Al Wilson to replace Butch Jones on the Jumbotron

This jumbotron is a mess imo. Make it all players up there or all-time coaches. This hodge podge of crap right now looks (as always) like UT has no clue what they're doing. IMO this Jumbotron should be coaches and the next jumbotron players. Boom problem solved.

Al is a great choice. Neyland and Manning have their names and pictures all over the place. If young players don't know who Al Wilson was - that means we aren't doing enough to honor our past - we're too Peyton-centric, I think.

This. There’s a lot more to Tennessee football than Manning. We’ve had a lot more greats than Peyton or Reggie.

Reactions: 1 person
Great pick, Al Wilson is as legendary as they come... we don’t win a championship without him in 98.

With that said, I hope they are redoing the entire graphic or set of graphics. Looks dated and disjointed imo

We don’t win the 1997 SEC Championship without him either.

Al Wilson was, is, and will forever be everything UT football stands for. Can't think of a better person to represent my football team.

Just heard on Sports Talk that all three panels will be replaced starting on Monday. General Neyland, Al Wilson, and Jason Witten.

Al Wilson was, is, and will forever be everything UT football stands for. Can't think of a better person to represent my football team.

That is your opinion not mine. I suspect this is Fulmer's pick so yes he would choose someone from his era and teams rather than consider someone like Reggie White.

That is your opinion not mine. I suspect this is Fulmer's pick so yes he would choose someone from his era and teams rather than consider someone like Reggie White.

He was on the staff when Reggie was a player. Prolly had more contact than Majors.

Reactions: 2 people
I always thought the photo of Neyland with his hand on Lauricella's shoulder was classic. That honors two magnificent Tennessee legends.

Attachments

• Lauricella-Hank-Neyland-768x770.jpg
    Lauricella-Hank-Neyland-768x770.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 3 people
Al is a great choice. Neyland and Manning have their names and pictures all over the place. If young players don't know who Al Wilson was - that means we aren't doing enough to honor our past - we're too Peyton-centric, I think.

Tennessee has historically done a horrendous job of highlighting our success in football for sure.

Reactions: 2 people
Witten is a gamer...He'll have his day in the sun.

Reggie belongs up there.

not sure whats up with the Fulmer hate.

All fan bases have these types of idiots who hate even former HOF, championship winning coaches. And think of this.....after getting used and abused by the university at least twice, Fulmer comes to the rescue to step in and right the ship as AD after having even Peyton Manning stick his thumb in his eye, yet this yahoo still refers to Fulmer, one of the greatest VFLs ever, as the devil. Just unreal.

Oh yeah, and wait for the Fulmer haters to come out in full force yet again after seeing this post. I don’t get it either.

Reactions: 3 people
All fan bases have these types of idiots who hate even former HOF, championship winning coaches. And think of this.....after getting used and abused by the university at least twice, Fulmer comes to the rescue to step in and right the ship as AD after having even Peyton Manning stick his thumb in his eye, yet this yahoo still refers to Fulmer, one of the greatest VFLs ever, as the devil. Just unreal.

Oh yeah, and wait for the Fulmer haters to come out in full force yet again after seeing this post. I don’t get it either.

Probably a Trum....nah. Not the time or place.

Have also wondered who came up with the bright idea to put Lyle up there in the first place.

Says a lot about how far the program has fallen when a Taxslayer Bowl win gets someone on the big screen.

Lyle or who I call the Carpetbagging Yankee, was put up there before he even played a down at Neyland. I couldn't believe that Fulmer's pic holding the National Title Trophy would be taken down for someone who had not even played a down, but the decision would have been the AD's or Butch's. I can't remember if it was Hamilton who hired Butch or Bama Dave?

Peyton funds the scholarship named after him...fwiw.

You just proved my point ding bat. He also donated enough money to have everything he has too, which proves my case. He has been recognized whether he pays for it or the athletic department decides to honor him. I forgot he even has a street named after him. So, again, the red carpet worshiping of Manning is ridiculous but if that is who you chose to worship, good luck with that. SMH

You just proved my point ding bat. He also donated enough money to have everything he has too, which proves my case. He has been recognized whether he pays for it or the athletic department decides to honor him. I forgot he even has a street named after him. So, again, the red carpet worshiping of Manning is ridiculous but if that is who you chose to worship, good luck with that. SMH

Worship...respect...whatever your narrative, you psycho spaz Russian bot. :)

Lyle or who I call the Carpetbagging Yankee, was put up there before he even played a down at Neyland. I couldn't believe that Fulmer's pic holding the National Title Trophy would be taken down for someone who had not even played a down, but the decision would have been the AD's or Butch's. I can't remember if it was Hamilton who hired Butch or Bama Dave?

Lyle played at UT?

VN Store

Back