Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I saw your post and made a comment. I then read the other posts that had been made about the post turtle and realized I was way late to the party.
I went back in and erased my post and replaced it with:

Sorry.......beyond late on that one.

Jump to incorrect conclusions much?

I saw your post and made a comment. I then read the other posts that had been made about the post turtle and realized I was way late to the party.
I went back in and erased my post and replaced it with:

Sorry.......beyond late on that one.

Jump to incorrect conclusions much?

My apologies then.

TDS is one thing (since shitboy is POTUS), but the acute obsession with a freshman congresswoman from a collective group of you old ****ers signifies, at the very least, some sense of discomfort or fear. Like, there could easily be a thread on how ****ing dumb/antiquated/similar to a turtle McConnell is, or how Schumer might be an android... yet we have thousands of posts about a freshman politician.

Why? The memes are weak af, she has little to no bearing on policy, and she offers little more than a whipping post for you boomers to have a go. Y'all raised us, so who is the real joke here?

All I learned here is that your sense of humor is fuggin' pedestrian.

Reactions: tvolsfan
TDS is one thing (since shitboy is POTUS), but the acute obsession with a freshman congresswoman from a collective group of you old ****ers signifies, at the very least, some sense of discomfort or fear. Like, there could easily be a thread on how ****ing dumb/antiquated/similar to a turtle McConnell is, or how Schumer might be an android... yet we have thousands of posts about a freshman politician.

Why? The memes are weak af, she has little to no bearing on policy, and she offers little more than a whipping post for you boomers to have a go. Y'all raised us, so who is the real joke here?

Lol.

The level of discomfort i have isn’t because she’s a young Latin girl from the Bronx, and not just because of her batshit crazy political stances, but how widespread the positive feedback she’s received from the left and the TV appearances she made even before being an elected freshman congresswoman. Trevor Noah, Colbert, hell she made a speech for everyone to slobber over for sundance . She’s a complete joke and would be a disaster if more people start to fall in line with her ideals and she continues to rise through the ranks in D.C. The celebration for AOC and Omar are troubling to me because they have zero substance whatsoever. Yet they are celebrated because they are minority women and dammit it’s time for women to be heard. Fine Be heard, IDGAF, but have something worth hearing. Have substance. My disdain has nothing to do with gender, race or religion, although some of Omar’s past and recent comments should raise a few eyebrow and the fact that Omar’s district is one of the most highly recruited areas, if not the most, highly recruited area fo Islamic extremist in this country is alarming. People are so overwhelmingly blinded by their hate for Trump that they aren’t thinking about the consequences of what they have brought to Washington.

BTW, I’m a 36 yo white guy who is pretty socially liberal when it comes to a lot of things, so i don’t think i fit the narrative of sexist, homophobe who doesn’t think opportunity shouldn’t exist for everyone. I do, but for the right reasons. And this ain’t it.

The level of discomfort i have isn’t because she’s a young Latin girl from the Bronx, and not just because of her batshit crazy political stances, but how widespread the positive feedback she’s received from the left and the TV appearances she made even before being an elected freshman congresswoman. Trevor Noah, Colbert, hell she made a speech for everyone to slobber over for sundance . She’s a complete joke and would be a disaster if more people start to fall in line with her ideals and she continues to rise through the ranks in D.C. The celebration for AOC and Omar are troubling to me because they have zero substance whatsoever. Yet they are celebrated because they are minority women and dammit it’s time for women to be heard. Fine Be heard, IDGAF, but have something worth hearing. Have substance. My disdain has nothing to do with gender, race or religion, although some of Omar’s past and recent comments should raise a few eyebrow and the fact that Omar’s district is one of the most highly recruited areas, if not the most, highly recruited area fo Islamic extremist in this country is alarming. People are so overwhelmingly blinded by their hate for Trump that they aren’t thinking about the consequences of what they have brought to Washington.

BTW, I’m a 36 yo white guy who is pretty socially liberal when it comes to a lot of things, so i don’t think i fit the narrative of sexist, homophobe who doesn’t think opportunity shouldn’t exist for everyone. I do, but for the right reasons. And this ain’t it.

So are you butthurt about what public media figures say, or are you *extra butthurt over how people a decade your junior think?

Lol.

She won through our flawless democratic process. She is still one of your congressional reps. You shall live.

So are you butthurt about what public media figures say, or are you *extra butthurt over how people a decade your junior think?

Lol.

She won through our flawless democratic process. She is still one of your congressional reps. You shall live.

Butthurt is probably not the phrase I would use to describe my feelings towards her. It’s probably best summed up as “Are you ****in serious with this?” We are still giving her air time as a freshman congresswoman and no equity built at all.

Last edited:
Butthurt is probably not the phrase I would use to describe my feelings towards her. It’s probably best summed up as “Are you ****in serious with this?” We are still giving her air time as a freshman congresswoman and not equity built at all.

The only air time being given around here is the 120 page thread.

I think there is a mixture of both.

If you're you're going to put yourself out there in the public eye, i.e. run for office and you say stupid stuff, I think you can expect to be skull dragged over it. If you continually do it time after time, who's fault is it? What's the old saying? "Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice shame on me."

You're implication that because people make fun of her, they are somehow scared of her, is wrong imo. That's one reason I come over here to the political forum, to see what she's done now. It gives me a quick chuckle. That and the meme thread.

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back