• POS RB
  • HEIGHT 6-0
  • WEIGHT 190
  • HIGH SCHOOL North Jackson
  • HOME TOWN Stevenson, AL
  • CLASS 2019
Lee Witherspoon, North Jackson, Running Back

Lee Witherspoon on Hudl

Visiting for game Saturday per Callahan but no Vol offer yet. Apparently he's been putting up insane numbers this season, 2500 yards and 54 TD's in 10 games this season.

Last edited:
Looking at his list of schools I have to wonder about his grades. He should be at least rated a 3 star with his level of competition in North Alabama.

North Jackson used to be a 4A powerhouse. They won multiple state titles in the 90s under Philip Lolley. They used to recruit .one of the most famous ones being Kenny Smith.

My senior year in HS, we finally beat them. It was the first time in 15 years. Also Pruitts team beat us my Freshman year. I was on KO return but dont remember any direct contact.

He’s fast
I do not know about competition but I can say one thing there is not moment in his Hudl that a player on either team is catching up to him on any play. Kid shows good vision and finds the hole unlike some of the runs I have seen this year. Like I say do not know about competition but he is in s league of his own on Hudl film.

This kid's numbers are truly absurd. First year playing RB and he's averaging 21.8 yards per carry; only 1 team has held him to under 18 ypc. Returned the one kickoff he fielded for an 80-yard TD, ran back his lone INT for a 65-yard TD, averaging 1 TD every 2.4 times he touches the ball...just ridiculous!

Lee Witherspoon's High School Football Stats

Sept. 18: Witherspoon has offers from Middle Tennessee State, Alabama-Birmingham, Troy, Arkansas State and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. At one summer camp he was timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

"He's the fastest kid I've ever coached," Chiefs coach Mark Rose said. "When you look at how big and strong he is, at 190, to be able to break tackles and run that fast, he's special. Once he clears and gets a step, it's over — ain't nobody catching him. It's exciting every time he touches it. He's getting better every week at knowing where the hole is going to be and anticipating where to make his cut. We're as good up front as I can remember, but we were missing that home-run type back. But we've got one now.

"Tennessee was here two weeks ago to look at him. I think most of the bigger schools were thinking he's going to be a corner just because they hadn't seen him get to run the ball. I told them to give me a little time and I would have some game film of him running the ball to show them what he can do."
Chiefs' Lee Witherspoon earns performance of the week

His school is about 15 minutes across the state line from my old high school. Kids parents moved up from Birmingham over the summer. He did play down there but can't remember the schools name. It was a larger school. Crazy as this sounds he was a WR and hardly got playing time. Since being at NJHS he has put up some wild numbers. Has a good frame he can grow into. If he is 180lbs it's a lean 180. Film doesn't lie on his speed. This guy has a set of wheels for sure. Competition isn't that great during regular season. They will start playing some good comp. In playoffs now so we can see what he can really do.

Did you people not read that he ran a 4.38 at camp? Anyways, this could be ty chandler 2.0 look at the film he runs just like him

He looks fast. But what the heck league is this, AAAAAAAAAAA? Never seen slower defenses in my entire life. We must have gotten Richmond from one of those teams.

Wr or db imo. Usually, for some reason, the state of Alabama does not produce very many good running backs. No idea why. Seems like Shaun Alexander was the last one with any notoriety. Not sure who else played hs in the state.

timed 10.8, 100 meters...not too shabby...still, Coach Pruitt may want a bigger fish...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT CATS!

VN Store

Back