SEC - 3 (Boston, Howard, Pointer)
B12 - 3 (Smith, Joens, Lee)
BEast - 2 (Morrow, Siegrist)
ACC - 2 (Cunane, Kitley)
PAC12 - 2 (Jones, Brink)

Eligible Players that did NOT repeat:
Paige Bueckers (1st) - UConn
Ashley Owusu (3rd) - MD

Two conference POY (Kitley, Siegrist) finished below other players in their conference (Cunane, Morrow).

Two players from the Big East, and neither of them are from UConn. This might be the first time in a loooong time that UConn did not have an All American. Glad to see Aneesah getting recognized for really an amazing season. She could potentially finish her career as a 4-time AA.

Last edited:
First Team:
*Aliyah Boston, SC
*Caitlyn Clark, Iowa
*NaLyssa Smith, Baylor
Haley Jones, Stan
Naz Hillmon, Mich
Rhyne Howard, UK
*unanimous pick

Second Team:
Ayoka Lee, KSt
Ashley Joens, IoSt
Khayla Pointer, LSU
Elissa Cunane, NCST
Aneesah Morrow, DePaul

Third Team:
Elizabeth Kitley, VaTech
Maddy Siegrist, Nova
Veronica Burton, Northwestern
Cameron Brink, Stanford
Angel Reese, Maryland

Two players from the Big East, and neither of them are from UConn. This might be the first time in a loooong time that UConn did not have an All American. Glad to see Aneesah getting recognized for really an amazing season. She could potentially finish her career as a 4-time AA.

Interesting that there were 6 players on the first team. I wonder if there was a tie...

Now way is Cunane or Kitley better then Shakira Austin

Now way is Cunane or Kitley better then Shakira Austin

Or Jordan Horston in my opinion. Horston nearly averaged a double double and we were in the top 15 the majority of the season. Our players get overlooked and sh*t on like you wouldn’t believe. Hope it continues to motivate them.

Two players from the Big East? Give me a break. Even if they aren’t from UConn that’s a joke. Whatever happened to rewarding players for wanting to play against the best competition?

I agree, but at least in Kitley's case, she put up superior #'s and was ACC POY.

I agree with you on Kitley numbers but as far as the best all around player Austin on both ends of the floor. Also Kitley and Cunane don`t need to face Boston, Key, Cardoso ect ?

First Team:
*Aliyah Boston, SC
*Caitlyn Clark, Iowa
*NaLyssa Smith, Baylor
Rhyne Howard, UK
Haley Jones, Stan (t-5)
Naz Hillmon, Mich (t-5)

*unanimous pick

Second Team:
Ayoka Lee, KSt
Ashley Joens, IoSt
Khayla Pointer, LSU
Elissa Cunane, NCST
Aneesah Morrow, DePaul

Third Team:
Elizabeth Kitley, VaTech
Maddy Siegrist, Nova
Veronica Burton, Northwestern
Cameron Brink, Stanford
Angel Reese, Maryland

Conference breakdown:
B10 - 4 (Clark, Hillmon, Burton, Reese)
SEC - 3 (Boston, Howard, Pointer)
B12 - 3 (Smith, Joens, Lee)
BEast - 2 (Morrow, Siegrist)
ACC - 2 (Cunane, Kitley)
PAC12 - 2 (Jones, Brink)

Eligible Players that did NOT repeat:
Paige Bueckers (1st) - UConn
Ashley Owusu (3rd) - MD

Two conference POY (Kitley, Siegrist) finished below other players in their conference (Cunane, Morrow).

This list just goes all over me!!
Jordan Horston should have been on it!
Next year the WBB poo bahs will Remember Her Name!
Interesting side note poo bahs spell corrects to poop bags so…….

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Who would you all take out and put Jordy in their place? You mention that she nearly averaged a double double but I think many on this list did average a double double. I may be wrong but I imagine Jordy averaged more turn overs than anyone on this list and her field goal percentage might be worse than any of those listed.
Having said all that, there are not many on this list I would trade her for next season and she will probably be a better pro than most of them also IMO.

Who would you all take out and put Jordy in their place? You mention that she nearly averaged a double double but I think many on this list did average a double double. I may be wrong but I imagine Jordy averaged more turn overs than anyone on this list and her field goal percentage might be worse than any of those listed.
Having said all that, there are not many on this list I would trade her for next season and she will probably be a better pro than most of them also IMO.

I’d have put her on there over both Big East selections and Burton. They have good numbers, but in that conference it’s easy to see why.

Level of competition still matters to me.

The finalists for the Ann Meyers Drysdale Award for best shooting guard are...interesting.

Christyn Williams, UConn
Sonya Morris, DePaul
Kierstan Bell, FGCU
Taylor Mikesell, OSU
Taylor Robertson, OU

These are some of the high profile players that did NOT make the final list.

Diamond Miller, MD
Zia Cooke, SC
Lexie Hull, Stanford
Jordan Horston, TN

I would take any of those 4 over everyone on the finalist list, save for Kierstan Bell.

Another interesting thing. Sports Illustrated picked their AA teams and they picked the exact 15 same players (Angel Reese didn't make the cut, but the AP team had 16 players instead of 15 due to the tied votes). I'm surprised that Maddy Siegrist made it on both lists...

Women’s All-Americans: Aliyah Boston, Caitlin Clark lead SI teams - Sports Illustrated

The Wooden Award 15 players was mostly the same, with Shakira Austin (Ole Miss) and Destanni Henderson (SC) making the cut in place of Siegrist, Veronica Burton and Elizabeth Kitley (Reese was included in the Wooden Finalists list)

John R. Wooden Award Presented By Wendy's Announces 2021-22 Women's National Ballot

Anyone genuinely shocked that Horston wasn't named an All-American is wearing some ridiculously thick oversized orange glasses...

Her FG% is not even in the top 250 players, perhaps not even in the top 300 players. That makes it hard for her to justifiably qualify for AA if she is not all that good at the basic basketball skill, put it into the basket at an OK percentage. If she was not in the top 300 or top 350, she should not have even made AP AA HM.

I’d have put her on there over both Big East selections and Burton. They have good numbers, but in that conference it’s easy to see why.

So what discount to you generally apply to the new BE Conference vs. the Power 5 Conferences? 25% less competitive, 50% less competitive? Are any of the Power 5 Conferences significantly lower than the SEC, such as by 20-25%?

By the conference logic having more significant numbers logic, Perhaps the AA should only be on a team ranked in the top 5 at the end of the year. Numbers sometimes do not tell the entire story. It is a team sport and some players make the team better by the way they play. Also, defense is usually not a big consideration in selecting an AA except perhaps a center having some consideration. I think Pat said something like offense wins fans defense wins championships.

I don't know the answer, but against Uconn, who had better numbers, Morrow or JH?

VN Store

Back