All-Purpose Backs

crusse10

THIS MAN IS A PERVERT
Any idea why All-Purpose Backs don't get much love?
Jarvis Giles, while being Rivals #2 APB, doesn't even get into the Top 100 prospects for Rivals...
Hell, even David Oku (the #1 APB) doesn't make it to the Top 100 until #82...

Past top APBs during their recruiting processes...
Maurice Drew
De'Angelo Williams
C.J. Spiller
Mike Hart
Bernie Wells
Noel Devine

Sure was, I just don't like to acknowledge his existence as a football player, anymore.

I kinda wonder the same thing. That's why I don't understand how they get such little love...

good question, my 3 thoughts would be an APB is one who runs, catches, and blocks well. OR a back that can play all 3 downs (hybrid). OR one who can play in any type of offense.

But I must be wrong on all 3 cause all these seem to be an advantage and would deserve more respect.

good question, my 3 thoughts would be an APB is one who runs, catches, and blocks well. OR a back that can play all 3 downs (hybrid). OR one who can play in any type of offense.

But I must be wrong on all 3 cause all these seem to be an advantage and would deserve more respect.

That's what I thought too....seems like an APB should be ranked higher....but seems like RB's get more love?

Ironically Bush wasn't an All-Purpose Back when he was recruited...According to Rivals, that is...

Wouldn't it have something to do with all purpose yardage? Running, catching, and returning kicks maybe?

It's more a/b their cathcing, returning ability, nothin to do w/ blocking.

Reggie was actually the very first one I looked for, because if you consider anyone "All-Purpose" it had to be him. Suprisingly, I was wrong. He was just a regular RB...Oh well...

I consider Steven Jackson more of an APB than Bush - Bush can't get the tough yards.

VN Store

Back