All my friends say, “Look at that Defense, aren’t you happy?”

The bars pretty low right now in K-Town. If he beats Vandy, Kentucky, & SCAR, we would be dancing in the streets. Pick off a still bad Florida and its statue time. CJP doesn't have to be the second coming of the General to be a superstar in BOC.

If he beats FLA i will buy stock in dollar shave club!

Of course he did. You don't publicly bash fellow coaches, especially one that worked under you.

Pruitt's resume is more impressive than Dooley's pre-Tennessee resume could even hope to be though.

To this day, Dooley has never even been a coordinator anywhere. He went from position coach straight to two head coaching jobs (Louisiana Tech and Tennessee) back to being a position coach. The only managerial-type coaching jobs he's ever had are at LA Tech and Tennessee. That's incredible. At least Pruitt has managed staffs at multiple top schools.

So, in other words, what Saban says don't mean a darn thing.

Even when they are you'll find something to whine about
Not true. I'm just not ready to crown Pruitt our version of Saban and a VFL yet like some on here. And to top that off, he's still wearing Bammer ****.

Hey if you want an echo chamber of nothing but those that agree with you, throw me out. Personally I think the dialog and disagreements make these web boards a hell of a lot more interesting. Somebody has to be the contrarian.

Reactions: 1 person
If you got the jimmy's and joe's you can win 10 games, it's about the recruiting, saint nick 'is a better recruiter than coach if you can recruit you can coach if you can't recruit you can't coach just that simple, it's all about the jimmy's and joe's, i just hope this is just a learning of how to coach to sit up his next job.

Let's hope Helton is the real deal. Do you guys think USC missed him in their bowl game prep

Didn't USC have their OC there all along?

Not true. I'm just not ready to crown Pruitt our version of Saban and a VFL yet like some on here. And to top that off, he's still wearing Bammer ****.

Hey if you want an echo chamber of nothing but those that agree with you, throw me out. Personally I think the dialog and disagreements make these web boards a hell of a lot more interesting. Somebody has to be the contrarian.
yeah? I guess. So being negatively inclined leads to what? More overall, better balanced conclusions? Some of you (check this out OP)...like those of you who don't-or-just-won't recognize that, judging by his track record, Coach Pru's got to be the best DC in the nation. No? Name one who's better. His defensive staff are on the same page; all top notch and SEC savvy. Helton, at OC, is a whiz at the pro style/west coast offensive setup. If the offense at least is pretty good, then we've got a winner. Jeeeez!

Reactions: 2 people
yeah? I guess. So being negatively inclined leads to what? More overall, better balanced conclusions? Some of you (check this out OP)...like those of you who don't-or-just-won't recognize that, judging by his track record, Coach Pru's got to be the best DC in the nation. No? Name one who's better. His defensive staff are on the same page; all top notch and SEC savvy. Helton, at OC, is a whiz at the pro style/west coast offensive setup. If the offense at least is pretty good, then we've got a winner. Jeeeez!
We are about to find out how good he is with FAR less talent and depth. You still have to have big uglies that CAN push around THEIR big uglies and it is up to him to coach em up.

Oh, and I am not necessarily a negative Nancy. I am just hoping this guys is not a repeat of the greatest thing since sliced bread 3.0. Everybody was all up on Dooley, Kiffin, Butch, and here we go again, so forgive me if I am a little gun shy. And this is the first one of the 4 that has deep deep roots to one of our biggest rivals and a huge winner on the huge stage. Forgive me if i don't trust him to be anywhere near a VFL at this point. He is a Bammer mercenary being paid UT money until he proves otherwise.

Last edited:
We are about to find out how good he is with FAR less talent and depth. You still have to have big uglies that CAN push around THEIR big uglies and it is up to him to coach em up.

siap, but no one is going to confuse our defense w/Bama's.

i think everyone knows that the big difference there is the personnel. it's not really even close.

that said, given what pruitt was able to do with FSU's defense in a single year, and UGA's in 2 years, i think it's safe to bet that our defense should see some improvement....how much? dunno. the bar is set pretty low considering how our defense has performed the past couple years.

no where to go but up.....

Oh, and I am not necessarily a negative Nancy. I am just hoping this guys is not a repeat of the greatest thing since sliced bread 3.0. Everybody was all up on Dooley, Kiffin, Butch, and here we go again, so forgive me if I am a little gun shy. And this is the first one of the 4 that has deep deep roots to one of our biggest rivals and a huge winner on the huge stage. Forgive me if i don't trust him to be anywhere near a VFL at this point. He is a Bammer mercenary being paid UT money until he proves otherwise.
Well. I tried whistlin' the tune to show you some light, but now I suppose I'll need to read the lyrics for ya'. Being a contrarian is the same as being negative...as in nega. OK? Coach Pruitt wore UA team clothing versus Clemson because he's coaching that team to a national championship. So...duh! He's also going to wear bama gear whilst his current fellas are whoopin' dawgs. That's what a coach does 'til he'd done there. He's moving his family to Knoxville. He's the head coach of the Tennessee Vols, which is the only HC job he's got. Got it? Will he ever coach at bama again? Nope. That's Dabo's next move and everybody knows it. He's not a mercenary, he's a coach and a dang excellent one. I'll hang up now and let you continue arguing for argument's sake.

Reactions: 2 people
Dude give it a rest.

We already lead or are in the hunt for several 5* players.

He is bringing them.

You just choose to ignore it to have something to b*** about.

Good try bro, but you would have better luck convincing a telephone pole to think rationally than SpaceCoast. :eek:lol:

Trouble is - Pruitt is the HC, not the DC. Folks should be looking at the DC coming in - how good is he?

If Pruitt is having to be DC as well as HC, we are in trouble.

His defenses were very good at UGA and FSU also.

He was a UGA 2 years. Tennessee had no problem scoring points in the games both of those years. But I guess that was Richt's fault.

Not saying he isn't any good - but it is Bama. And Saban's expertise is defense.

He was a UGA 2 years. Tennessee had no problem scoring points in the games both of those years. But I guess that was Richt's fault.

Not saying he isn't any good - but it is Bama. And Saban's expertise is defense.

Hasn't every team had points scored against them tho....lol

Trouble is - Pruitt is the HC, not the DC. Folks should be looking at the DC coming in - how good is he?

If Pruitt is having to be DC as well as HC, we are in trouble.

Smart thinks enough of Sherrer that he's allowed him to recruit for Tennessee while remaining with the D awgs. Smart didn't keep Pruit, who wanted to stay in Athens. But, he kept Sherrer, the ONLY holdover from Richt 's tenure. We'll see about the recruits, but our coaches look like 5 stars.

Smart thinks enough of Sherrer that he's allowed him to recruit for Tennessee while remaining with the D awgs. Smart didn't keep Pruit, who wanted to stay in Athens. But, he kept Sherrer, the ONLY holdover from Richt 's tenure. We'll see about the recruits, but our coaches look like 5 stars.

I prefer to wait to see the product on the field this fall before labeling these coaches as great. This is not a staff that will have coached together as a unit before. That can be good, if Pruitt is a good visionary as a HC. Or it can backfire badly if the visions of each get in the way.

Same is true of players - just because you have 22 5* players on the field doesn't mean you will win. Those players must be in lock step with each other.

Some of you who are lauding the coaches right now are going to be the first to label them as idiots when they do something you don't agree with next season.

Exactly.

Dobbs* there since you misspelled the name of the guy that scored those points. Butch was supported by the raw undeveloped talent of dobbs.

Well. I tried whistlin' the tune to show you some light, but now I suppose I'll need to read the lyrics for ya'. Being a contrarian is the same as being negative...as in nega. OK? Coach Pruitt wore UA team clothing versus Clemson because he's coaching that team to a national championship. So...duh! He's also going to wear bama gear whilst his current fellas are whoopin' dawgs. That's what a coach does 'til he'd done there. He's moving his family to Knoxville. He's the head coach of the Tennessee Vols, which is the only HC job he's got. Got it? Will he ever coach at bama again? Nope. That's Dabo's next move and everybody knows it. He's not a mercenary, he's a coach and a dang excellent one. I'll hang up now and let you continue arguing for argument's sake.
let's revisit in 5 years. I hope you are right.

VN Store

Back