Albany DE Jared Verse (transfer - FSU commit)

SAE-vee-on Williams says HELLO

remember how hype y’all got over Savion Williams. Stop pumping

IF he turns out to be a world-stopper we missed

we shall see

Sheesh. Gotta be honest, when Savion committed I was extremely pumped. I thought he was gonna be an anchor on the DL.

Boy was I wrong.

Haha y’all are so easily triggered. I’m a very positive Vol fan but you’re kidding yourself if you’re saying this isn’t a big loss/missed opportunity. This kid is gonna start day one at FSU and end up in the NFL. Look at his offer list. Watch our abysmal DL play on film this year… it’s very obvious.
You are not a very positive vol fan at all… if you are even a fan lol you are so negative exclusively… what makes this a big miss? And our DL was far from abysmal definitely not elite but a very solid unit who will get better with another offseason under RG… this staff has proven that the culture is truly improved and players work and get better… a year of film and experience will do wonders for quite a few players on defense but continue in your “positivity” and keep bashing the coaches and players…

Is there proof in the pudding that we are actually being more selective? Just curious. I've seen this mentioned and L.A. has said as much, so I tend to "buy" it.

But we also offered 484 kids this cycle. That's pretty nuts lol. Shoot, we've already offered over 300 for next cycle. What evidence there is doesn't seem to point to a selective strategy, but rather a wide net strategy like Pruitt and, to a lesser degree, Butch.

I'm fine with either tbh, as we don't seem in great position to be overly selective anyway. When I think of selective, I think of Clemson. Since Dabo arrived, they typically offer 100 or fewer. Maybe a bit more some years. It's a different type of approach, but meh whatever.
I am referencing only the transfer portal.

You are not a very positive vol fan at all… if you are even a fan lol you are so negative exclusively… what makes this a big miss? And our DL was far from abysmal definitely not elite but a very solid unit who will get better with another offseason under RG… this staff has proven that the culture is truly improved and players work and get better… a year of film and experience will do wonders for quite a few players on defense but continue in your “positivity” and keep bashing the coaches and players…

You're like an idiot savant without the savant part.

Triggered? Not in the slightest. We can look at the offer list all day long. But where is the guarantee he would have started here? And if you think that this guy would fix our DL issues then you are nuts. But hey man keep up your schtick. It’s very comical to say the least.

Like I have said, you would be complaining if Garner would have gotten this guy out of HS. Now he is some kind of can’t miss stud that’s gonna be the next Barnett.
He is more developed now. Filled out compared to HS.

Every other team is developing their players as well. We need better players. We can’t develop our way out of the lack of DL push we have seen the last few years.

I get that. But we can’t make these guys come here. It’s the situation we are in right now. You consistently talking about how we need better players and how bad our DL is gonna be is ridiculous.

Reactions: VOLATNES
What I said was opinion, which is the very reason discussion boards exist. Yes.. even if you disagree.

Then why do you take exception to someone having an opinion on your opinion? Just like the sports discussed on these sites, you are what your record says you are. When your primary defense of your work is freedom of speech there is normally a bigger problem.

Reactions: SugarCC

VN Store

Back