All things STOCKS

Well, back sometime in June or late May I saw @VolAllen post about ZN. I bought based on that and thought man what a stinker. Expected to lose almost everything with pending delisting. Then yesterday’s news and bam - instant equity overnight. In a stroke of luck, I had set a sell limit long ago at .36 just trying to recover something. If the run would have picked up too much steam yesterday before close, it would have triggered. Was able to sell premarket this morning for .75. I’m definitely trying to be through with penny stocks on my limited experience. Just need to keep momo up to get out of XSPA and IDEX. Getting close to break even on those. NKLA has cleaned my clock.
I took my profits early from .31 to .38 and split. Happy to know that you made some money! I’ve had a rough month mostly due to “investing” rather than trading. Holding some of the bigger names like SAVE, CCL, and PLAY has definitely hurt the account. I assumed things would start to move in a more positive direction, but that doesn’t seem to be true yet. I’ll keep holding. I won’t get rich today, but a year from now I’d expect all of the aforementioned to be doubled from where they currently sit.

Check out CBAT. Chinese EV battery manufacturer. Tends to hover between .78-.82 with the occasional breakout to 1.30+. It did that twice this month when EV plays got hot. I have a buy put in for .80. It dipped big time on Friday back down to .86 I believe.

Some COVID recovery names that I'm looking at. Still well off of their 52WHs.

XOM
CVX
ADP
PAYX

Also
XRAY
HSIC

Dentsply is well off of it's 52WH but has an expensive multiple. Schein is not down a lot, but the P/E isn't rich.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak and VolAllen
Some COVID recovery names that I'm looking at. Still well off of their 52WHs.

XOM
CVX
ADP
PAYX

Also
XRAY
HSIC

Dentsply is well off of it's 52WH but has an expensive multiple. Schein is not down a lot, but the P/E isn't rich.

It appears that xom will cut their dividend.

Almost everything still looks expensive to me.

Reactions: VolAllen
It appears that xom will cut their dividend.

Almost everything still looks expensive to me.

It doesn't appear that XOM will take a dividend cut until 2021 if possible. They will need to eventually cut the 8% dividend, take on more debt, or see oil prices get well above $40ish a barrel. So I'm looking at potential places to invest after COVID.

I added NHC and GNRC to my Watchlist. I didn't realize that NHC is just a billion dollar company (about 1x revenue). But I don't know much about REITs. Their business is possibly off due to COVID. No visitors allowed which makes it heart breaking to put loved ones in a facility.

I added NHC and GNRC to my Watchlist. I didn't realize that NHC is just a billion dollar company (about 1x revenue). But I don't know much about REITs. Their business is possibly off due to COVID. No visitors allowed which makes it heart breaking to put loved ones in a facility.
Especially when you see the deaths. They already have facilities that are end of life destinations. Some people last a few months and some a few years. The worst is when an elderly loved one loses their mind.
Visiting through a closed window is not the best.

Reactions: Carp
When is going to be the right time to buy SAVE or other travel? Already in SAVE more than I want at $17 avg. But definitely tempted to buy some to avg down. Also, noticed that Save has basically tracked JETS etf the same since pandemic. Wouldn’t buying JETS lower overall risk?

When is going to be the right time to buy SAVE or other travel? Already in SAVE more than I want at $17 avg. But definitely tempted to buy some to avg down. Also, noticed that Save has basically tracked JETS etf the same since pandemic. Wouldn’t buying JETS lower overall risk?

You need to own those names that will pop as good news in COVID comes out. SAVE seems to hold up pretty well with the negative news, so I'm holding tight. There is no way to tell when a vaccine or treatment will be announced, but vaccines seems to take a bit over a year to develop and deploy. So news of a significant advancement could come out at any time over the next several months. With sports coming back online there will likely continue to be negative news be coming out regularly. Infected players and teams. Games postponed and cancelled.

Reactions: VolAllen

VN Store

Back