Alex Smithson from Murfressboro

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
I keep hearing that he will be our next commit.

anyone have any info?

<H3>Evaluation
Smithson is a solid run defender. He will play some end in high school, but he will likely be a full-time interior player at the college level. He has good size and looks on film to carry his weight well and should be able to add additional good bulk once he gets into a college weight program. He has a very adequate get-off. He does not have an ideal stance to allow him to be explosive and needs to learn to crowd the ball more. He is a tough player at the point of attack. Needs to be more consistent, but does a good job of shooting his hands and creating separation. When he derives power from his hips coming out of his stance he can be tough to move off the line of scrimmage and is capable of knocking a blocker into the backfield. Needs to be more consistent at generating power from his lower body. Does an adequate job of taking on blocks, staying square, and being able to shed. When he gets to half-a-man he can push his way up-field and be disruptive in the backfield. He has a good motor and is an solid tackler. The strength of his game looks to be playing the run and defending a gap. As a pass rusher he displays the power to be able to bull rush and collapse the pocket some. He needs to keep working to develop pass rush moves and use his hands more. Displays adequate speed and short-area change-of-direction skills. Smithson is a solid defensive tackle prospect. He is a thickly built kid that can be a good run defender at the college level.
</H3>
this is all I could find

I'll be ecstatic when we have some true run clogging DTs again in the vein of Darwin Walker, John Henderson, etc.

is he any good? Riverdale is tough football school, but can he play in the SEC? anyone that's seen him play?

is he any good? Riverdale is tough football school, but can he play in the SEC? anyone that's seen him play?

I've got some family in the area. I'll ask them this evening. Maybe I can make a game this season and check him out myself.

Rivals don't even have him listed. Or at least I can't find him. If he commits to UT, they will get him on their pretty quick. That is the way it was with Montori Hughes. Nobody had ever heard of him but when he committed to UT, he was on their site and rated soon after.

I go to Riverdale. I have seen him around campus. I never really noticed him during the games. He is no whaere near as good as our DT last year LaDarrius Verge. He went to UT Martin.

VN Store

Back