcoin/CC valuation is open to debate (in the crypto thread) and it is very disruptive to the established big government sponsored currencies. The financial institutions will exploit its existence (MSTR seems to trade as a leveraged avenue). Governments are working on how to prevent losing revenues if crypto currencies become mainstream for consumer spending.

It’s a speculative asset. If it becomes transactionally routine the case can be made that it’s an investable asset. A Ponzi ending is far from not being a possible ultimate outcome.

Are you comfortable doing so at this price?
I sold most of mine at $895. Bought 40% of the shares back at $780 Friday.
I've always said it is a stock I'll never sell. Just felt like it took off too much , dumb luck.
Things could continue south, and I'll be sorry, but will buy more if it does.

Semis are transitioning right now. The Inflation Reduction Act has incentivized investment in US based production facilities. INTC has a solid LT plan taking advantage of that, but of course they’ve stumbled a bit in the ST.

NVDA and, I think, AMD are selling everything tgat they can produce and they have multi-year backlogs.

AAPL is exploring more production options in other parts of Asia while becoming less reliant on China. But they would sure like to sell to Chinese consumers.

ASML is my favorite semi company. I do like to buy in round lots of 100 shares. But that’s a big bite at $850/share.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Semis are transitioning right now. The Inflation Reduction Act has incentivized investment in US based production facilities. INTC has a solid LT plan taking advantage of that, but of course they’ve stumbled a bit in the ST.

NVDA and, I think, AMD are selling everything tgat they can produce and they have multi-year backlogs.

AAPL is exploring more production options in other parts of Asia while becoming less reliant on China. But they would sure like to sell to Chinese consumers.

ASML is my favorite semi company. I do like to buy in round lots of 100 shares. But that’s a big bite at $850/share.
Yes. If you don't get greedy about it....ASML has quite a moat.

Like AAPL, more and more companies are trying to make their own chips. I really liked that sector 3-4 years ago when demand was far exceeding supply.

Read somewhere recently that Elon said he was no longer having any issues getting chips. And, if I recall correctly, they were replacing some of the NVDA hardware in Telsa with in-house material. Of course, Elon tends to fib about many topics.

Unless any of these semi companies have changed strategies in the last year, their types of business are:

Pure Play Foundries
- Global Foundries (spun out of Intel)
- Taiwan Semi (they own over 50% of the market)
- UMC (a Chinese company)

Fabless semi companies
- NVDA
- Qualcom
- AMD

Integrated Device Manufacturers (IDMs)
- Intel
- Texas Instruments
- Samsung
- about 20+ others by many definitions including IBM, ADI, Broadcom, Micron, ON, Sony, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, etc.

The fabless companies keep CapEx lower, but could be vulnerable by depending on other companies to produce their products.

The pure plays are more commodity oriented and might not have as much of a barrier to entry for competitors. But the “pure plays” are mostly just TSMC. IMO, China threatening to invade is their biggest concern.

I like how the equipment manufacturers are positioned as the CapEx for new production facilities is still ramping up. I’d guess that they trade up whenever China gets hostile. I’ve liked Applied Materials for a long time, but their competitors have probably done better over the last couple of decades. ASML is a special case. Pretty much a monopoly with their high end equipment.

VN Store

Back