All things STOCKS

I disagree. No one should ask for advice about spending money on a lifestyle, ever. That’s ridiculous. Those of you arguing about taxes didn’t even understand the question. The question was should I cash out 401k money and spend it on my lifestyle.
To which the answer is pretty much always no..

As far as paying taxes now or at a lower rate in 30 years, let’s say you pay $20k in taxes now. If you can get close to 10% annual return on that money it could have instead doubled 4x in 30 years. $320,000.

I just know I'd rather be holding onto 1.600,000 (10% annual return on $100K for 30 years) and worrying about the taxes then....

I just know I'd rather be holding onto 1.600,000 (10% annual return on $100K for 30 years) and worrying about the taxes then....

And under the current tax code (stepped up basis) the $1.5 million gain would NEVER be taxed if it was distributed after passing away. If the owner wanted to tap into some cash before death then then the $1.6 million could be borrowed against.

If anyone is watching SNOW this is insane.
My guess is it's being driven by a bunch of RH's who are artificially driving up the value. Trading is so much different (and in some ways more risky) today than in the past because of instant access and free trades.

My guess is it's being driven by a bunch of RH's who are artificially driving up the value. Trading is so much different (and in some ways more risky) today than in the past because of instant access and free trades.
Robinhooders buy penny stocks, not $200 per share stocks lol

Dont complain about RHers, just take advantage of their emotional trading.

For example, they love LCA. The stock rises and dips at least 3x a day. Once it dips, the call options get funny. For example, let's say the stock goes from 18.00 to 17.10, you can go buy $15 calls for 1.85-1.95. Once the stock starts to reverse to like $17.40, those same call options will then trade for $2.80

Robinhooders buy penny stocks, not $200 per share stocks lol
Not all RH's are small $ investors (you would certainly be an example), and as I'm sure you're aware, RH's are able to buy fractional shares. And with over 10 million users those shares add up. As of last month RH is no longer sharing it's stock popularity data, but here's the top 10 from the prior month. Yes... RH's are also looking for homeruns with penny stocks, but don't kid yourself that they're also not buying top name stocks.
  1. Tesla (TSLA)
  2. Amazon.com (AMZN)
  3. Apple (AAPL)
  4. Moderna (MRNA)
  5. Pfizer (PFE)
  6. Eastman Kodak Co. (KODK)
  7. Nio (NIO)
  8. Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)
  9. Netflix (NFLX)
  10. Spartan Energy Acquisition Corp. (SPAQ)

Dont complain about RHers, just take advantage of their emotional trading.

For example, they love LCA. The stock rises and dips at least 3x a day. Once it dips, the call options get funny. For example, let's say the stock goes from 18.00 to 17.10, you can go buy $15 calls for 1.85-1.95. Once the stock starts to reverse to like $17.40, those same call options will then trade for $2.80
I enjoy your posts along with @VolAllen's, but not sure where you saw a complaint from what I posted... was simply responding to a question.

I enjoy your posts along with @VolAllen's, but not sure where you saw a complaint from what I posted... was simply responding to a question.

Fair point, you weren't really complaining about RHers. Usually, there's good money not following the herd. It's like dating a crazy girl. It's all good until she snaps...

Wife and kids are outta town...anyone wanna hit Cherokee this weekend? 😂

I’m serious, I’m actually going.

I bought a new RR Sport a few weeks ago and have been itching for a nice drive. Roulette and mountains, sounds glorious ha
Geez that sounds nice. If im ever there im pretty much always at the blackjack table, although one of my friends has been trying to get me to play craps. And yeah one of my favorite reasons to go is the drive over especially taking the 421 from Gatlinburg.

I disagree. No one should ask for advice about spending money on a lifestyle, ever. That’s ridiculous. Those of you arguing about taxes didn’t even understand the question. The question was should I cash out 401k money and spend it on my lifestyle.
This country’s financial literacy is abysmal. People shouldn’t be afraid to ask money questions as it relates to “lifestyle choices”.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Uh, no. Billionaires get the first shot.

Uh, no. Billionaires get the first shot.

I believe the big money bought at the offering price. Berkshire bought at least $570 million and Salesforce.com bought $250 million at the offering price ($120). I do think they are restricted from selling any of that for around 90-120 days after the IPO (this varies on different IPOs)

That's the biggest money I'm aware of that's in SNOW.

From an article today...

On Wednesday, Bloomberg’s John Authers took a look at the report, as well as the ongoing trade stand-off between China and the US.

“One of the most interesting conclusions to draw from the survey is that Robinhooders and other retail investors may indeed have a lot to do with the extraordinary ascendancy of the Fangs. The big institutions are terrified that there is already a crowded trade; the new breed of retail traders are happily crowding in tech stocks, and probably not even wearing masks,” he writes.

Robinhooders refers to the growing band of amateur traders who, using the zero-commission investment app Robinhood, have been hoovering up all kinds of stocks in recent months. And they just love tech shares.

That enthusiasm for tech stocks Authers refers to explains the first-day gallop in one of this year’s hottest IPOs — data storage company Snowflake, which made its market debut on Wednesday.
International travel, low interest rates, and snowflakes — welcome to a happier world of level 1

VN Store

Back