‘23 AL S Sylvester Smith

FWIW Adam Gorney from Rivals LOVES him some Sly Smith (who's ranked a 5.9 4-star there)

From 11/30/21:

"At safety, Caleb Downs is at the top of the list but we held off making him a five-star at this point. That could definitely happen in the future. I want to see more of this safety group in person. Caleb Downs, Derek Williams, Sylvester Smith (I especially think he could be special) and Dakaari Nelson lead the way right now. "

From 2/15/22:

"At safety, Caleb Downs is at the top of the list but we held off making him a five-star at this point. That could definitely happen in the future. I really like Munford, Ala., standout Sylvester Smith and he could move even higher after this offseason."

Also notable in that 2/15 post:

"Two others I really like in the four-star range who could move up are Mississippi athlete Isaac Smith, who starred at receiver/tight end at the National Combine but projects as a safety in college..."

FWIW Adam Gorney from Rivals LOVES him some Sly Smith (who's ranked a 5.9 4-star there)

From 11/30/21:

"At safety, Caleb Downs is at the top of the list but we held off making him a five-star at this point. That could definitely happen in the future. I want to see more of this safety group in person. Caleb Downs, Derek Williams, Sylvester Smith (I especially think he could be special) and DaKaari Nelson lead the way right now. "

From 2/15/22:

"At safety, Caleb Downs is at the top of the list but we held off making him a five-star at this point. That could definitely happen in the future. I really like Munford, Ala., standout Sylvester Smith and he could move even higher after this offseason."

Also notable in that 2/15 post:

"Two others I really like in the four-star range who could move up are Mississippi athlete Isaac Smith, who starred at receiver/tight end at the National Combine but projects as a safety in college..."
All Vols targets :D

yup. which makes me wonder about aTm's class last year. that's what i don't know is just how good all those relationships are or if it was just a money grab. cause while we're certainly going to make a splash this year in recruiting, i sitll think we're going after a "type" of kid that fits here, not just because of a recruiting ranking.

time will tell of course, but in 2-3 years, it'll be interesting to see where aTm and TN are respectively.....especially in relation to the bama's, UGA's, LSU's and UF's of the world.
Well A&M and Jimbo have recruited consistently well. But then the NIL just made them even more attractive. Before NIL all the top talent wanted to only go to the top 4 or so of regular BCS teams like Bama, GA, Ohio St, Clemson. Not to mention they were paying as well. Now the other teams in top 15 of recruiting can push to the top as well.

You have to be good at recruiting as a baseline but then all things being equal, there needs to be other incentives: Winning, Money, Starting opportunities, etc

Ha, was just referencing The Humpty Hump
2L25.gif

VN Store

Back