Alabama game

Do you like losing by 38 at least every season like a almost certain guarantee at this point. I don’t not at all I would rather just cut our losses at this point and drop them off the schedule. Arkansas or Ole Miss would be a much more compelling and competitive game every season than Bama. They are a legitimate semi pro team at this point and we are the Washington Generals it’s beyond embarrassing.

I like having the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Even if it hasn’t worked out for a while, we are always 365 days away from another shot. Imagine losing for the 13th time to them in a row and then having to wait 6 or more years to try and rectify the situation again. At that rate we may never beat them again in my lifetime. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. If you choose not to play them, it doesn’t make you a winner. You are still a loser until you beat them

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I'm just waiting patiently for Saban to retire and UT to finaly "hit" on a coach. Then things will be more equal.

Also......although I'm not the greatest player in the world, or as good as I was when I was younger, I ain't afraid to play anyone and certainly wouldn't back out of a match because I was scared to loose.
Your suggestion screams fear......but I bet that more people think that way on the inside than are willing to admit.

I think his suggestion scream frustration, and I don’t blame him. I don’t want to get rid of the game, but it certainly isn’t fun or interesting anymore.

Reactions: volfaninky
Rivalry? I'd say Enemy is more accurate. You don't defeat the enemy by running away from them. Should we also move to the Southern Conference?

While drinking Patron Silver at the TN beat down of MO a couple years ago, I noticed a dude in crimson (no outward logo) at the bar. Realizing he wasn't from MO or God's country, I asked him why he was there... He opened up his coat and had 10+ Pins that said F@#! Tennessee. He said he'd travel anywhere to see Tennessee get beat. So, I bought him a shot, because he gets it.

Rivalry? I'd say Enemy is more accurate. You don't defeat the enemy by running away from them. Should we also move to the Southern Conference?

While drinking Patron Silver at the TN beat down of MO a couple years ago, I noticed a dude in crimson (no outward logo) at the bar. Realizing he wasn't from MO or God's country, I asked him why he was there... He opened up his coat and had 10+ Pins that said F@#! Tennessee. He said he'd travel anywhere to see Tennessee get beat. So, I bought him a shot, because he gets it.
Dude I’ve despised Bama more than any other team and that’s the one team I want to beat more than any other I was raised that way. It’s just depressing to see the state of this game now it’s a hopeless feeling like we will never beat those guys again or even make them sweat to beat us. They out recruit us 10 to 1 and even take our best players thru transfer. It’s a very frustrating feeling to be treated like Vandy to those guys now and in another league. It’s like if we can’t step it up soon and this administration can’t dedicate themselves to making our football program better and nationally revelant again then it’s like what’s the point. I just want a SEC contending Tennessee football team again is that too much to ask?

Would you guys be in favor of ending this annual rivalry or keep it going? Personally I think it’s time we got rid of it I wouldn’t miss losing 45-10 or whatever every season. I say we start playing Ole Miss again or Arkansas both teams that we used to play every year. I especially miss the Ole Miss game we used to always play them in November and end our season against Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy. Now I’m sure I’m going to get roasted here for suggesting such a thing, but what does playing Alabama every year and getting our heads kicked in by 30 points every season do for us really? We have lost 14 straight def going to be 15 and more than likely this streak hits 20 games. This game used to be a great rivalry me and my dad went every year from 1989-1997 and we looked forward to it it was a marquee big SEC game of the season now it’s a joke a cupcake game for Bama and they can smoke their cigars every year and laugh at us. This game no longer has any meaning or revelance to the younger fans especially and they aren’t in our division so it would be easy to drop them off the schedule.
Can't beat them; so let's not play them....How bout UT build a team that can beat them. All roads to an SEC championship lead through Alabama.

Where do you get the idea that we, as fans, have any choice in the matter? If we are going to remove teams from our schedule because we can't beat them, we might as well move to a weaker conference. We need to play better, stronger, faster and smarter if we want to win, not remove challenges!

Last edited:
Reactions: TJSVOLS
I’d be all for getting rid of permanent rivalries all together and just rotating 2 west teams each season. I love playing different teams. It might actually help the Bama “rivalry” if we just play them every 3/4 years. It’ll be a huge deal each time. As it stands right now, we bring up the times 20 years ago when this game was competitive each year before getting our teeth stomped in.

I’d be all for getting rid of permanent rivalries all together and just rotating 2 west teams each season. I love playing different teams. It might actually help the Bama “rivalry” if we just play them every 3/4 years. It’ll be a huge deal each time. As it stands right now, we bring up the times 20 years ago when this game was competitive each year before getting our teeth stomped in.
I couldn’t agree more

Reactions: USF grad in TN
Would you guys be in favor of ending this annual rivalry or keep it going? Personally I think it’s time we got rid of it I wouldn’t miss losing 45-10 or whatever every season. I say we start playing Ole Miss again or Arkansas both teams that we used to play every year. I especially miss the Ole Miss game we used to always play them in November and end our season against Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy. Now I’m sure I’m going to get roasted here for suggesting such a thing, but what does playing Alabama every year and getting our heads kicked in by 30 points every season do for us really? We have lost 14 straight def going to be 15 and more than likely this streak hits 20 games. This game used to be a great rivalry me and my dad went every year from 1989-1997 and we looked forward to it it was a marquee big SEC game of the season now it’s a joke a cupcake game for Bama and they can smoke their cigars every year and laugh at us. This game no longer has any meaning or revelance to the younger fans especially and they aren’t in our division so it would be easy to drop them off the schedule.
Was you say ending it in the 90’s where we won like 7 or 8 in row. Or are you old enough to remember when we used to beat Bama like a drum. But now we going through a spell and all of sudden let’s stop. Eventually we will beat them and in order to be the best you have to beat the best. we had them beat with Lane Kiffin and Butch Jones that one year. It will happen but who knows when.

You say drop the Bama game and add Ole Miss. Did you just watch what there offense done to Bama last year with Kiffin? Ole Miss will be a force to be reckon with in the west and will give Bama fits every year. Rather keep the rivalry going and when we finally beat them it will make it that much better.

Would you have been in favor of dropping the Kentucky-Tennessee basketball game back in the day? After all, they beat us 20 in a row at one point.

OP did you want Tn to quit playing Bama when they ran off 8 straight against them because it wasnt fun anymore beating them every year?

Jeez. Even I can't stand Al's "UT sucks so much" threads.
Do you think there is anything to divisions being cancelled? I listen to a decent amount of college sports radio and it seems that a lot of talking heads are trying to run with the idea that with the 12 team CFP happening conferences should get rid of divisions. You hearing any rumblings of this or this possibly gaining momentum? No matter what happens we should never not play IMO. You guys just have the greatest coach in college football history for 15+ years.

You want us to drop Florida too?
MAN UP OP!!
Don’t be a
1623960168063.gif

VN Store

Back