All things STOCKS

That's the next step for sure. A little back story. My dad currently is sole owner of the property. He and his brother just split up their jointly owned commercial real estate. Dad got those apartments. Dad's health is declining rapidly. He has a progressive lung disease. The Dr has given him 6-12 months. He doesn't want to burden us kids with the upkeep and crap that goes on with those apartments (I deal with most of it now anyway because he simply cant). He wants to sell those apartments and do the self storage asap. I'm trying to get them ready by evicting a dead beat that hasn't paid rent in over 2 years and doing some cosmetic stuff to the exterior, painting, windows and such. We definitely need to contact an expert be that a lawyer or cpa.
Just wondering why you wouldn’t hold off for 6-12 months then sell the property while it was in the estate. Wouldn’t that remove any tax on capital gains for the heirs? Why would Dad want to spend any of his last days dealing with construction of income property?

Just wondering why you wouldn’t hold off for 6-12 months then sell the property while it was in the estate. Wouldn’t that remove any tax on capital gains for the heirs? Why would Dad want to spend any of his last days dealing with construction of income property?
That's on the table too but just not sure of the tax implications after we inherit the property.

As tonthe second part, you'd have to know my dad. He's very sharp mentally and he also wants to remove the burden of us kids having to care for a place that's not the best. The property isn't terrible but the renters that you attract are not the best. Also, it gives him something to be involved in. It gets his mind off if his condition. He's a prisoner to his TV and recliner. If he can help plan this it will give him a diversion.

Jefferies created a sale on RKT today. Briefly hit below $18. It’s $18.18 right now. I’m going to wait to buy and see if I can get it lower. But my watch list is full of equities that I waited on that are now 20% higher or more. ISRG is the one that I’m most regretting.

Reactions: GoDucks349
Jefferies created a sale on RKT today. Briefly hit below $18. It’s $18.18 right now. I’m going to wait to buy and see if I can get it lower. But my watch list is full of equities that I waited on that are now 20% higher or more. ISRG is the one that I’m most regretting.

I bought isrg around 636. I'm scheduled for surgery for the 2nd time next month with their equipment. I had an appointment with the surgeon last week. He thinks they are the best in their field.

I bought isrg around 636. I'm scheduled for surgery for the 2nd time next month with their equipment. I had an appointment with the surgeon last week. He thinks they are the best in their field.

I set a buy limit order about 5-10% below ISRG’s price when it was around $700. That never hit and it instead jumped up nearly 40%. They nearly own the space.

I keep buying the OSW dips. I'm in pretty heavy on this one, but I still like it for a good 20-30% from these levels.

I have been watching that and a couple airlines but what I am seeing on those airlines is no dip. Wondering if it’s ready to reverse.

Reactions: Go aeiou
I have been watching that and a couple airlines but what I am seeing on those airlines is no dip. Wondering if it’s ready to reverse.

Delta starts the ER season for the airlines next week I think. Should start seeing some strong momentum up, imo.

Wonder if Warren Buffett is still bearish on the airlines?

For the most part, airline stocks are still trading below pre-covid levels, despite checkpoint travel numbers being near pre-covid levels. I understand the delta variant and concerns about future outbreaks, but Americans are clearly ready to get back to normal. Vaccines have reduced the death rate for COVID to flu like levels in the US in 2021.

For the most part, airline stocks are still trading below pre-covid levels, despite checkpoint travel numbers being near pre-covid levels. I understand the delta variant and concerns about future outbreaks, but Americans are clearly ready to get back to normal. Vaccines have reduced the death rate for COVID to flu like levels in the US in 2021.

Most of the airlines have also diluted the heck out of their equity since the pandemic so not exactly an apples to oranges comparison....

Thinking about catching the knife on $GENI. Currently bouncing off it's trend line it's been developing since Nov. Very bullish if it finishes above $17.11 today.

Grabbed a lot more shares of RKT last week at $18.07 and $17. I might get goofy and buy more if it falls again this week. Hopefully it can get over $20 soon and I will start selling call options. I’ve never attempted that so any tips from experienced options traders will be appreciated.

I also opened a position in DraftKings. No current plans to add to it and I really don’t want to hold for the long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

VN Store

Back