Alex Golesh UT OC - What were you thinking?????

😂😂😂. You act like this dude has never threw a good deep ball in practice, also his first one was in the bread box, but that one doesn’t count, right? If you can dial up deep shots that are wide open, then every coach in the world would make those calls. Stick to screaming at your Tv plz

Probably never have been so mad at my curved 55" TV than I was the other day FFing through the game.

* We had an early lead of 7-0
* It's a known fact that QB Milton, who has a rocket of an arm, tends to over throw his receivers
* So, instead of grinding it out and getting first downs w short passes and runs - which in terms keeps our D on the sidelines resting, Coach Golesh attempts an air raid on the Pitt secondary and wants to run the score up
* It doesn't work on one series, so hey, let's try another series of 3 and out and well, how about yet even another. Why not? After all, I am the UT OC and I know what I'm doing
* WRONG!!!!!!!!!
* I don't blame Milton for one second for his errant throws because the coaching staff knew that going into the game. Of course I wish the kid was accurate, but he's a Hairball UM reject. Nuff said.

We had the chance to set the pace early in this game and keep momentum on our sides. Instead, the fans and players are disappointed w Milton's long tosses when all the time, it's the guy calling these repetitive plays that deserves the blame.

Coach Golesh - Please use the talent you have on the team properly. I know other teams might be better and or have more scholarship players, so that makes your job, IMO, the single most important job every Saturday afternoon. We have good kids who want to win and deserve to win but, can only do so with proper play calling. And personally, all I want is a W at the end of the game. I don't need a blow out to satisfy my fragile ego.

First downs, not touchdowns, is a philosophy most successful football teams adhere to as their MO. Grind it out, move the yard sticks, wear down their defense, control the clock and you will score points. And your fresh as a daisy defense will thank you by stopping their offense.

It’s like you’ve not been here since 1998. We haven’t been a good team and lost a tremendous amount of transfers. Many players that would start. It’s going to to be two years, and maybe in three we lose to Jaime state team Florida Stare just did??

Probably never have been so mad at my curved 55" TV than I was the other day FFing through the game.

* It's a known fact that QB Milton, who has a rocket of an arm, tends to over throw his receivers
* So, instead of grinding it out and getting first downs w short passes and runs - which in terms keeps our D on the sidelines resting, Coach Golesh attempts an air raid on the Pitt secondary and wants to run the score up
* It doesn't work on one series, so hey, let's try another series of 3 and out and well, how about yet even another. Why not? After all, I am the UT OC and I know what I'm doing
* WRONG!!!!!!!!!
* I don't blame Milton for one second for his errant throws because the coaching staff knew that going into the game. Of course I wish the kid was accurate, but he's a Hairball UM reject. Nuff said.

We had the chance to set the pace early in this game and keep momentum on our sides. Instead, the fans and players are disappointed w Milton's long tosses when all the time, it's the guy calling these repetitive plays that deserves the blame.

Coach Golesh - Please use the talent you have on the team properly. I know other teams might be better and or have more scholarship players, so that makes your job, IMO, the single most important job every Saturday afternoon. We have good kids who want to win and deserve to win but, can only do so with proper play calling. And personally, all I want is a W at the end of the game. I don't need a blow out to satisfy my fragile ego.

First downs, not touchdowns, is a philosophy most successful football teams adhere to as their MO. Grind it out, move the yard sticks, wear down their defense, control the clock and you will score points. And your fresh as a daisy defense will thank you by stopping their offense.
Enough blame to go around, however, have you considered that throwing the bomb albeit incomplete that it loosens up the defense? They can't be crowding the LOS when the deep threat is there, which should open up/help the running game. You have to keep the D guessing. If you watched the end of the Raiders/Ravens game you saw what it cost the ravens when they were all expecting the 5 yard pass, crowding the LOS, the coaches with balls had the QB toss an easy TD pass.

We're going to have to learn to live with that. Lining up under center is not practiced and it is not in the playbook. Our QBs have not touched the hiney of a center in the last 9 months.

Um they said they have packages for under center

* WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Just go ahead and send me your resume so I can make sure Danny White has it in hand and you can be the savior in Knoxville.

Let's not forget lining up in the shotgun when its 4th and 3 inches.......🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Living up in the PNW I've had a chance to see Leach @ WSU up close and personal, and that was always a huge gripe of mine about this brand of offense. When you get down to the goalline don't overcomplicate things, bring in two tight ends, a fullback, and take four cracks at it. If you can't pick up a yard, you don't deserve to win the game.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
And here I thought he dialed up some excellent play calls with multiple receivers open for TDs on each series. It's clearly insane for him to think that his QB might complete a minimum of 1 out of 3. The one to Tillman was a pass most HS QBs could complete.
My thoughts exactly.

Our RBs had 33 yards on 20 carries so trying to run it down their throats would have had the same result as overthrowing open downfield receivers. Our effective plays were short passes and QB scrambles.

* WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Agree with Nothing you said!!!
Sounds like you prefer the Jeremy Pruitt, no score offensive playbook.
No thanks!!! I prefer we try to score every possession!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This is so funny to me. The UCF fanbase complain about the same things when Golesh and Huepel at UCF. I thought he called a good game against Pittsburgh. If Milton hit at least 2 of the deep throws you win by 2 td's.This fanbase need to be pushing for Malzahn to come to Tennessee if Huepel leave. The job that he his doing with that team and the way he utilize my nephew Brandon is amazing. Brandon has 12 catches and 2 tds already in 2 games.

Reactions: knox73
I actually think he called a pretty good game. Milton connects on those throws we win by a couple of scores. Blame Heupel for betting the farm on Milton. Hooker doesn’t overthrow the receiver on either of those plays.

This staff has schemed up some really good calls... Execution and throws has been the problem other than the 4th and inches... End of strory

I'm pretty sure that Heupel calls the plays anyway. Either way, the plays worked. If the Milton could hit wide open receivers, none of that matters. I can't blame play calling for the QB missing open receivers.

This is so funny to me. The UCF fanbase complain about the same things when Golesh and Huepel at UCF. I thought he called a good game against Pittsburgh. If Milton hit at least 2 of the deep throws you win by 2 td's.This fanbase need to be pushing for Malzahn to come to Tennessee if Huepel leave. The job that he his doing with that team and the way he utilize my nephew Brandon is amazing. Brandon has 12 catches and 2 tds already in 2 games.
The English language is an abstract work of art in your hands. 🧐

VN Store

Back