'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

This is huge if we are getting the #1 ranked player in Bama to visit us for the Vandy game over the Iron Bowl.

Reactions: T Dog
This is huge if we are getting the #1 ranked player in Bama to visit us for the Vandy game over the Iron Bowl.
This is a good player to be in on early. Be interesting to see what happens once Bama and Barn start pushing for him, but right now he loves him some Tennessee. Might be one of those early commits that really only serves to make us RFers nervous.

Dylan Brooks is a highly coveted pass rusher in the Class of 2021 – already notching 29 offers having just completed his junior year. The four-star is 6-foot-5, 210 pounds and runs a 4.7-second 40-yard dash. “I want to go somewhere I feel wanted,” Brooks said. “Tennessee makes me feel wanted.” The Vols are high on the athlete and had him on campus twice this football season. Brooks also viewed a UT spring practice earlier this year. “I went to the Georgia State and Georgia games. Even though they lost both, the trips were a good experience. Tennessee fans are wild. Thinking about playing in front of thousands of loud, screaming fans – that pumps me up.”
The Alabama prospect believes his speed and bull rush are his best techniques off the edge. “Tennessee tells me they need a pass rusher and they said they like the way I play. They think I can play early.”
UT defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley, outside linebacker coach Chris Rumph and inside linebacker coach Kevin Sherrer are all playing a part in trying to land Brooks. The Vols aren’t the only teams hot on the 2021 prospect as Brooks is in regular contact with LSU, Alabama and Auburn and has visited each this season. “It doesn’t really matter what conference it is. I just want to go somewhere where I can play and make an impact." The defensive playmaker doesn’t know what he plans to study at the collegiate level just yet, but he knows the end-goal is trying to make it to the next level. “The Tennessee coaching staff does a really nice job of churning out NFL talent. A lot of these coaches have been responsible for guys who are playing in the league right now. That definitely excites me.” The Big Orange’s 2019 season turnaround also gives reason of optimism to Brooks. Following his two visits to Rocky Top, the Vols were sitting with a 1-4 record. “They really look like a top-25 team that just got off to a slow start. Coach Pruitt has really turned things around,” Brooks said. “I was watching the linebackers a lot and really liked the way they play. They play downhill and fast. “Plus, seeing Henry To’o To’o play out there as a true freshman – that was pretty cool.”
Handley High School bowed out in the second round of the Alabama Class-4A State Playoffs. Brooks made headlines throughout the season finishing with 45 tackles with eight sacks and 15 tackles for loss.
“This offseason, I want to get bigger and stronger. I want to work to become a better teammate. Really just everything to be honest. I need to improve a lot. “I’m weighing around 210 right now but need to put on mass. I’d like to get around 220 pounds. Maybe even more.” Brooks has no plans of announcing a commitment prior to his senior campaign as of now. The edge rusher believes it will probably come during next football season. When asked about the possibility of signing early and enrolling in January of 2022, Brooks was noncommittal and said it’s still early in the process. “I’m just looking for a good fit and where I can play.”
-VQ

he’s visited Tennessee 7 times in the past year, maybe more. More times than he’s been to Alabama or Auburn combined in that time span

According to 247 he’s been to Alabama seven times since they offered in February.

Do u have any inside info on him or just a gut feeling
Mainly just a guess but I feel more confident in this kid signing with us than I do some of the in-State guys (like Tray Curry, Jake Briningstool, etc)

We’ll probably have a lot of coverage on this guy tho, likely setting up an interview with him soon

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer

VN Store

Back