Alexus Dye out of Troy commits

Is that TO figure based on 40 minutes or just on GS?

She averaged 4.2 turnovers per 40 minutes.

If your point is that Dye will be worse in TO's at the 4, then I disagree. She'll be about our average. But if your point is that we need less TO's out of everyone, I can't disagree.

My point is Tennessee desperately needs to improve ball security and three point shooting next season. I'm not expecting Dye to help with either...

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
People who are down about a transfer coming in averaging enough double doubles to lead Division I in that stat fascinate me.

NCAA College Women's Basketball DI current individual Stats | NCAA.com

1Alexus Dye
troy.svg
Troy Sr. 6-0
Charli Collier
texas.svg
Texas Jr. 6-5
Ty Battle
delaware.svg
Delaware Jr. 6-1
Natasha Mack
oklahoma-st.svg
Oklahoma St. Sr. 6-4
Aliyah Boston
south-carolina.svg
South Carolina So. 6-5

Last edited:
@youcancallmeAl
I found the "pace" stats. Troy averaged 83 possessions which was the most in the NCAA. LVs averaged 72 per game about the upper 70th percentile.

The LVs shoot about 14 threes/game and made about 30%. In contrast, UCONN and Arizona shoot 18-20 threes and make 34-36% of them. We are giving up 7+ points per game right there.
The LVs TO rate is 19% (ranked161 in NCAA). In contrast, UCONN is 17% (63rd) and Arizona 15% (26th). We're only giving up around 4 points per game to them on TOs.

Thanks again, good stuff to know. So, if Dye is at 15%, then she is an asset to us in TOs, if I infer from your stats correctly.

She averaged 4.2 turnovers per 40 minutes.

My point is Tennessee desperately needs to improve ball security and three point shooting next season. I'm not expecting Dye to help with either...

What do you think about 37620VOL's PACE stats analysis, which seems to say that Dye IS a turnover asset when compared to the team overall?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
What do you think about 37620VOL's PACE stats analysis, which seems to say that Dye IS a turnover asset when compared to the team overall?

I don't see the math but if she makes 4 turnovers a game but makes good passes and uses sound judgement, I'm probably going to be okay with that. Great defensive plays account for turnovers as do other things like teammate play execution.

I seriously doubt Darth will reach the same conclusion.

Alexus Dye - Basketball (W) - Troy University Athletics

These last posts have been simply outstanding.....I congratulate each of you/guys/girls...I am impressed!

We are all concerned about the large number of wasted offensive possessions our team loses to needless turnovers....It has been an epidemic of lost opportunities, that if it had been corrected in a timely manner, we would have won anywhere from 3-5 more games....

Many of our to's have been the result of the "one more pass syndrome"...Numerous times, our player is open for the driving lay up, but then suddenly makes a pass to a surprised teammate, that too often leads to a turnover....

Another common turn over is the pass to the very covered player....This is often the result of trying to force the ball deep inside the paint to Key, who has two players draped on her like a set of new clothes....

And then there is the long pass turnover, that way too often goes out of bounds, because our girl cannot catch up with the ball, or can't control the long pass when she reaches it....

I don't know how concerned Coach Kellie is about the excessive turnovers, but the team needs more ball security discipline...It's not even debatable.

I won't be surprised if Cardoso announces for UConn in the next day or so. It will be bad news for Ono but will make UConn the most talented teams in WCCB. If she chooses Auburn means she wants to be the center of attention otherwise it will be UConn.

She cant go to Uconn. Do u see how many players Uconn have now, unless she's blind. Surprise she comes to lady vols

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I don't see the math but if she makes 4 turnovers a game but makes good passes and uses sound judgement, I'm probably going to be okay with that. Great defensive plays account for turnovers as do other things like teammate play execution.

I seriously doubt Darth will reach the same conclusion.

Alexus Dye - Basketball (W) - Troy University Athletics

Thanks for the link. The thing I like about this pick up is that IF she can perform to these numbers in the SEC vs mid major, then she is an upgrade over KK last year, and by quite a bit - 10 ppg and 6.5 rpg more. That helps make up the loss of Davis in both categories. But that's a big if. Maybe she does closer to what KK did. And that's the fun of following sports - we shall see.

Against two SEC teams, she scored 26 points and 20 points. That's a 23 point average against SEC competition. Her shooting percentage was very good also. She went for 30 points against MTSU. Those are some pretty good numbers. Looking forward to seeing what she can do for us.

What Alexus brings is a high motor that really plays aggressive basketball. Look for her to get in foul trouble in a lot of games. She brings the intensity and works very hard on the boards and getting open on the offensive end. Averaged 16.6 in 27 minutes a game. That is 24.6 points per forty minutes of play. Also 18.8 rebounds per forty minutes. She can play against any level of competition going to be fun to watch wish she had more than one season.

Cardoso's presence in UT line up, if she so decides, will practically seal National championship.

To set another record straight on Dye 79 turnovers in 28 games which is 2.82 turnovers per games. She collected 102 offensive rebounds in 28 games 3.64 offensive rebounds per game. This makes her a positive .82 or almost 1 possession a game. She does not cost you possessions she creates more than she causes. I didn't even add her 1.1 steals per game which would also relate to 31 more possessions for the team and put her well over positive 1 plus positive possession per game.

To set another record straight on Dye 79 turnovers in 28 games which is 2.82 turnovers per games. She collected 102 offensive rebounds in 28 games 3.64 offensive rebounds per game. This makes her a positive .82 or almost 1 possession a game. She does not cost you possessions she creates more than she causes. I didn't even add her 1.1 steals per game which would also relate to 31 more possessions for the team and put her well over positive 1 plus positive possession per game.

She averaged about 27 minutes per game. That means she is not amassing those per game rebounds and scoring stats by playing the entire game, those stats come in reasonable minutes played per game, which gives us more confidence she can be productive for us. on the other hand, those stats did not come in SEC play.

She averaged about 27 minutes per game. That means she is not amassing those per game rebounds and scoring stats by playing the entire game, those stats come in reasonable minutes played per game, which gives us more confidence she can be productive for us. on the other hand, those stats did not come in SEC play.
Yes her forty minute stats were 24.4 ppg and 18.8 rpg. I figure she may get in foul trouble a lot and thus the 27 minute average per game. She really gets after it on the boards sure she is an easy mark for some fouls inside working for those rebounds.

Yes her forty minute stats were 24.4 ppg and 18.8 rpg. I figure she may get in foul trouble a lot and thus the 27 minute average per game. She really gets after it on the boards sure she is an easy mark for some fouls inside working for those rebounds.

She averaged 2.7 fpg. She fouled out in a few and appeared to be in trouble in a half dozen or more. So those stats don't tell me she's foul prone. Probaly depends on matchups for her. If she runs into real physcial 4's in the SEC, then...... I'm thinking her quickness and aggressiveness will translate well to the SEC, hoping her game won't translate into too many fouls, and if her match-up is too physical for her, we have Green and Suarez and Striplin to protect her.

I really think Harper got her due to 1) inexperience in the post and at the 4, and 2) uncertainty about Green and Suarez health, given what they went through last season, and 3) she brings versatility and athleticism.

Even without a 3 point shot, could Dye play the three? What does her ball handling look like? Can she be a slasher/Onyenwere type sf/pf hybrid
I'd say yes but think we'll use her at the four on defense and we may run a one post offense because she has a great perimeter game and also can take it off the bounce and score inside.

I'd say yes but think we'll use her at the four on defense and we may run a one post offense because she has a great perimeter game and also can take it off the bounce and score inside.
Alexus is a player...plays very strong and hard worker...I don't know if her game is consistent enough to play at 3...she's more of a hybrid 3/4 [more 4, and good from 15ft in] ...She will be a huge asset for the LV's and she's FEARLESS...💪😠 👍🧡

VN Store

Back