All things STOCKS

Futures down 2% at this moment (8:50am EST). Time to lower my cost base on some core holdings if the beatings continue (until morale improves, of course).

So you will be buying?

I've got some targets in mind on a few of my core holdings, so it is a distinct possibility. In particular, SCHD and CVS are on my watch list for today. Of course, by merely typing that last sentence they'll probably hold strong.

Fox or Fox Business busted Cramer big time. It might have been Tucker Carlson’s show on 3/10. Cramer was promoting Silicon Valley Bank to his sheep a month ago. It failed on Friday. It is estimated that 85% of their deposits weren’t FDIC insured. The second largest U.S. bank failure EVER.
Cramer having a bad year….apologized and cried about being wrong on Meta and now SVB.

Sold some 3/17 BX $87 PUTS.

BX: $85.45 (down 6.6%)

This trade has been a wild ride. It was WAY ITM for about a week. I thought about buying to close the contracts at 75% off my short basis but decided to hang on.

I don’t mind owning more shares of BX if it moves against me in the last couple of sessions. Basically I now have the equivalent of a limit order to buy some shares. Blackstone has really smart management. They aren’t too big to where they struggle to find opportunities. They are big risk takers though.

Some CDs now outperforming T-bills

View attachment 541336
What website are you looking at? I'm looking at brokered CDs at Vanguard.

Aren't they almost alway outperforming Treasuries?
I was surprised to see that 5.4% was still available after the SVB news Monday.
Yeild is .1% less today.

The following order executed on 03/15/2023 at 1:40 PM, Eastern time:
Account ending in:
Transaction type: Buy
Security: CHARLES SCHWAB BANK CD FDIC #57450 5.4% 09/23/24 03/17/23
Product type: Certificates Of Deposit
Face value: $20,000.00
Price:* $100.00

Last edited:

VN Store

Back