‘23 AL OT Stanton Ramil (Michigan St. commit)

We will get Simmons on the end. No worries.
Simmons is an FSU fan. Even if they struggle this year, not sure he'll flip. Especially if he buys into the "Coach Prime" hype. Not sure why FSU would ever risk such a move, but lots of speculation that if Norvell struggles this year they could go that way.

After reading 4 pages of comments I"m amazed most of you only talk about stars..... I know stars are important sometime but give me a kid who really wants to wear the orange & white and give his all every game. JMO
I mean ideally yes, but I’d say many of us on VN really wanted to make the orange and white in our high school days. I was all state/all regional my senior year with multiple college offers….I would have bled for Tennessee…but that wouldn’t have made our team any better. Most of the time talent and athleticism wins out.

After reading 4 pages of comments I"m amazed most of you only talk about stars..... I know stars are important sometime but give me a kid who really wants to wear the orange & white and give his all every game. JMO
I really wanted to wear the orange and white and I would have given my all. But I wouldn’t want a bunch of guys like me on the team

Click Click……..

giphy.gif

This sounds great on a message board and is easy to say in theory, but loving Tennessee and “giving your all” isn’t enough to compete with rosters loaded full of 1st round NFL talents. I think I’d prefer to take the kids who have that talent and work on making them fall in love with our university. After all, that’s kind of the name of the game for recruiting. Very few kids are just instantly in love with the school they choose or know where they are going before the process concludes.

Stars aren’t important sometimes. By hey are important ALL the time. It’s been said over and over again. The teams that win at the highest level year in and year out have the most highly rated star players. That’s just a statistical fact.

While getting kids that are lower ranked yet really want to wear orange and white and give his all is great, it won’t lead to big time wins. The fact is to win big time, you have to have the best talent.

So adding Ramil and Leacock would put our rating at around 258.17 for this cycle.

That rating was good enough for 11th/12th in 2022

So we are very much within striking distance of a top 10 class.

And that's before we get more guys plus inevitable ratings boosts for guys like Conyer or Jalen Smith.

Now we just need to impress on the field and it's a wrap.

Simmons is an FSU fan. Even if they struggle this year, not sure he'll flip. Especially if he buys into the "Coach Prime" hype. Not sure why FSU would ever risk such a move, but lots of speculation that if Norvell struggles this year they could go that way.
Some major money wants him as the next coach.

So adding Ramil and Leacock would put our rating at around 258.17 for this cycle.

That rating was good enough for 11th/12th in 2022

So we are very much within striking distance of a top 10 class.

And that's before we get more guys plus inevitable ratings boosts for guys like Conyer or Jalen Smith.

Now we just need to impress on the field and it's a wrap.
Ramil and Leacock will be 19, and 20. We still have 5-10 more.

We good.

Stars aren’t important sometimes. By hey are important ALL the time. It’s been said over and over again. The teams that win at the highest level year in and year out have the most highly rated star players. That’s just a statistical fact.

While getting kids that are lower ranked yet really want to wear orange and white and give his all is great, it won’t lead to big time wins. The fact is to win big time, you have to have the best talent.
You can keep putting the cart before the horse... but the rankings follow coaches who prove they can sign talent... not the other way round.

It IS true that Bama competes for NC's because they sign talent and they sign talent because Saban knows how to evaluate and recruit great players. It is not true that Bama wins NC's because some group of reporters are great evaluators who independently give the highest ratings to the best players.

heck!

Let's offer Onieda's whole starting offensive line and see if Georgia can stop our attack!!
You know those boys bleed orange!

Come on man!! Be serious :D

Fine and well, but Rudy loved ND and gave his all, too, but you ain't beating bama/uga with a roster with a bunch of Rudy's on it.

Listen, moran. I'm on record that we need to take 4-5 OL. Ramil would make 3. Therefore, I feel we need to target more OL. Simmons and Mauigoa are off the board, at least for now, so we need to identify more targets.

Ramil makes 4. Duncan is an OL til he ain’t.

Reactions: LittleVol
Fine and well, but Rudy loved ND and gave his all, too, but you ain't beating bama/uga with a roster with a bunch of Rudy's on it.

Yeah the whole “gimme a kid who really really really wants to be a Vol” mindset is pollyanna nonsense.

I’d kill to line up and play for this team but I’m 44 and probably run a 5 second 40 now. But hey, I’ll give my all. You goobers want me at Free Safety?

Edit; I’m probably much slower than 5 that listed 5 second 40.

Yeah the whole “gimme a kid who really really really wants to be a Vol” mindset is pollyanna nonsense.

I’d kill to line up and play for this team but I’m 44 and probably run a 5 second 40 now. But hey, I’ll give my all. You goobers want me at Free Safety?

At first glance, I thought this said Polynesian sauce. Carry on though.

Edit; I’m probably much slower than 5 that listed 5 second 40.

naw.

VN Store

Back