All things STOCKS

I couldn't agree more. Where I was headed is just how complicated are the tax filings given a large volume of trades, margin buying and option trading. I suspect you've been at this more than a year, so as they say, "it's not your first rodeo".
I want to say my EOY (1099 I think?) last year was like 189 pages long or something ha. It will be even longer this year

I'm curious how many of the day traders on here are filing taxes for the first time since they started day trading.
Ha ha, I am definitely guilty. In 2020 I just traded options all year, but I tried to have 10 plays a week. FWIW. Not really looking forward to taxes.

I couldn't agree more. Where I was headed is just how complicated are the tax filings given a large volume of trades, margin buying and option trading. I suspect you've been at this more than a year, so as they say, "it's not your first rodeo".
Most brokerages will provide a summary sheet, and those amounts can be used to file taxes. i.e. short term gains/losses, etc. I haven't listed individual trades in a few years.

Reactions: VolAllen
GEVO took me to my best single day P/L yet yesterday. I had 500 shares sold 400 between 10.75-11.30. I left 100 to ride and woke up to that offering. Now I’ll just take whatever cash from that sell and buy the bottom. Looking for at least $8 since that’s where the direct offering was priced.

What else are you guys playing? I’m kind of at a dead end it seems not knowing which way to play lol

I can’t tell if the market is about to pop higher or crash 🤨

What else are you guys playing? I’m kind of at a dead end it seems not knowing which way to play lol

I can’t tell if the market is about to pop higher or crash 🤨

RMO
CLOV
ENG
GEVO

I think if you stick with weed and alt energy plays even with a market crash you wouldn’t be hurt too badly.

Most brokerages will provide a summary sheet, and those amounts can be used to file taxes. i.e. short term gains/losses, etc. I haven't listed individual trades in a few years.
Agreed. Who lists individual trades? Just need a summary of short and long term gains/losses.

Very nice. Have you trimmed any, or are you still holding a full position there?

Trimmed some when it first hit $200 (50% return), bought some back in low 180s. Sold a little this afternoon. Holding 175 shares now (Original position was 250 shares in low 130s)

Still holding some PING too although trimmed that as well..

My trading is nowhere as exciting as the penny/OTC guys

Reactions: TheColdVolTruth
Trimmed some when it first hit $200 (50% return), bought some back in low 180s. Sold a little this afternoon. Holding 175 shares now (Original position was 250 shares in low 130s)

Still holding some PING too although trimmed that as well..

My trading is nowhere as exciting as the penny/OTC guys

That's nice work on BIDU. I haven't looked at PING in awhile. I forget where my exit was exactly, but I think it was 27 or 28. I think that's the first name I've ever bought having heard about it first in an online forum. I owe you a drink on that one. That chart was set up perfectly when you mentioned it a couple months ago.

That's nice work on BIDU. I haven't looked at PING in awhile. I forget where my exit was exactly, but I think it was 27 or 28. I think that's the first name I've ever bought having heard about it first in an online forum. I owe you a drink on that one. That chart was set up perfectly when you mentioned it a couple months ago.

I need something to buy for sure. Absolutely not seeing much value other than just short term trades.

Reactions: VolAllen
I need something to buy for sure. Absolutely not seeing much value other than just short term trades.

I agree. A couple of names I like for the next decade are PYPL and NEE. They've both run (as has seemingly everything else), but I expect PYPL to be in the $1T club by 2030. NEE has been my favorite utility for some time, and they are a leader in renewables with extremely efficient management. I'm in some speculative positions, but I tend to sit near the exit on those.

I agree. A couple of names I like for the next decade are PYPL and NEE. They've both run (as has seemingly everything else), but I expect PYPL to be in the $1T club by 2030. NEE has been my favorite utility for some time, and they are a leader in renewables with extremely efficient management. I'm in some speculative positions, but I tend to sit near the exit on those.

I'm in both PYPL and NEE. Been a hell of a run for PYPL and SQ but again, I dont see a lot out there to buy.

I still see some intermediate term potential for the following REITS: EQR, WPC, GMRE, O. Those sections of the REIT industry havent recovered from bottoms as quick as SKT and SPG.

BFT...

I don't know anything about that name, but I'm warming to the spac idea. I'll probably come around right before the bubble bursts. I've nibbled on PSTH. Many of these seem like pure insanity to me, but the returns can't be argued with in some cases. Anything Chamath has put his name on has done very well. I may look at IPOG when he lists it. It's really a bet on the ability of the sponsor to execute and promote a deal. I wouldn't mind getting on the plane, but I'd like a seat near the exit with my parachute on. I seem to remember HOFV getting pumped in here back during the summer, and that dog is ugly.

You guys have talked about a couple of good ones for sure.

Just bought some PYPL and APHA.

You all might want to consider LMND. They are sort of the wave of the future and have relatively low institutional ownership right now. As more institutional investors buy in the share price should go higher.

I put a 8 percent trailing edge stop on all my major stocks so that if the market tanks I can buy back in when it bottoms out. I'll remove those once we are getting into summer and the COVID numbers begin to retreat somewhat.

VN Store

Back