All things STOCKS

And I said the exact same thing about AAL a few weeks ago when it was almost $21....

Trump loses, more dilution, no vaccine, more economic issues can get stock back in the 13s. I'm not saying its likely or even probable but it's a definite possibility...

AAL had been in a bad position for awhile, even before COVID.

In 3 months closer to election or after? May be a semi decent possibility it falls to $12-$13 area given market uncertainty if Biden is still looking like the clear front runner or eventually wins. In the shorter term (August-Sept) it's pretty unlikely, given their ER from last week. There would have to be another country wide lockdown to send it to those levels.

IMO, I don't think any elected official is interested in a lockdown anymore. It made sense at the start, so we didn't have millions of people hitting the hospitals all at the same time. But now the death rate has fallen considerably, even with spikes in new cases, as we have gained a better understanding of how to treat the virus. Add to that the talk of a vaccine being very close and Americans won't accept another lockdown.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Anybody got an opinion on TRVN? It has climbed steady this week, reports it may touch $4 a share by Friday...

I traded it a couple of years ago ahead of the adcom run up. I bought in the $1.70s and sold near $3 if I remember correctly. The adcom was very close (maybe just one or two more negative votes than positive). I almost bought back in post adcom with the thought that spec money may hedge the chance that FDA may go against such a slim majority, but I never did take another position. I liked the idea of Olinvo, but I haven't looked at this ticker since the CRL in 2018.

Reactions: bignewt
By the way, I knew I should have bought into SAVE yesterday when it was a @ $16.00. Oh well.

Instead I put about $900 into NCMI on the dip. Seems like a fairly safe play overall. Since the theaters closed down in April, it's fluctuated about 10-20% up and down almost every week. I'm up about $30 so far. I'll look to exit when it hits about 3.20 for about 10% gain, then buy the dip when it drops back below $3.00. When theaters eventually re-open (or even hint about re-opening) this should shoot up $1-2 easy. Most analysts give it a price target around $7 within the next year, which seems on the low end, imo.

By the way, I knew I should have bought into SAVE yesterday when it was a @ $16.00. Oh well.

Instead I put about $900 into NCMI on the dip. Seems like a fairly safe play overall. Since the theaters closed down in April, it's fluctuated about 10-20% up and down almost every week. I'm up about $30 so far. I'll look to exit when it hits about 3.20 for about 10% gain, then buy the dip when it drops back below $3.00. When theaters eventually re-open (or even hint about re-opening) this should shoot up $1-2 easy. Most analysts give it a price target around $7 within the next year, which seems on the low end, imo.
I got an email from Regal Cinemas today saying they will begin to reopen on 8-21.

Reactions: VolAllen and Carp

NCMI seems interesting. Read through earnings calls and I don't see huge liquidity red flags in 2020. Obviously, if virus keeps theaters closed into 2021, then all bets are off. Biggest concern long-term is could the large theater companies do what NCMI is doing (essentially cut out the middleman).

NCMI seems interesting. Read through earnings calls and I don't see huge liquidity red flags in 2020. Obviously, if virus keeps theaters closed into 2021, then all bets are off. Biggest concern long-term is could the large theater companies do what NCMI is doing (essentially cut out the middleman).

NCM and AMC Reach Agreement Allowing AMC to Comply with DOJ's Final Order on Carmike Merger | National CineMedia, Inc.

If I'm reading this correctly, I believe they have contracted with AMC that last through 2029? They're also contractually obligated with NCMI that all new the theaters built will become part of NCMI's network during this time. Looks like both AMC and Regal both hold roughly 20% stakes in NCMI as well?

Not a bad call here from 7/2 @bignewt ..

This looks like a hell of a call after AMD ER yesterday after the close. I heard some of the talking heads on CNBC advising shorting AMD here and going long INTC. My question would be at what point do the issues INTC faces start causing a shift in market share, and does this shift reach a critical mass before INTC can really turn itself around? AAPL announcing a move to their own silica along with AMD and TSMC making 7nm chips when INTC seems to struggle with 10 nm seems to present some pretty significant headwinds for the next 24 months. I like a good turnaround story as much as anyone, and the INTC chart looks opportunistic, but I don't know that INTC doesn't end up at the back of the line of the semis for some time.

You’d have to have a Delorean to know that was going to happen 😂

I certainly didn't, but it looks like someone did. The stock traded in a daily volume range of around 70k to 220k for last week. On Monday the volume was 1.6M shares, and the deal was announced yesterday. That's a bad look for anyone on the corporate side or gov side that knew of the deal, but I'm proud for anyone who held it legitimately.

Reactions: Go aeiou
This looks like a hell of a call after AMD ER yesterday after the close. I heard some of the talking heads on CNBC advising shorting AMD here and going long INTC. My question would be at what point do the issues INTC faces start causing a shift in market share, and does this shift reach a critical mass before INTC can really turn itself around? AAPL announcing a move to their own silica along with AMD and TSMC making 7nm chips when INTC seems to struggle with 10 nm seems to present some pretty significant headwinds for the next 24 months. I like a good turnaround story as much as anyone, and the INTC chart looks opportunistic, but I don't know that INTC doesn't end up at the back of the line of the semis for some time.

Ha ha, I'm trying to cut that $198K gap.....

I was holding AMD for the longer haul and obviously didn't expect a 50% increase in less than a month (I'll likely prune a little today and will hopefully buy back after a dip). INTC has great branding; however, they've been laggards in the technology for a little while now.

I would think INTC is a good turnaround story; however, they are trading 30% less than where they did 20 years ago and they are printing money now. With that being said, I'd expect they will be back in $65 range in the next 12-18 months so that's not a bad return either. I'm probably not going there but if they dip to the $45 range, I might take a look at it.

Ha ha, I'm trying to cut that $198K gap.....

I was holding AMD for the longer haul and obviously didn't expect a 50% increase in less than a month (I'll likely prune a little today and will hopefully buy back after a dip). INTC has great branding; however, they've been laggards in the technology for a little while now.

I would think INTC is a good turnaround story; however, they are trading 30% less than where they did 20 years ago and they are printing money now. With that being said, I'd expect they will be back in $65 range in the next 12-18 months so that's not a bad return either. I'm probably not going there but if they dip to the $45 range, I might take a look at it.

Lol. I'm still looking for a Smokey statue for my desk.

I told a friend of mine in March when I was buying restaurants that I wanted to take a long position in a semi, but I never pulled the trigger. I guess I got analysis paralysis trying to decide which ticker, but I'd have been better off buying SMH and getting the sector. It looks like the train has left the station for most of those names except INTC, and they seem to have some deeper issues.

And congrats to anyone who owned KODK before yesterday. What a move yesterday and today in premarket.
Jim Cramer... I swear...

Eastman Kodak News: Why KODK Stock Is Rocketing 228% Higher Today

While KODK investors are boosting the stock higher, not everyone is happy about the Eastman Kodak news. TheStreet.com’s Jim Cramer had the following to say about the company’s change.

“This hydroxychloroquine—it’s never going to stop! Over and over, there were tests that were done that found it not valuable.”

I certainly didn't, but it looks like someone did. The stock traded in a daily volume range of around 70k to 220k for last week. On Monday the volume was 1.6M shares, and the deal was announced yesterday. That's a bad look for anyone on the corporate side or gov side that knew of the deal, but I'm proud for anyone who held it legitimately.

Jared Kushner? LOL

I read where a few company officials bought a few thousands shares on Wed. I'd be willing to bet they will be receiving a visit from the SEC.

VN Store

Back