Alexus Dye out of Troy commits

So if you look at all of the cumulative game stats for the best teams in the country this year, i.e., UCONN, Baylor, Stanford, South Carolina, Maryland, Texas A&M and compare them to Tennessee the number is not that glaring. Tennessee averaged 16.6 per game. All of the other mentioned teams averaged between 12 and 16 turnovers per game with 14 being the most common number. Yes, two possessions can win those close games, but Tennessee's turnovers are about on average with the best teams in the country. 3-4 fewer turnovers per game would put us better than the best in the country. Our Backcourt is returning and will have one more experience under their belt. We should assume the number of turnovers will decrease as these players play with each other more and more. Didn't Jordon Horston have like 2 turnovers on 19 assists towards the end of the season? That's progress and I think Kellie Knows what she is doing.

So if you look at all of the cumulative game stats for the best teams in the country this year, i.e., UCONN, Baylor, Stanford, South Carolina, Maryland, Texas A&M and compare them to Tennessee the number is not that glaring. Tennessee averaged 16.6 per game. All of the other mentioned teams averaged between 12 and 16 turnovers per game with 14 being the most common number. Yes, two possessions can win those close games, but Tennessee's turnovers are about on average with the best teams in the country. 3-4 fewer turnovers per game would put us better than the best in the country. Our Backcourt is returning and will have one more experience under their belt. We should assume the number of turnovers will decrease as these players play with each other more and more. Didn't Jordon Horston have like 2 turnovers on 19 assists towards the end of the season? That's progress and I think Kellie Knows what she is doing.
The last 2 games of the regular season she had something like those assist/TO numbers, but for the last 6 games of the entire year (last 2 regular season, 2 SECT, 2 NCAAT) it was like 27 assists to 19 turnovers. That's still much improved from her freshman year, as was her entire A/TO for the season (1.53 this year compared to 1.07 as a freshman)

As I've said many times before a lot more variables than turnovers in a game. Turnovers are an important stat but there are several other stats just as important as to whether you win or lose.

As I've said many times before a lot more variables than turnovers in a game. Turnovers are an important stat but there are several other stats just as important as to whether you win or lose.

Big difference in when and how the turnovers happened last season as well. They don’t hurt so bad when they are dead ball turnovers caused by aggressive play.

Holly’s last two seasons got everyone fired up about TOs because we were just handing the ball to our opponent for layups or passing it to the third row. Nothing positive about them.

We had a couple of games (the Georgia games in particular) where TOs did really hurt us. We had more live ball TOs against them and they scored on a lot of them.

The last 2 games of the regular season she had something like those assist/TO numbers, but for the last 6 games of the entire year (last 2 regular season, 2 SECT, 2 NCAAT) it was like 27 assists to 19 turnovers. That's still much improved from her freshman year, as was her entire A/TO for the season (1.53 this year compared to 1.07 as a freshman)

To your point: Horston's assists/min actually decreased slightly from freshman to soph yr, form .175 to .154. However, her TO's per min dropped by almost 40%, from .16/min to .1/min. So the ratio improvement wasn't by increasing assists, it was by decreasing TO's. That's a lot of improvement in To's in one year. Hopefully, bodes well for the future.

To your point: Horston's assists/min actually decreased slightly from freshman to soph yr, form .175 to .154. However, her TO's per min dropped by almost 40%, from .16/min to .1/min. So the ratio improvement wasn't by increasing assists, it was by decreasing TO's. That's a lot of improvement in To's in one year. Hopefully, bodes well for the future.
Completely agree, it was more about her limiting turnovers than simply increasing assists. That goes to coaching a lot, but Horston also deserves credit herself!

A lot of video of Alexus Dye on Youtube and if you watch it you find that she is a very active player that can play inside out. She can rebound and take it down the court on the dribble like a guard. Very good at getting in the passing lanes and saving possessions on the offensive boards. Fabulous jump shot to fifteen feet never seen her take one out further than that. I am really glad we have her she will go a very long way in replacing what we lost in Davis. The one thing that has impressed me the more I have watched is the way she can handle the ball. I never expected her to be that great off the dribble.

A lot of video of Alexus Dye on Youtube and if you watch it you find that she is a very active player that can play inside out. She can rebound and take it down the court on the dribble like a guard. Very good at getting in the passing lanes and saving possessions on the offensive boards. Fabulous jump shot to fifteen feet never seen her take one out further than that. I am really glad we have her she will go a very long way in replacing what we lost in Davis. The one thing that has impressed me the more I have watched is the way she can handle the ball. I never expected her to be that great off the dribble.

Really excited that Alexus will be a Lady Vol, think she will really help our team. It’s probably a very wise move on her part, too, as she will get a lot of exposure she might not have had at Troy, if she is interested in playing ball after college. GO ALEXUS!

VN Store

Back