Alabama - 1 penalty 5 yards

Nobody was crying last year when all the penalties were called on Alabama
There was not a single penalty called against Alabama last year that did not occur.

And the officials spotted Alabama a free touchdown last year on the play when the AL receiver pulled our DB to the ground from the back of his jersey which was completely obvious and the official called PI on our guy instead of the bammer. And the replay corruptly upheld the call. You must be a troll. Here to sell stuff.

Last edited:
This game doesn’t show who the better team is. Only a clean fair called game by officials can show that. Bama’s oline holding wasn’t called in the 2nd half, that was how Milroe had forever to pass. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of these corrupt officials and higher ups go to church on Sundays posing as Christian’s.

When officiating is bad like that, almost cheating like, they hope you'll just forget about it and let it go after a while. As time goes by, they'll argue to minimize the impact it had on the game.

I am not going to take time to read through all these - just got back home. I will say the one penalty that Bama got benefited them.

I've seen glimpses on social media of some of the moments in question - there was absolutely no replays shown in the stadium on controversial plays that might have benefited Tennessee. There was absolutely no explanation on some situations around the marking of the ball on some of those plays.

I feel sad for the team - they were hitting on all cylinders in that first half then had to deal with the crap in the second half.

Last edited:
I honestly can't let myself get emotionally invested in college football if this is how it is going to be. If we lose fair and square, fine it is what it is. But feels like every single week this year there has been a horrendous blown call that places our team at a disadvantage. It is too emotionally draining to invest in the sport right now. Why would I spend 4 hours of misery watching a team get screwed over on a Saturday when I could be doing literally anything else? I love Tennessee but until the SEC cleans up its act, I don't think I am going to be watching anymore college football.

I honestly can't let myself get emotionally invested in college football if this is how it is going to be. If we lose fair and square, fine it is what it is. But feels like every single week this year there has been a horrendous blown call that places our team at a disadvantage. It is too emotionally draining to invest in the sport right now. Why would I spend 4 hours of misery watching a team get screwed over on a Saturday when I could be doing literally anything else? I love Tennessee but until the SEC cleans up its act, I don't think I am going to be watching anymore college football.

I’ll be honest, I’m beyond ready for baseball and over this crap.

This is where I am at right now as well. I kept hoping that some divine intervention would occur in this game. The team was still trying but every time they had any success it was taken from them.

And other thing - I remember lots of Tennessee - Bama games when Bear Byrant was the coach. It was never this bad in terms of referees and the conference protecting them.

Bama is absolutely ruining SEC and college football.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if Saban put a bug in the ears of the refs to be on the lookout for an 'invalid fair catch' signal from film watching .It's then something they'll be looking for.

Biggest issue I see is how can the official be from Tuscaloosa and calling a home game for Bama?

Reactions: mpfvol and barney
I don't know if this was truly fixed but the the differential in officiating was truly stunning. If Alabama 's first TD pass of the 2nd half is called correctly, then it's a 10 yard holding penalty that never happens. It wasn't even a maybe, our DE was on an island and got put in a choke hold as he got by his man. It matters not if he would've made it to the QB.

Exactly how I felt sitting in BD yesterday especially on the GJL “hold”. Was tempted to leave the stadium then because it was just apparent that nothing we could do would matter in the end.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Exactly how I felt sitting in BD yesterday especially on the GJL “hold”. Was tempted to leave the stadium then because it was just apparent that nothing we could do would matter in the end.

It's a helpless feeling knowing nothing would get called. In the end, nothing was called.

We’re on the same page. Unfortunately it never happens. There is a reason every SEC team hates bama, cause everyone has to play 11 v 11+refs there. We could’ve done better though.
Saban knows his days of ruling over the conference is gone and the likes of GA and UT cont to rise and raise the bar and he will retire with reputation intact before allowing that winning percentage to drop

I usually try not to mention refs, but it was really bad this game. We have to be able to overcome it though.
This is what occurs whenever we play Bama. It's not new. Bama is always going to get their Bama calls and you have to play through it and beat them anyway. But yesterday the zebras came out of the tunnel for the second half with marching orders and they executed them very well. I don't recall ever seeing the levels they went to in order to swing momentum and the game in Bama's favor, especially in front of a nationally televised crowd.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if Saban put a bug in the ears of the refs to be on the lookout for an 'invalid fair catch' signal from film watching .It's then something they'll be looking for.

Biggest issue I see is how can the official be from Tuscaloosa and calling a home game for Bama?
Funny thing on the fair catch call, the on field refs didn’t throw a flag. They had marked it at the 22 yard line, then got the call to review.

The rule is that if another player, other than the one that catches the kickoff, signals for a fair catch, the ball is dead where it is caught. But I didn’t see a fair catch signal given.
The issue was if there was a fair catch called. The player flagged for the call made a motion for players to get away so the ball doesn't bounce into you. That is NOT a fair catch signal by definition.

A valid fair catch is the type of fair catch football fans are familiar with, signaled by a player “extending one hand only clearly above their head and waving that hand from side to side of their body more than once.”

Last edited:

VN Store

Back