• S
  • HEIGHT 6-2
  • WEIGHT 197
  • HIGH SCHOOL Stephenson
  • HOME TOWN Stone Mountain, GA
  • CLASS 2020
Javier Morton, 2020 Cornerback - Rivals

Javier Morton, Stephenson, Safety

Visiting UT today per 247. Currently a Bama commit.

This dude has reached out to me. I’m not sure how solid of a take he is for BAMA. Committed super early and has taken a bunch of visits, including MINN and some other random spots.

Bama has taken a couple of inexplicable commits early this cycle. But other than Kristian Story I'm not sure they're in on too many other elite safety prospects. Not really a deep class at the position. Kid could just be doing his due diligence and looking around.

Javier Morton, a four-star safety out of Stephenson High School in Stone Mountain, Ga., has been committed to Alabama since Dec. 1, 2017. But as the clock keeps ticking on the 2020 class, the Crimson Tide may not have room for the 6-foot-2, 197-pounder. Morton is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 143 overall prospect in the class and No. 13 among safeties. His commitment to Alabama dates back to the Derrick Ansley era in Tuscaloosa, and the Vols could use that relationship to get back in the hunt should Morton open up his recruitment and look for a landing spot this fall.

He was on campus in Knoxville for an unofficial visit late March and attended juniors days at Clemson and Florida earlier in the month. Tennessee currently has two safety commitments in four-star in-state prospect Keshawn Lawrence and four-star Antonio Johnson, who is scheduled to take an official visit at Texas A&M. Morton has also taken unofficial visits to Georgia, South Carolina and Georgia Tech over the course of his recruitment. Tennessee initially offered Morton in June 2017, after an unofficial visit to Knoxville, but he added the Alabama offer in August 2017 and committed three months later.

-Grant Ramey, 247

Morton isn't going to end up at Bama.

He's visited Georgia Tech a ton and has received a recent offer from Texas.

VN Store

Back