Alabama game

BigOrangeAl 1979

Would you guys be in favor of ending this annual rivalry or keep it going? Personally I think it’s time we got rid of it I wouldn’t miss losing 45-10 or whatever every season. I say we start playing Ole Miss again or Arkansas both teams that we used to play every year. I especially miss the Ole Miss game we used to always play them in November and end our season against Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy. Now I’m sure I’m going to get roasted here for suggesting such a thing, but what does playing Alabama every year and getting our heads kicked in by 30 points every season do for us really? We have lost 14 straight def going to be 15 and more than likely this streak hits 20 games. This game used to be a great rivalry me and my dad went every year from 1989-1997 and we looked forward to it it was a marquee big SEC game of the season now it’s a joke a cupcake game for Bama and they can smoke their cigars every year and laugh at us. This game no longer has any meaning or revelance to the younger fans especially and they aren’t in our division so it would be easy to drop them off the schedule.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
I'm just waiting patiently for Saban to retire and UT to finaly "hit" on a coach. Then things will be more equal.

Also......although I'm not the greatest player in the world, or as good as I was when I was younger, I ain't afraid to play anyone and certainly wouldn't back out of a match because I was scared to loose.
Your suggestion screams fear......but I bet that more people think that way on the inside than are willing to admit.

Who in the East would be stupid enough to take bama as the permanent cross division rival?
We are safe, not ever changing playing them every year.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
1ed4b9d2d719571364a79e69147f45ff.gif

The.problem is, we don't have any one main rival IMO. Some years I think it's Florida, some years Georgia, use to be BAMA, lately it has been Vandy.
Normally I don't consider VANDY a rival because they are not usually competitive against us and Bama probably doesn't consider us much of a rival anymore. Bama considers Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Clemson as their main rivals these days.

Do you really have a rivalry if only one team thinks it's a rivalry?

The.problem is, we don't have any one main rival IMO. Some years I think it's Florida, some years Georgia, use to be BAMA, lately it has been Vandy.
Normally I don't consider VANDY a rival because they are not usually competitive against us and Bama probably doesn't consider us much of a rival anymore. Bama considers Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Clemson as their main rivals these days.

Do you really have a rivalry if only one team thinks it's a rivalry?
Good point I think here recently that Vandy, South Carolina and Kentucky have become more of a rivalry games than Georgia, Florida and Bama. Now the younger generation born post 1990 I think consider Georgia and Florida more rivals than Alabama even though Georgia and Florida has dominated us too since 2008. They say for it to be a rivalry the other team has to win some and we don’t win much if at all against the big three. Since 2008 we have just a combined 4 wins against them that’s pathetic.

I look forward to all UT games but like most vol fans there are 3 in-particular that are most important and only come around once every 365 days. Florida, Bama, and Georgia. Why would you attempt to steal away one of those days from me and replace it with Arkansas? Because you are afraid to lose? GTFO

I look forward to all UT games but like most vol fans there are 3 in-particular that are most important and only come around once every 365 days. Florida, Bama, and Georgia. Why would you attempt to steal away one of those days from me and replace it with Arkansas? Because you are afraid to lose? GTFO
Do you like losing by 38 at least every season like a almost certain guarantee at this point. I don’t not at all I would rather just cut our losses at this point and drop them off the schedule. Arkansas or Ole Miss would be a much more compelling and competitive game every season than Bama. They are a legitimate semi pro team at this point and we are the Washington Generals it’s beyond embarrassing.

The two big SEC games of the year for UT when I was growing up pre divisions was Auburn and Alabama. It’s sad what the third Saturday in October has become.

Would you guys be in favor of ending this annual rivalry or keep it going? Personally I think it’s time we got rid of it I wouldn’t miss losing 45-10 or whatever every season. I say we start playing Ole Miss again or Arkansas both teams that we used to play every year. I especially miss the Ole Miss game we used to always play them in November and end our season against Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy. Now I’m sure I’m going to get roasted here for suggesting such a thing, but what does playing Alabama every year and getting our heads kicked in by 30 points every season do for us really? We have lost 14 straight def going to be 15 and more than likely this streak hits 20 games. This game used to be a great rivalry me and my dad went every year from 1989-1997 and we looked forward to it it was a marquee big SEC game of the season now it’s a joke a cupcake game for Bama and they can smoke their cigars every year and laugh at us. This game no longer has any meaning or revelance to the younger fans especially and they aren’t in our division so it would be easy to drop them off the schedule.

Just another freaking stupid, idiotic trolling post from '79. Must live a miserable life always wanting others to feel the same.
We'll beat the cheating tree-killers, tea-baggers again, soon. However, I'd rather remember the era when we won 9 of 10 and 10 of 12 versus the knuckle-draggers instead being reminded by a troll of our current situation.

Just another freaking stupid, idiotic trolling post from '79. Must live a miserable life always wanting others to feel the same.
We'll beat the cheating tree-killers, tea-baggers again, soon. However, I'd rather remember the era when we won 9 of 10 and 10 of 12 versus the knuckle-draggers instead being reminded by a troll of our current situation.
Do you think we will beat them before 2030? Or even be halfway competitive with them? Honest answer

VN Store

Back