All things STOCKS

I hear so many complaints about ToS app being slow or down completely.
hmm, I've had some problems with all the brokers I've used at times, so not sure if I can say that I love any of the platforms based on reliability, but ToS seems decent to me. But it doesn't really matter if you (or others) find one (or more) broker(s) that they you and find useful

Looks like the BFLY buyers are back. I don't get CCIV either. That's just nuts.

I am always thinking there is a pullback sometime, but you never know. Jobless numbers were bad. Bond yields have gone up quite a bit, and so that hurts how you discount future earnings. Ultimately all pullbacks healthy, if you wait long enough.

I am in a pretty defensive positions. In my "non play money" like my 401k, I will rake off earnings at times like the last month, when there's obviously a euphoric melt-up. that is, if a position goes up $5000 in a week, I might sell that $5000 and make it stay in its place.

When you're trying to rebalance into the total market, the trick is not to buy too soon. It takes months for the gut-wrenching torment to occur. In March last year it only took 1 month, but that was pretty odd.

Last edited:
also, we were trading near the top of the channel on SPY/QQQ/IWM/etc., so not surprising we're having a bit of a pullback. think we're still pretty bullish til we break the channel to the downside

Reactions: bpalmer28
RKT earnings are the 25th. I went to sell covered calls and they were very expensive. That's the first I'd thought of earnings being soon.

I mentioned before, as it just lies there at $20 week after week, I am making a pretty good living selling covered calls at $21.

P.S. I am tempted to look for another GEVO entry point.

Last edited:
$OCFT is another great swing play for a consistent 10-15%. Since about August of last year it has consistently moved between $20-$24 at least once a month. Also a nice flag formation on the weekly chart, suggesting it could break upwards even further.

Currently it's at support. I have a order in at $19.80 and that I'm hoping hits, but honestly, anything under $21 should be good for a quick 10% in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
There's going to be a natural pullback - probably like 20%. What will be interesting is how all the retail investors handle it. They all pull out and we might be in some serious trouble.
Retail doesn't sell after short, sharp pullbacks from all-time highs. That tends to be institutional, hot money, hedge fund selling. Retail sells during longer, protracted bear markets (like 2001-03 or 2007-09), that have large peak-to-trough declines (like 50% instead of 20%). They get worn out after seeing that account balance decline over an 18 or 24 month period.

Despite their reputation as being easily panicked, retail doesn't tend to get scared out; they tend to get worn out. For that first 10 or 15% of the decline, they likely aren't even paying attention. When the decline hits 40-50%, and it has occurred over a longer period of time (i.e., not one month like the COVID crash), and it's talked about in the news every day, they get frustrated and throw in the towel. Their hope gets broken, they are sick of waiting for the turnaround, and they think "it'll never go back to where it was." And of course that's the bottom...when the last guy throws in the towel.

Retail doesn't sell after short, sharp pullbacks from all-time highs. That tends to be institutional, hot money, hedge fund selling. Retail sells during longer, protracted bear markets (like 2001-03 or 2007-09), that have large peak-to-trough declines (like 50% instead of 20%). They get worn out after seeing that account balance decline over an 18 or 24 month period.

Despite their reputation as being easily panicked, retail doesn't tend to get scared out; they tend to get worn out. For that first 10 or 15% of the decline, they likely aren't even paying attention. When the decline hits 40-50%, and it has occurred over a longer period of time (i.e., not one month like the COVID crash), and it's talked about in the news every day, they get frustrated and throw in the towel. Their hope gets broken, they are sick of waiting for the turnaround, and they think "it'll never go back to where it was." And of course that's the bottom...when the last guy throws in the towel.
That is exactly what I saw 2007-2009. People getting frustrated near the bottom and selling so they "wouldn't lose it all". It was really sad.

$OCFT is another great swing play for a consistent 10-15%. Since about August of last year it has consistently moved between $20-$24 at least once a month. Also a nice flag formation on the weekly chart, suggesting it could break upwards even further.

Currently it's at support. I have a order in at $19.80 and that I'm hoping hits, but honestly, anything under $21 should be good for a quick 10% in the next 2 weeks.
If I try this it'll jinx it.

Something that stuck out to me is that pot stocks plummeted when Democrats won the Senate. Seems counterintuitive, but there was a mild panic when all of a sudden there was no invisible wall set up to reign the industry in. They got what they wanted, and still sold.

I'm thinking something like that may happen re: COVID. Once we open back up, we'll get a huge boom for 6-12-18 months - and then I wonder if that's when the sell-off starts - when we look around and realize prices are still inflated and the underlying economy is still bad.

Something that stuck out to me is that pot stocks plummeted when Democrats won the Senate. Seems counterintuitive, but there was a mild panic when all of a sudden there was no invisible wall set up to reign the industry in. They got what they wanted, and still sold.

I'm thinking something like that may happen re: COVID. Once we open back up, we'll get a huge boom for 6-12-18 months - and then I wonder if that's when the sell-off starts - when we look around and realize prices are still inflated and the underlying economy is still bad.

The existing marijuana companies are selling at a premium. Legalization will help the entire industry, but could hurt the current players as additional competition enters.

VN Store

Back