Al Wilson Destroying Deion Branch….

Just look at this 3 photo series. You can’t tell me that receivers weren’t fearful of coming across the middle when playing Denver.

View attachment 529929View attachment 529930View attachment 529931
All receivers feared coming across the middle of any football field before the rules were changed. That’s where the term “alligator arms” came from. Receivers only reach so far out for a pass because they tried to protect themselves from the oncoming hit. I’ve griped a lot about those rule changes, UNTIL LAST WEEK. When I saw Damar Hamlin almost die on the field, my opinion of targeting and blindside hits changed (even though his hit was neither of those). If those rules save one player, I’m good with it.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
All receivers feared coming across the middle of any football field before the rules were changed. That’s where the term “alligator arms” came from. Receivers only reach so far out for a pass because they tried to protect themselves from the oncoming hit. I’ve griped a lot about those rule changes, UNTIL LAST WEEK. When I saw Damar Hamlin almost die on the field, my opinion of targeting and blindside hits changed (even though his hit was neither of those). If those rules save one player, I’m good with it.

I hope others like you realize the rules are indeed for the players' safety. They are also to protect teams investments in the players. With healthy players, you don't have football games.

Al is from my hometown. People still to this day talk about him. His own teammates were scared to death of him. He brought so much intensity to the field. I enjoyed watching that top 5 hits real. He would be kicked out of the league today for those hits.

My love for my Broncos is only second to my love for my Vols! I grew up loving watching Big Al lay the wood in Denver. I still remember watching that hit on Tyrone Wheatley as a kid.

VN Store

Back