All things STOCKS

That’s 90% of my portfolio. That and weed, maybe healthcare are the only safe plays for four years.

Travel/leisure related stocks still seem undervalued for the most part, though it might take another full year before we see that sector fully recover.

I’m not lumping natty gas in with “green”. Too bad for Chesapeake. They would have thrived if EVs were quicker to materialize. Solar were don’t go all night when commuters will all be plugging in.

The reality is that green energy can barely put a dent into running our country. If we are to make meaningful cuts to burning fossil fuel then it needs to be nuclear.

I do agree with that. Though I am not sure why the govt isn't putting more incentive into solar energy. I believe I read where countries like China and Israel had over 30% of all new constructions being solar powered, compared to the US where I believe less than 1% of new constructions are solar powered. It's cost efficient and clean. If I built a new home, you can bet my house would be solar powered.

Last edited:
I do agree with that. Though I am not sure why the govt isn't putting more incentive into solar energy. I believe I read where countries like China and Israel had over 30% of all new constructions being solar powered, compared the US where I believe less than 1% of new constructions are solar powered. It's cost efficient and clean. If I built a new home, you can bet my house would be solar powered.

i don’t think that solar is cost efficient without government subsidies through homeowner tax credits. It does seem to make sense though to encourage every roof to use the free energy. Wasn’t Elon developing a roofing material that generates electricity?

Spent batteries and obsolete solar panels seem like they’d be a looming environmental mess.

It doesn't really have to be competitive if you just do it, and that's where we're headed. People are going to buy electricity when the price goes up (and honestly it already happened). They only got one wire out there hooked to the house. (obligatory reference: 220, 221, whatever it takes). It's not a bad idea to incent homeowners to bear the capital cost on solar; they've got somewhere to put it.

I don't know about you guys, but in the last 10 years my prices per kWh has about doubled here in Kingsport with AEP. I have to pay it.

It doesn't really have to be competitive if you just do it, and that's where we're headed. People are going to buy electricity when the price goes up (and honestly it already happened). They only got one wire out there hooked to the house. (obligatory reference: 220, 221, whatever it takes). It's not a bad idea to incent homeowners to bear the capital cost on solar; they've got somewhere to put it.

I don't know about you guys, but in the last 10 years my prices per kWh has about doubled here in Kingsport with AEP. I have to pay it.
You're going to spend five figures installing a solar system on your house. Even if you're spending $300 a month on power it's going to take years to recoup that cost. It's also one more thing to squabble over if you go to sell the house. Who's going to want to buy a solar home if the batteries or panels need to be replaced in the next couple years?

Reactions: WeNeedaQB
I hadn't done anything in weeks. So this afternoon I did a little research and played some Ford options. They both sold in an hour. Nice little gain

You're going to spend five figures installing a solar system on your house. Even if you're spending $300 a month on power it's going to take years to recoup that cost. It's also one more thing to squabble over if you go to sell the house. Who's going to want to buy a solar home if the batteries or panels need to be replaced in the next couple years?
You actually make it sound pretty good. If I can spend 5 figures and save $300 a month, I’d be all over that.

Reactions: Go aeiou
BEP is another green energy play for those that like a dividend. Much like NEE, its had quite the run over the past year

I have several ETFs on my watch lists right now. I’ve avoided funds for a couple of years since the poorly run names aren’t excluded as long as they fit the theme. But the diversification is good with the uncertainty of when the recovery kicks in and the Biden-in-Chief’s policies.

JETS: airlines
POTX: reefers
ICLN: green energy
DRIV: EVs
BETZ: sports betting
BOTZ: robotics, automation
EDOC: telehealth
FINX: finance tech
PAVE: infrastructure

I’ve held CURE for a long time. Leveraged ETFs aren’t really designed for longer term holds, but I like the demographics of the healthcare industry.

I like Blackrock (BLK), State Street (STT), Invesco (IVZ), and Schwab (SCHW) since they do a lot of business operating ETFs. I own 3 of those names.

I have an open buy order on ERX (2x leveraged energy ETF) still a couple dollars below the current price. I opened up a position in INTC yesterday a few cents over $55 that I’ve set the sell order a little above $59. I held INTC last quarter, collected the dividend, and exited with a gain of about 25%. Wash, rinse, repeat I hope.

I mean it's like a roof. If you stay long enough, you're gonna have to pay for it regardless. You also have the selling point of not having an electric bill, so you have around $200/month. And they actually make solar roofing tiles, so you could actually kill two birds with one stone.

I have several ETFs on my watch lists right now. I’ve avoided funds for a couple of years since the poorly run names aren’t excluded as long as they fit the theme. But the diversification is good with the uncertainty of when the recovery kicks in and the Biden-in-Chief’s policies.

JETS: airlines
POTX: reefers
ICLN: green energy
DRIV: EVs
BETZ: sports betting
BOTZ: robotics, automation
EDOC: telehealth
FINX: finance tech
PAVE: infrastructure

I’ve held CURE for a long time. Leveraged ETFs aren’t really designed for longer term holds, but I like the demographics of the healthcare industry.

I like Blackrock (BLK), State Street (STT), Invesco (IVZ), and Schwab (SCHW) since they do a lot of business operating ETFs. I own 3 of those names.

I have an open buy order on ERX (2x leveraged energy ETF) still a couple dollars below the current price. I opened up a position in INTC yesterday a few cents over $55 that I’ve set the sell order a little above $59. I held INTC last quarter, collected the dividend, and exited with a gain of about 25%. Wash, rinse, repeat I hope.

ARK ETFs are where it’s at. Cathie wood is incredible.

Reactions: lmoore944
Looking to load HYLN close to $18 now that it is showing life. Really nice gap fill around $22, past that it could really blow.

Also recommend you all checking out SPCX if I haven’t already mentioned. Pre-LOI SPAC ETF. Biggest position is CCIV, rumored to be merging with lucid motors. I’ve been buying shares and calls on the dip today.

I own every ARK ETF, and they have been killing it. They will have a new one coming soon, ARKX, that should do really well. It will be a space exploration ETF. She actually has a webinar going on right now.

Yup, I want to say it drops in late March. I will definitely have money freed up for that. Believe she will also be targeting eVTOL in that ETF.

original_277927807.png

Here is a good chart of all the ARK funds compared to SPY for those interested.

VN Store

Back