All 22 tape of Vols

Caleb59seal

Does anyone know where I can get all 22 (coaches tape) of vols game this past season? Would be a great help.

Yea you can get some study info off of the broadcast but it is very limited in what you can actually see... So you get an angle from the skybox or usually right on top or below the skybox (depends which stadium) to see te whole play develop but it also includes endzone camera angles so you can see the splits of the offensive line, their footwork, leverage of the defenders, etc. etc.

Out of curiosity what is the need for coaches film? Like as a fan what's wrong with the broadcast film

Oh man did you just ask the perfect question!!! I am very passionate about that topic, the main thing is that you don't know what's going on past maybe the linebackers and you don't really have any clue what is going on in the trenches with the line. I believe that the broadcast angle teaches fans to just watch the ball the whole game as opposed to actually watching what makes the game so great!!! You can't see route concepts so people that do not watch coaches film and try to predict if a WR or a CB can play or not is pointless. However, it is not necessarily there fault because they can't see why tht corner slipped or why that WR just ran a perfect route. Also, you can't tell why that linemen got beat or what made him get beat (it isn't just because he sucks) coaches film allows you to see footwork from the O line and D line. You can see how the QB is going through progressions better than from the broadcast angle. I also think that the angle is a big reason why you get premium postions that are QB's and DE because it's easier to see them and the angle is teaching you to watch them the entire time. Whenever push comes to shove there are no more value able assets then the OLine an DB's. Of course I am not down playing the importance of the QB because even though I think the postion can be over values when comparing it to other postions it is still the toughest mentally challenging postion in sports... That's why the Peyton Manning and Tom Brady's of the world are so great.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh man did you just ask the perfect question!!! I am very passionate about that topic, the main thing is that you don't know what's going on past maybe the linebackers and you don't really have any clue what is going on in the trenches with the line. I believe that the broadcast angle teaches fans to just watch the ball the whole game as opposed to actually watching what makes the game so great!!! You can't see route concepts so people that do not watch coaches film and try to predict if a WR or a CB can play or not is pointless. However, it is not necessarily there fault because they can't see why tht corner slipped or why that WR just ran a perfect route. Also, you can't tell why that linemen got beat or what made him get beat (it isn't just because he sucks) coaches film allows you to see footwork from the O line and D line. You can see how the QB is going through progressions better than from the broadcast angle. I also think that the angle is a big reason why you get premium postions that are QB's and DE because it's easier to see them and the angle is teaching you to watch them the entire time. Whenever push comes to shove there are no more value able assets then the OLine an DB's. Of course I am not down playing the importance of the QB because even though I think the postion can be over values when comparing it to other postions it is still the toughest mentally challenging postion in sports... That's why the Peyton Manning and Tom Brady's of the world are so great.

i understand exactly what your saying i played football for a long time but im just asking as a fan. like i cn watch the coaches film all day long but unless your in the meeting rooms you really cant 100 pct say what everyone responsibility on the play is. its a different angle and interesting to see it from that way but as a fan that has no say in anything i just dont see the importance of watching that.

Also sidenote IMO your right about Oline but DBS i dont believe are the most valuable asset on the field

VN Store

Back