Albany DE Jared Verse (transfer - FSU commit)

That is what this seems like based on what typically happens. But this kid has approached the process in a way that I would be surprised if that is the case
I don't think he's being a diva or jackass. He's doing his due diligence and taking the decision very seriously, as any smart/responsible person would. I don't blame him for doing this much measuring. I hope we land him because he seems focused and mature.

Still easier to get 9 wins in the ACC than the SECโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Idk. Depends on the schedule. Iโ€™m not sure there were any great teams in the SEC this year outside of Alabama and Georgia. Clemson played Georgia closer than anyone.

Miss State got shellacked by TTU. Kentucky scraped by Iowa. Wake Forest was pretty good this year. Florida was garbage and lost to a G5.

Personally, I donโ€™t think the gap between the SEC and everyone else is anywhere near as large as it used to be. Itโ€™s an extremely top heavy conference.

With what we have and hiping what weโ€™re gonna have, our schedule has at least 9 wins

Next yearโ€™s schedule is the easiest itโ€™s been sinceโ€ฆwell this year. We have to capitalize on this for once. If the defense makes marginal improvements and the offense just stays exactly where itโ€™s at we should be able to get 9 wins.

Idk. Depends on the schedule. Iโ€™m not sure there were any great teams in the SEC this year outside of Alabama and Georgia. Clemson played Georgia closer than anyone.

Miss State got shellacked by TTU. Kentucky scraped by Iowa. Wake Forest was pretty good this year. Florida was garbage and lost to a G5.

Personally, I donโ€™t think the gap between the SEC and everyone else is anywhere near as large as it used to be. Itโ€™s an extremely top heavy conference.
UT is trending slightly more than FSU, but not much more. Verse isnโ€™t going to either school anyway. My bet would be Miamiโ€ฆ..

Reactions: onevol74
UT is trending slightly more than FSU, but not much more. Verse isnโ€™t going to either school anyway. My bet would be Miamiโ€ฆ..

He's not visited Miami, correct? I just don't think this kid - who has demonstrated that he is fairly discerning throughout this process - is going to go to a school he's not seen with his own two eyes, even if he has some famililarity with the coach.

I don't think he's being a diva or jackass. He's doing his due diligence and taking the decision very seriously, as any smart/responsible person would. I don't blame him for doing this much measuring. I hope we land him because he seems focused and mature.
I am wondering if it's due diligence, which I completely respect, or as more offers come in is he listening to other teams now and getting more confused??
I have no idea, just thinking of possibilities he might be facing.

Next yearโ€™s schedule is the easiest itโ€™s been sinceโ€ฆwell this year. We have to capitalize on this for once. If the defense makes marginal improvements and the offense just stays exactly where itโ€™s at we should be able to get 9 wins.

Tennessee had to play the 2 best teams in the west and the ACC champion, on top of its East schedule. Thatโ€™s nothing to โ€œcapitalizeโ€ on. More like โ€œsurvive.โ€

Pitt will be down from this year, LSU next year wonโ€™t be close to what Ole Miss was this year, and the Florida team we play wonโ€™t be the same as the early season 2021 team that nearly beat Bama. Those are all 2021 losses that should become 2022 wins. As for 2021 wins, I donโ€™t see any of them becoming losses. Kentucky will drop off some. Missouri, no, South Carolina, doubtful.

Tennessee had to play the 2 best teams in the west and the ACC champion, on top of its East schedule. Thatโ€™s nothing to โ€œcapitalizeโ€ on. More like โ€œsurvive.โ€

Pitt will be down from this year, LSU next year wonโ€™t be close to what Ole Miss was this year, and the Florida team we play wonโ€™t be the same as the early season 2021 team that nearly beat Bama. Those are all 2021 losses that should become 2022 wins. As for 2021 wins, I donโ€™t see any of them becoming losses. Kentucky will drop off some. Missouri, no, South Carolina, doubtful.
i think for the first time, in maybe a long time, next year's results have a lot more to do with what Tennessee does for Tennessee, than having to worry about our opponents quality or lack thereof.

which is a good thing. i don't necessarily think/know the schedule is easier per se....but i don't look at anyone on the schedule outside of Georgia or Alabama and think it's an L or probable L.

outside those two games....bring it.

i think for the first time, in maybe a long time, next year's results have a lot more to do with what Tennessee does for Tennessee, than having to worry about our opponents quality or lack thereof.

which is a good thing. i don't necessarily think/know the schedule is easier per se....but i don't look at anyone on the schedule outside of Georgia or Alabama and think it's an L or probable L.

outside those two games....bring it.

Exactly my take. Losing any of those 10 games would be an upset. Yes, someone could upset Tennessee. But Tennessee could upset one of the 2 probable losses, as well.

VN Store

Back