All the negativity that will ensue.

mch317

GBO
What could have been if we did this or did that doesn't matter. This team went further than any other Tennessee team in basketball history. Don't worry about what play could have gone differently to get us this win. Take your hats off to these seniors that just played their last game, and got us to the Elite 8 for the first time ever.

I applaud the heart of these guys. I applaud the coaching job CBP did. I applaud this team not giving up, after what happened earlier in the year.

I know it's tough, but support these guys.

Thank You for Baller Vols.

I don't see how any negativity will ensue.

This team achieved more than any other team in Tennessee history, and was a point away from going to Indianapolis.

Absolutley. They went down fighting....I would feel different if I was a UK fan...:D

I don't see how any negativity will ensue.

This team achieved more than any other team in Tennessee history, and was a point away from going to Indianapolis.

It will, don't worry. Volnation always has a couple of *******s who don't understand what we achieved this year.

This was a heartbreaker, but this team has put Tennessee basketball on the map. We'll be back here soon enough, and the result might be different next time.

Absolutely right. I hope the BB Vols know that their achievement is trermendous and they have done the Vol Nation proud.

Great game on both sides, let me just say this. I know there are a lot of Steven Pearl apologists on here. I applaud his hustle, but in a game where every possession counts, having him lead the fast break and turn that ball over on a 2 on 1 fast break was back-breaking IMO. We were down 4, could have been down 2 after that. That's unacceptable to have him in in that situation.

No negativity here. I'm proud of 'em. Gotta hit free throws though. Hopson's going to get alot of criticism from missing that last one, but the extra point we needed could have come from any of the missed FT's. Other than that, we did everything right. And Bruce got one step further this time. We'll get there. Thanks for an awesome season Vols!

I'm proud of them and I'm gonna miss Prince, Chism, and Maze a lot. Regardless of what happened today, this was the best season in Tennessee basketball history.

What could have been if we did this or did that doesn't matter. This team went further than any other Tennessee team in basketball history. Don't worry about what play could have gone differently to get us this win. Take your hats off to these seniors that just played their last game, and got us to the Elite 8 for the first time ever.

I applaud the heart of these guys. I applaud the coaching job CBP did. I applaud this team not giving up, after what happened earlier in the year.

Nicely put!

What a year... I feel awful for the seniors but they played amazing in the tourny. They should be proud of themselves. GBO

Other than people voicing their justfied frustration in Scotty Hopson needing the missing traits of all of Dorothy's fellow travelers on the Yellowbrick Road, I don't think you'll see anyone being negative.

Other than people voicing their justfied frustration in Scotty Hopson needing the missing traits of all of Dorothy's fellow travelers on the Yellowbrick Road, I don't think you'll see anyone being negative.

Ouch, but true. I'm disappointed in losing, but I'm not disappointed at all with this season. Job well done, Bruce Pearl. I pray that he doesn't bring back the run-n-gun

Genuine LOL :lolabove:

Thus place won't be negative. That was the biggest game in our history. We acquitted ourselves well and have a great recruiting class coming. Our coach is showing that he's not married to a system and we have nowhere to go but up. We have joined the national conversation, if only minimally, so it's a start.

Finally, this will make our absence from the football conversation more bearable.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well played. Other than Hopson, though, and a few mental lapses notwithstanding, everyone else on the floor gave their all for Tennessee today, and really, that's all we can ask.

I wonder, though, what might have happened if Williams had been sat with about 1 minute left. He was clearly gassed. Perhaps if Hall or even Pearl were in the game, one of them would have been in better position to defend the game-winning shot for the Spartans, and then we could take our chances in overtime.

VN Store

Back