Alabama football: At least five players have reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
--
@KeithOlbermann
on restarting sports: "I hope I can spend the rest of my career saying I was wrong, but I see nothing on the horizon that suggests that any of these restarts are going to be successful.”

Will there be college football? A new flurry of pessimism has arrived

Multiple sources stressed to Yahoo Sports that while Clemson’s numbers are an anomaly in what has been reported, it isn’t the only school with both large outbreaks of positive tests and even bigger numbers in quarantine. Sports Illustrated reported on Saturday afternoon that at least 30 LSU players have been in quarantine. Many others appear to be in similar situations.

Progress toward having college football season 'hit a roadblock'

"And, I mean, we’ve all hearing the same things, I mean the numbers are are enormous across the country, even in Alabama. I’ve heard double digits at Auburn, double digits at Alabama. Should this be expected? I thought they would be handfuls at every school, I didn’t think the numbers would be this big. And this is without anyone on campus. These are fairly controlled environments. And I think the big story, it may not be so much about college football but what are the odds of students getting back on campus if this is the circumstance?

“College sports can always control things a lot better than the normal population. The only issue here is, unless you quarantine players, which you can’t really do on a college campus, this is not going away.”
Any "news" article that uses phrases like "double digit" is not news and is a slanted opinion piece trying to promote a particular view.

News should be as accurate as possible and saying "double digit" is the same as saying "between 10 and 99" which obviously is not the most accurate way to present data. If they're blatantly slanting that data point then everything else is highly suspect

Any "news" article that uses phrases like "double digit" is not news and is a slanted opinion piece trying to promote a particular view.

That was Paul Finebaum's opinion. You just picked up on the highlighted text (like I knew you would lol) and blew it out of context.

So easy. So completely predictable.

Like a storm, coronavirus makes college football unpredictable

...maybe you remember Scott Frost’s coaching debut at Nebraska. Storms blew in. The game was postponed until Sunday. Wait. The visitors are heading to the airport. Game canceled.
Or maybe you play golf. You start the round. Now here comes the lightning. The horn goes off. You head for the clubhouse grill. Play cards. You watch the radar and estimate when the storms are going to pass.
That’s exactly how I think this football season is going to play out.

Randy Smith
Covid-19 and college football don't mix very well at all.

"I truly believe only the very rich will be able to secure tickets to actual games. To make up the loss of revenue for cutting the crowds in half or more, schools will have to go up on ticket prices and gifts to be able to get two-four tickets per game. The majority of fans will be unable to get in to see their favorite college teams this year which could be a windfall for the television networks. TV coverage will now become more important than ever and television revenue could actually increase in the fall because the audiences will increase dramatically. in other words, ratings could go out the roof. This is especially significant since crowds have decreased in every conference over the last couple of seasons anyway."

New Zealand has resumed sporting events with in person crowds, soccer matches are resuming in Spain and Germany. These countries understood that short term sacrifices (economic, social, etc) would allow them to bring the outbreak under control and begin to resume some semblance of normal national life sooner. The same cannot be in our country.
Watch how quickly this disappears from the news after November 3

Reactions: bullet20
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back