Alabama football: At least five players have reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate to say it, and barring miracle, but this is best hope for football
Players will opt out of a spring season to protect their bodies, you cannot ask a kid to play football from February to May then ask him to turnaround and play again in August. This is more of a threat to them than covid

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Players will opt out of a spring season to protect their bodies, you cannot ask a kid to play football from February to May then ask him to turnaround and play again in August. This is more of a threat to them than covid

If they do a spring season it'll have to be shortened. Like an 8 game conference season, no playoff, no bowls. Then they'd have to push back the fall season.

And the draftable players aren’t going to risk millions . There are so many moving parts it seems impossible. I think an abbreviated schedule or moving it back the start to October may be the ticket.

If they do a spring season it'll have to be shortened. Like an 8 game conference season, no playoff, no bowls. Then they'd have to push back the fall season.

I'm not sure there is an agreed upon definition of what a "spring" season is. Mid-March to Mid-June? That's traditionally 'Spring".

Players will opt out of a spring season to protect their bodies, you cannot ask a kid to play football from February to May then ask him to turnaround and play again in August. This is more of a threat to them than covid[/QUOT

agree with you.
i wasn't advocating spring football --- but university ipresidents (particularly big 10) will push for it and that the SEC and Big 12 will cave to the pressure

Doubt it would go 3 months.

If they decide to have enough games to decide an SEC as a replacement for Fall 2020 - i.e. 8 conference opponents, do they start with 2020 Florida and proceed for three months (Troy is a bye)? Is there enough time to get unanimous agreement on reschedules? Once you start moving existing conference schedules around, teams can claim "Well we were supposed to play teams in this order...

https://fbschedules.com/tennessee-football-schedule/

...and now we have XYZ superior teams in a row".

The probabilities are endless.

Then there is not point in playing, at all because no one wants a meaningless season. Schools would actually lose money under this model

Then there is not point in playing, at all because no one wants a meaningless season. Schools would actually lose money under this model

Some schools. I don't imagine several conferences would try to make it happen. But then we're already shedding teams for this Fall, so we're quickly approaching a distinction without a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back