All Tenn Fans

I manage two branches @ a regional bank in Middle TN. It’s amazing how busy we are and the amount of people that are still out.

Its amazing how bare the streets are on the pigeon forge parkway,,,going out at noon is like a regular day at midnight.Gatlinberg is nearly isolated, even less traffic there

Well, we're getting teady for our church's online worship service taking place at 11 am (EST). This will be either the 3rd or 4th such outing, but we're getting the hang of it. Just the preacher, pianist, and tech in physical attendance, but order of worship the same. Hymns, responsive readings, corporate prayer, sermon, benediction...only thing missing is the offering and crying babies. We've been recording sermons and streaming services for years, but this mass quarantine thing takes getting used to. Still, helps to maintain our community in addition to the calls and personal and group emails throughout the week.

For those whose churches don't have that technical capability, there are tons of internet offerings...everything from services to thousands of archived sermons (recommend sermonaudio.com) to free teaching series (try Ligonier) to devotions to articles (recommend monergism), etc.

Not trying to get too far afield but just sharing some ideas and resources for these uncertain times and distancing.

I was hesitant to post (not wanting to violate any site or forum "advertising" rules), but I'll be happy to post the link. Just give me a moment to switch from phone to computer.

Link to service (begins promptly at 11 am unless buffering problems. If it freezes up, you can also pull it up on Facebook page for Bridwell Heights Presbyterian Church (PCA):

Bridwell Heights Presbyterian Church

I originally posted the bulletin information, but it took up so much room (couldn't copy the pdf). Also, didn't want to intrude in the forum with an overload of printed information not related to LV, so just posted the link to the service re: gule's request (and for anyone else interested).

If Freak or anyone thinks it inappropriate to post here, just please delete or move it to appropriate forum (if any on the site).

Our church's perspective is very conservative, reformed...Sola Scriptura. We're in one of the conservative Presbyterian denominations (not the larger USA one).

You'll hear lots of scripture from both Old and New Testaments. Quotes from Calvin, Luther, the Puritans, Jonathan Edwards, Charles Spurgeon, R.C. Sproul, etc. Just so you'll know what to expect if that's not your cup of tea.

I will say this about our preacher. He's highly educated, young, and a firebrand. To be quite honest, I'd rank him alongside Billy Graham (not necessarily for theology, but for speaking ability), John MacArthur, etc. for keeping you engaged for 45-50 minutes (his sermons are not homilies). You may be inspired or you may get angry, but I can almost guarantee that you won't fall asleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1 and gule
I am working from home - state of Tennessee employee and am so thankful that I bought an Echelon spin bike 18 months ago.
I am driving my wife crazy wanting to purge and clean. She is a border line hoarder and has taken over a spare bedroom as a craft/crap room.
I really want to get in there and clean, etc., but there may be a murder if I do

Stay safe!

I am working from home - state of Tennessee employee and am so thankful that I bought an Echelon spin bike 18 months ago.
I am driving my wife crazy wanting to purge and clean. She is a border line hoarder and has taken over a spare bedroom as a craft/crap room.
I really want to get in there and clean, etc., but there may be a murder if I do

Stay safe!
I loaded up on home exercise equipment in the week leading up to the lockdown...thank God I did! Can't find any of that stuff online now! If only I was smart like you and got a bike or treadmill for cardio...

I loaded up on home exercise equipment in the week leading up to the lockdown...thank God I did! Can't find any of that stuff online now! If only I was smart like you and got a bike or treadmill for cardio...

We've got a spare old-fashioned stat. bike (we now use recumbent to relieve the knees). We also have a Soloflex that actually works when it's not being used to hang clothes on.

Reactions: Amb3096
fixing to go out and get some fresh air at the park...Wish I could find a gym open so I could get a little cardio going,,,walk/running is boring after playing roundball,,,but it beats potatoing on the couch

A lot of lawn mowers and weed wackers running in southeast PA this afternoon. Just laid 15 bags of mulch = Lowes 5/$10.

The one good thing and also the bad thing about the ole Gule now living in a rental house is no repair/remodeling projects. Just have to mow my postage stamp sized backyard.

Anyone without access to a local church service is welcome to join us for our remote Easter service at the link above (Post #30).

Begins at 11:00 (2 minutes from now). Will be archived for later viewing.

Happy Easter!

Reactions: Amb3096
Live. worship service now streaming (link is in orange in Post #30). Today's topic is fear.

All sermons archived; highly recommend last week's ("A Biblical Theology of Disease and Sickness"). Hope others will be blessed by this as I was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benionsopinion

VN Store

Back